+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card

Ajvayani

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
My wife is in Canada on Permanent Resident Travel Document(RC-1). She has already applied for PR Card which is in process. Can she travel to her home country for a while and come back Canada after a month. Her aunty lives there where her PR Card will be delivered. She has PRTD multiple entry.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She will likely have to pick up the card in person. If she just got a PRTD based on H&C it is not a good idea to leave right away.

Ajvayani

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Thanka Canuck98 for your response.

One more thing I wanted to ask that once my wife gets her PR Card how will she be able to sponsor me? Does she need to show she is working in Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She will have to remain in Canada while she sponsors you as I assume you can't get a TRV so she can apply inland. Sponsorship will take approximately 12 months. She can take some short trips to see you if necessary 2-3 weeks max. She will need to show how you will support yourselves in Canada so being employed would be a good thing. You can also show savings, your job prospects or plans to find a job once in Canada, support from family in Canada including free or subsidized place to live or financial support if necessary, etc. Think she is a position to sponsor you right away and not after 2 years since she is coming back on H&C. May want to confirm with others,