+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR cards: Does it really take six weeks to mail it?

Rinakkkkk

Feb 25, 2019
Hello everyone,
I'm panicking a bit here. I was notified:
The PR card has been mailed (Canada post regular mail, no tracking available) on August 15, 2018 to the following address.
BUT
If the document has not been received at the above-mentioned address by September 26, 2018, we invite you to contact us again.

Does it really take 6 weeks to mail a card from Nova Scotia to Ontario? I am traveling on September 1st. Should I just apply for a Travel Document? Or post office just gives extra time and the card actually will arrive next week? Does anyone have experience on that?

Thank you!
How long did it take them to process your new card? My husband applied for a new one after his was lost and were wondering how long long it took to process a new one? Although times are unclear due to covid

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Application received on 18-05-2017
Med's Done....
Medical test passed on 27-05-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
The card arrived today. It took three days to deliver from Nova Scotia to Ontario. YAY
After getting PR approval, how much time did it take to schedule appointment with IRCC for landing and after that getting PR card in hand?

Everuhu

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
My first PR card approved and it said the card mailed on Dec 9th, 2019, and I have not received it today (Dec 16th). I live in Alberta, shall I worry about anything goes wrong on my card?
Did you ever receive your card i live in alberta too and its been a week since my card has been mailed?

Celine_sahana

Aug 20, 2019
Did you ever receive your card i live in alberta too and its been a week since my card has been mailed?
Hey, anybody received the PR card? If yes, can you please tell me how many days it took. For me they said, mailed it in Jan 11, but not yet received. I’m from Alberta too. Thanks.

Amm2020

Apr 18, 2020
Hey, anybody received the PR card? If yes, can you please tell me how many days it took. For me they said, mailed it in Jan 11, but not yet received. I’m from Alberta too. Thanks.
I think due to inclement weather in alberta mail was suspended and you will get it maybe next week.

Wahegurudeol2499

Apr 22, 2018
Hi there
My pr card has been mailed from Etobicoke and I live in Mississauga. How much time it takes to receive. Because it says six weeks. Its 4 days already. Does it really takes 6 weeks?? Please reply i have to travel in feb 2 week

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there
My pr card has been mailed from Etobicoke and I live in Mississauga. How much time it takes to receive. Because it says six weeks. Its 4 days already. Does it really takes 6 weeks?? Please reply i have to travel in feb 2 week
If you would be back from a land border on foot or private vehicle, you don't need a valid PR card. Otherwise, have someone forward you your new PR card before your return to Canada.

Wahegurudeol2499

Apr 22, 2018
If you would be back from a land border on foot or private vehicle, you don't need a valid PR card. Otherwise, have someone forward you your new PR card before your return to Canada.
So it will not be delivered until feb 12?? Because its already mailed

Rahul_Ram1008

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
I have been said my pr card is mailed to me on January 20th. They mentioned it might take 6 weeks. Did someone get in less than 6 weeks ? Also i applied solemn declaration on January 6th and send a webform.