+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR cards renewal for family

mushej

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I with my family (wife and daughter) received PR cards and we returned back to home country due the covid times. It was around 4 years ago After removing of Covid restrictions I returned back to Canada and has employed in Canada around two years. My wife and daughter still remains in my home country till I settle here. I will bring them to Canada this year as well. Our PR cards will expired in December. Can I apply for their renewals of PR cards while they outside now or it is better to apply when thier arrive? How many months to PR card expiration it is adviced to be in Canada? My wife and daughter missed 730 days requirement due to Covid. Please advice what to do Thank you in advance,

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I with my family (wife and daughter) received PR cards and we returned back to home country due the covid times. It was around 4 years ago After removing of Covid restrictions I returned back to Canada and has employed in Canada around two years. My wife and daughter still remains in my home country till I settle here. I will bring them to Canada this year as well. Our PR cards will expired in December. Can I apply for their renewals of PR cards while they outside now or it is better to apply when thier arrive? How many months to PR card expiration it is adviced to be in Canada? My wife and daughter missed 730 days requirement due to Covid. Please advice what to do Thank you in advance,
Do not apply for PR card renewals until anyone meet their residency obligation. Even if PR cards expired.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just a reminder that 730 days must be completed in 730 days from landing not. RO isn’t related to date of expiry on PR card. You have been in Canada for 2 years so you have settled in Canada already. If you were able to return 2 years agoCovid has not kept them from entering Canada for 2 years or precovid. RO are individual so you all must meet the 730 days within 5 years. They should only apply to renew their PR cards once they have met their RO. Their chances of being reported for not meeting their RO decrease if they arrive before their PR cars expire but having not met their RO they still risk being reported or having their file flagged for being warned they are not compliant with their RO. Once they no longer have a valid PR card many things become more difficult like obtain a valid health card. They should avoid travel outside Canada until they have a valid PR card. They should return to Canada asap. They are already out of status but return sooner than later looks better.

mushej

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just a reminder that 730 days must be completed in 730 days from landing not. RO isn’t related to date of expiry on PR card. You have been in Canada for 2 years so you have settled in Canada already. If you were able to return 2 years agoCovid has not kept them from entering Canada for 2 years or precovid. RO are individual so you all must meet the 730 days within 5 years. They should only apply to renew their PR cards once they have met their RO. Their chances of being reported for not meeting their RO decrease if they arrive before their PR cars expire but having not met their RO they still risk being reported or having their file flagged for being warned they are not compliant with their RO. Once they no longer have a valid PR card many things become more difficult like obtain a valid health card. They should avoid travel outside Canada until they have a valid PR card. They should return to Canada asap. They are already out of status but return sooner than later looks better.
thank you so much

mushej

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you one more time for respond, however other concerns arose. What is probability that my family will be reported on the border? What will happens if they are reported? Would they be restricted to enter Canada? I arrived in Canada after Covid with the purpose to settle and after settlement to bring my family. I was primary applicant, they are my dependants. Now I have good employment and they can join me. The border service officer can`t separate family just for not meeting RO. Please advice what can I do to ensure their safe landing? Thank you.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you one more time for respond, however other concerns arose. What is probability that my family will be reported on the border? What will happens if they are reported? Would they be restricted to enter Canada? I arrived in Canada after Covid with the purpose to settle and after settlement to bring my family. I was primary applicant, they are my dependants. Now I have good employment and they can join me. The border service officer can`t separate family just for not meeting RO. Please advice what can I do to ensure their safe landing? Thank you.
Nobody can estimate chances of being reported. Every individual is responsible for meeting RO. Family members can even lose status while others retain status depending on whether they are compliant with RO. If they ever lose status you’d have to sponsor them again or apply to retain PR based on H&C status. Both can be lengthy and processes. You have been in Canada for 2 years your family could have joined you a long time ago and should return ASAP so they are close to having 6 months residency in the first 5 years. Still a large non-compliance but better than nothing. RO is based on landing date n
It expiry of PR care.

mushej

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nobody can estimate chances of being reported. Every individual is responsible for meeting RO. Family members can even lose status while others retain status depending on whether they are compliant with RO. If they ever lose status you’d have to sponsor them again or apply to retain PR based on H&C status. Both can be lengthy and processes. You have been in Canada for 2 years your family could have joined you a long time ago and should return ASAP so they are close to having 6 months residency in the first 5 years. Still a large non-compliance but better than nothing. RO is based on landing date n
It expiry of PR care.
Thank you one more time