+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card

jriede

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Anyone recently land and receive your PR card in the mail? How long did it take from landing? The government website says it takes about 45 days from landing, but the timeline calculator predicts longer than that. Our real estate lawyer says we need the actual PR card when we close on our house in order to avoid the foreign buyer's tax, so we are a little desperate to receive it. My husband's new employer is also requesting it, even though we were quite confident that the CoPR would be sufficient for this type of thing.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Anyone recently land and receive your PR card in the mail? How long did it take from landing? The government website says it takes about 45 days from landing, but the timeline calculator predicts longer than that. Our real estate lawyer says we need the actual PR card when we close on our house in order to avoid the foreign buyer's tax, so we are a little desperate to receive it. My husband's new employer is also requesting it, even though we were quite confident that the CoPR would be sufficient for this type of thing.
We landed Dec 11 and got it Feb 17

Reactions: jptskt and jriede

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Did you use your CoPR for anything official in the meantime and was that fine? (ie. Purchasing a home or working?)
You can get your SIN without the PR card.

We actually left for Ireland the day before it came...long story. You can't fly back without it.

No clue about house buying, sorry!

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
It seems to be taking around 45 days, like the site says. I landed on February 1 and got mine March 16.

Eusufzai

Oct 30, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
Doc's Request.
12-12-2013
Nomination.....
24-07-2015
AOR Received.
02-12-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Request
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
It seems to be taking around 45 days, like the site says. I landed on February 1 and got mine March 16.
Hello,

I landed in vancouver on 2/3/2019 with my spouse and 2 kids. We are Manitoba provincial nominated PR. The visa officer asked us to provide our Canadian address for PR card issuence. We provided that. She informed us that we will receive PR card within 3 months. I returned to my home country (Bangladesh) after soft landing. Today I linked PR card application with my GCkey online application. It shows that cic has already mailed our PR card o 25/03/2019. It also shows that it may take upto six weeks to arrive. My question is that why it will take six weeks to receive PR card within Canada. However, still my online PR card mailing address shows my home country address, but my home address shows Canadian address. It shows the PR card number and expiry date also. So far I know PR card do not mailed outside Canada. Anybody could share their experience.

Thanks and regards,

Eusufzai

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hello,

I landed in vancouver on 2/3/2019 with my spouse and 2 kids. We are Manitoba provincial nominated PR. The visa officer asked us to provide our Canadian address for PR card issuence. We provided that. She informed us that we will receive PR card within 3 months. I returned to my home country (Bangladesh) after soft landing. Today I linked PR card application with my GCkey online application. It shows that cic has already mailed our PR card o 25/03/2019. It also shows that it may take upto six weeks to arrive. My question is that why it will take six weeks to receive PR card within Canada. However, still my online PR card mailing address shows my home country address, but my home address shows Canadian address. It shows the PR card number and expiry date also. So far I know PR card do not mailed outside Canada. Anybody could share their experience.

Thanks and regards,

Eusufzai
They definitely do NOT mail PR Cards to anything other than a Canadian address.

anrerp95

Apr 4, 2019
Hello,

Thanks and regards,

Eusufzai

hi,

how you have linked the PR application with GCkey online application?

can u please share the steps?

also please confirm if you have received the PR card and what was the timelines.

camino_walkers

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
hi,

how you have linked the PR application with GCkey online application?

can u please share the steps?

also please confirm if you have received the PR card and what was the timelines.
When you go into your GCKey account, go to the home page. Click on “Add link to your account” and scroll to Permanent Resident Card. Apparently, this will link right after the landing interview, when you are given CoPR.

anrerp95

Apr 4, 2019
When you go into your GCKey account, go to the home page. Click on “Add link to your account” and scroll to Permanent Resident Card. Apparently, this will link right after the landing interview, when you are given CoPR.
Is the PR application and GC key online application is different?

If yes then do i have to login to my application which i had used for PR and then link it with the GCkey online account?