+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Cards not received - Processing time elapsed

KamSut

May 27, 2011
Hi All,
I need an advise from all the people who have been through this or are currently in this situation.

I landed in Canada and became permanent resident on 3rd Feb 2013. Since then it has been over 4 months or over 80 working days and till date the PR cards haven't been delivered to the mailing address I mentioned during the landing process.

I actually left Canada after completing Landing formalities and provided my Friend's Canadian address as mailing address.

I've tried contacting the VO where I had applied but it's been a month and I've not received any response. On the eCAS, the status is changed to PR processing "Completed" about 3 weeks ago.

Please advise:
1. Where else should I contact to understand what's holding the Card delivery? Since I am outside of Canada I cannot contact the CIC call center... :(
2. If at all I don't get the PR card, do I have a time limit until when I can apply and get a Travel document to return to Canada? Like from the date I Landed in Canada until which date I am eligible to get a travel document.

Thanks in Advance for any advise.

dyaan

Star Member
Feb 10, 2011
Visa Office......
London UK
hey hi,
i am in the same status as you are.
i landed on 11 may 2013 and left canada in 10 days. PR Cards have not been delivered to the address i provided till date. Although Sin cards were received.

Any changes in your case.

Dyaan

s_w_u

Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
13-09-2012
Med's Request
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
14-03-2013
Passport Req..
11-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Exempted; CoPR 14-05-2013
LANDED..........
15-05-2013; PR Card received 25-07-2013
similar case here. not an extreme long wait though.
landed may 15. no PR card as yet.

*** funny thing is, I went down to the states last week and when I came back, the officer at the booth actually asked me why I still don't have the PR card from CIC
I was like, ya, that's exactly the question I wanna ask. To bad CBSA and CIC are different party

s_w_u

Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
13-09-2012
Med's Request
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
14-03-2013
Passport Req..
11-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
PR card received today.70 days of waiting.

bickyii

Nov 1, 2011
Toronto, ON
s_w_u said:
similar case here. not an extreme long wait though.
landed may 15. no PR card as yet.

*** funny thing is, I went down to the states last week and when I came back, the officer at the booth actually asked me why I still don't have the PR card from CIC
I was like, ya, that's exactly the question I wanna ask. To bad CBSA and CIC are different party
hey s_w_u ,
I am waiting for PR card as well, what things are required to Enter Canada without PR card??
Just CoPR & Passport is enough??? I am going to US for few days in September and I doubt I am not going to receive my PR card by that time.

s_w_u

Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
13-09-2012
Med's Request
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
14-03-2013
Passport Req..
11-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bickyii said:
hey s_w_u ,
I am waiting for PR card as well, what things are required to Enter Canada without PR card??
Just CoPR & Passport is enough??? I am going to US for few days in September and I doubt I am not going to receive my PR card by that time.
I asked this question when I landed at the border.
According to the landing services officer, as I am from a visa-exempt country I therefore don't need to have my PR card with me if I come back to Canada via plane. Just passport and CoPR is enough.
If one comes back to Canada by vehicle means, CoPR and passport is always sufficient and visa-exempt-or-not doesn't matter.

Not sure for the travel overseas via plane&without PR card scenario though.

I came back from the states in my own car. I just showed them the CoPR and passport.

bickyii

Nov 1, 2011
Toronto, ON
s_w_u said:
I asked this question when I landed at the border.
According to the landing services officer, as I am from a visa-exempt country I therefore don't need to have my PR card with me if I come back to Canada via plane. Just passport and CoPR is enough.
If one comes back to Canada by vehicle means, CoPR and passport is always sufficient and visa-exempt-or-not doesn't matter.

Not sure for the travel overseas via plane&without PR card scenario though.

I came back from the states in my own car. I just showed them the CoPR and passport.
Thank you for quick reply.
I need a visa to enter but I think landing paper and PP will be enough. Just wanted to make sure..
I am going on my Car, so shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks,

Sunapr

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 14,2012
AOR Received.
Sep 5,2012
Med's Request
Jan 3,2013
Med's Done....
Jan 21,2013
Passport Req..
March 22,2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 10,2013
LANDED..........
May 10,2013
It's been 77 days for me and still have not received my pr card :mad:

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunapr said:
Guys, what about travelling to another country other than US? Can we re-enter Canada just with COPR and passport?

swahid

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Call the CIC Call Center (if you haven't done so already) since the time elapsed for you is greater than the current processing time. PR Cards are processed locally in Canada so the Call Center should have the processing status.

As of right now, the current processing time for cards for new PRs is 71 days.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

In my opinion, this is a two-and-a-bit proof that CIC is shuffling resources around to cover for the ongoing strike. When I landed on June 11, the processing time for PR Card was in the high-50 calendar days (something like 58 or 59). Within a month or so, it has climbed to 71 days :eek:. At this rate, I probably won't have my card till sometime in October. Darn :mad:.

Sunapr said:

Sunapr

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 14,2012
AOR Received.
Sep 5,2012
Med's Request
Jan 3,2013
Med's Done....
Jan 21,2013
Passport Req..
March 22,2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 10,2013
LANDED..........
May 10,2013
yahoo7 said:
Guys, what about travelling to another country other than US? Can we re-enter Canada just with COPR and passport?
I believe you can't unless you are from visa-exempt country.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunapr said:
I believe you can't unless you are from visa-exempt country.
Are you sure about this..there should be a way...

Sunapr

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 14,2012
AOR Received.
Sep 5,2012
Med's Request
Jan 3,2013
Med's Done....
Jan 21,2013
Passport Req..
March 22,2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 10,2013
LANDED..........
May 10,2013
swahid said:
Call the CIC Call Center (if you haven't done so already) since the time elapsed for you is greater than the current processing time. PR Cards are processed locally in Canada so the Call Center should have the processing status.

As of right now, the current processing time for cards for new PRs is 71 days.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

In my opinion, this is a two-and-a-bit proof that CIC is shuffling resources around to cover for the ongoing strike. When I landed on June 11, the processing time for PR Card was in the high-50 calendar days (something like 58 or 59). Within a month or so, it has climbed to 71 days :eek:. At this rate, I probably won't have my card till sometime in October. Darn :mad:.
I called CIC on Tuesday and she said I should receive my pr card by July 30(next Tuesday). If I don't, call CIC again and they will contact the office. Don't understand why Mine is getting delayed! :mad:

Sunapr

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 14,2012
AOR Received.
Sep 5,2012
Med's Request
Jan 3,2013
Med's Done....
Jan 21,2013
Passport Req..
March 22,2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 10,2013
LANDED..........
May 10,2013
yahoo7 said:
Or you will need travel document to enter Canada. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
yahoo7 said:
It isn't re-entering Canada that is the issue, it is being allowed on the plane. Visa-exempt can simply use their passport to board the plane, whereas non visa-exempt must show the airline a Canadian visa to be able to board the plane. As airline staff aren't trained to read a COPR, they wouldn't accept that and would refuse you boarding. So a non visa-exempt person would need to apply for a PR Travel Document so they could get on the plane.

Once you land in Canada, it's fine. You don't actually need your COPR or PR card to go through, as the border officers can look up all your details through your passport.

swahid said:
Nah, that's just CIC. It went from 28 days to 56 days from around late Jan to March, well before the strike.