waived
Passport Req..
17th november 2011
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
hi friends
i have a query that i plan to land in jan 2012.but i have to stay for 20 days b/c of my job situation then after 6 months i shift to canada for good.one of my friend told me that after landing when we apply for pr card sometime they will make some problem mostly for pic.after leaving if i get some problem regarding pr issue then is there is any other option to go canada or we can corresponds by e mail.
plz suggest me regarding this or can the spouse collect the card or spouse can stay till pr card arrive.
thanks in advance
waiting for suggestions

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
piscerian said:
hi friends
i have a query that i plan to land in jan 2012.but i have to stay for 20 days b/c of my job situation then after 6 months i shift to canada for good.one of my friend told me that after landing when we apply for pr card sometime they will make some problem mostly for pic.after leaving if i get some problem regarding pr issue then is there is any other option to go canada or we can corresponds by e mail.
plz suggest me regarding this or can the spouse collect the card or spouse can stay till pr card arrive.
thanks in advance
waiting for suggestions
Hi piscerian,

You can leave Canada after landing and re-enter after 6 months.
How:
1. You should arrange some one in Canada who can get the PR Card from your given mail box and send to you by courier.
2. In lieu of PR Card, you can enter with your copy of COPR ( not photocopy) via road crossing the boarder on a car. But it depends to the officer at the Canadian boarder. Not possible to re-enter with copy of COPR by flight.
3. In lieu of PR card you can obtain a PRTD ( pay $ 50 and apply for travel document) from your nearest Canadian Consulate in USA.

Now about the other question.

Rarely it happens that the submitted photos are not suitable for PR Card. In such situation, CIC may ask the person to appear in their office for photo taking. If not required to visit the CIC office, new photos can be sent as required on the letter from CIC.

Please be noted that PR Cards are not delayed only for photograph reasons.

piscerian

Star Member
Apr 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 july 2009
Doc's Request.
15 september 2009
File Transfer...
22 september 2009
Med's Request
17th march 2011
Med's Done....
29 march 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17th november 2011
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
thanks wilson........
actually i m living in uae.what is PRDT?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
piscerian said:
thanks wilson........
a ctually i m living in uae.what is PRDT?
piscerian, you are welcome. If you don't have your PR Card when you intend to return to Canada, you have to get the PRTD - Permanent Resident Travel Document from your Canadian embassy at Abu Dhabi. Download the application form IMM5524E from CIC website and submit as instructed by Abu Dhabi Embassy.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM552

Note: I will make a separate post about 'Travel out of Canada without PR Card' as there are several questions on this topic.