Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I landed after that date...
and didn't receive it yet!

But they say at their website that there are
new security features:

There have been some changes to the look of the PR Card, as well as some of its security features. The new cards began circulating August 24, 2009.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/inFORMation/pr-card/index.asp

As with any change... they might take some time
to catch up with everybody (i.e. there might be some
pausing time where they did not issue ANY cards).

Let me know when you get it :)

Thanks,

Mary

cl169

Sep 29, 2009
Immigration Canada is totally useless. We have travel booked and will leave in 10 days. We were told PR card would arrive in 30 days. CIC website still gives this time and no warnings of delays so this is why we booked travel (i mean we had 60 days to get the card before we left).

30 days pass no card, 35 no card so we phone. Oh there is a delay, but you should still be okay, call back when it is exactly 6 weeks (anyone who has ever called CIC knows there is no point in calling when they say to wait until week 6).

6 weeks we call back, now they say it is 8 weeks wait (non refundable, non changeable trip will be missed and it was quite expensive, almost $4000).

Phoned today and they said, 4 more weeks from today. IDIOTS. Are we being punished for phoning to inquire about the PR card???

Well they say we can always get a travel doc when we are there (something CIC website STRONGLY ADVISES against doing). So I guess that means instead of messing with silly government of Canada red tape here, we will spend our money to go and deal with Canadian red tape in a different country, if they even let us on the plane here in Canada without the docs needed to return.

I should also point out there there is no problem with our file, just a delay because design of PR card changed.

twocats

Sep 30, 2009
You can leave Canada with no problems. To came back you have either to apply for a travel document or ask somebody here to mail your card to you (this is what I did last year). Delays with documents in this country is not a news - get used to it if you have chosen Canada to be your new home. And manage your anger - believe me this story is just the beginning and much more is still ahead. Take it easy, I'm not kidding, relax and focus on something else - cards will find you sooner or later:)

chandan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
cl169 said:
Immigration Canada is totally useless. We have travel booked and will leave in 10 days. We were told PR card would arrive in 30 days. CIC website still gives this time and no warnings of delays so this is why we booked travel (i mean we had 60 days to get the card before we left).

30 days pass no card, 35 no card so we phone. Oh there is a delay, but you should still be okay, call back when it is exactly 6 weeks (anyone who has ever called CIC knows there is no point in calling when they say to wait until week 6).

6 weeks we call back, now they say it is 8 weeks wait (non refundable, non changeable trip will be missed and it was quite expensive, almost $4000).

Phoned today and they said, 4 more weeks from today. IDIOTS. Are we being punished for phoning to inquire about the PR card???

Well they say we can always get a travel doc when we are there (something CIC website STRONGLY ADVISES against doing). So I guess that means instead of messing with silly government of Canada red tape here, we will spend our money to go and deal with Canadian red tape in a different country, if they even let us on the plane here in Canada without the docs needed to return.

I should also point out there there is no problem with our file, just a delay because design of PR card changed.
So cl169 or what do you call yourself, it's now you can say that immigration canada is totally useless just because your 'PR card is delayed'! How time flies!
Because you have been privilged to be among the selected few so you think you can say whatever you like to them, you have forgotten they are human beings too. If you think you can bring that kind of attitude to canada am sorry you have missed it. Canada is a totally different country, with decent people and civilised people. If you can't wait for your PR then you can write to them that you no longer want to be PR rather than being disrespectful to CIC.

cl169

Sep 29, 2009
I am a Canadian Citizen, I have lived in Canada all my life. I know all about the delays in immigration process and I accept that it happens as long as we, their clients, are kept up to date with accurate information.

I sponsored my girlfriend, all of her processing is complete, they just need to print the PR card and send it. All that CIC needed to do is to post some kind of warning to state the PR cards are delayed. No they did not do that and it is pointless to call the call centre before the 30 days is up, so the only way we could find out that the card is delayed is to wait until after 30 days to be told to wait for 6 weeks. Then at 6 weeks be told 8 weeks and have to miss our trip. This wouldn't frustrate you???

BTW, the CIC website still on this day shows 30 day wait for PR card with no warnings of delays.

chandan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
I am really glad to know you are a canadian citizen.
I know how frustrating it could be to be waiting, waiting and waiting.
I am sorry if i was a bit harsh. I will share my immediate senior brother's experience with you maybe this will make the picture to be clearer to you. He landed on july10 of 2009, he didn't recieve his PR card until wednesday 30th of september 09, inbetwee, he was calling CIC and there was a pre-recorded message saying it could now take up to around 80days if someone has landed from july. He got through to CIC, they apologised and informed him of the delay due to the new PR card being modified. Now when he got his card on wednesday, he belived in what CIC said that there is a modification to the new PR card. cl169, you will love that new card, trust me. But pls a little more patience will do, i know they should have at least written you a letter due to the delay but be sure that anytime from now you will receive your PR card, with some beautiful maple leaves, shinning like diamond, with your photo emborsed all over it, front and back.....so lovely. My brother scanned his copy to me so i know what it looks like. I can't wait to have one too.
I wish you good luck to you and your girlfriend.

defender

Jun 1, 2009
I only received mine and my daughter's not my wife but we all landed the same time, maybe some delay in the post...

kpit_2009

Oct 27, 2009
Hi,

I landed Oct 12th.....

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#pr_card
(last updated October 26, 2009)
Newly arriving permanent residents(once Canadian mailing address is provided) - 38 days

Did any one receive PR Card recently?

Please post your PR Card timeline.

Regards,
KP

kpit_2009

Oct 27, 2009
did any one receive PR Card?

Current Processing Time for PR Card - 36 days

These processing times include a 10–day mailing period.

Is 36 days includes week-end or only weekday(Mon-Fri)?

S_J

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
I landed along with my family on August 17, 2009.

We received our PR Cards around October 20, 2009. With this time line one can judge that they are taking over 2 months to process and send the PR Cards.

I hope that the above information helps.

kpit_2009

Oct 27, 2009
S_J said:
I landed along with my family on August 17, 2009.

We received our PR Cards around October 20, 2009. With this time line one can judge that they are taking over 2 months to process and send the PR Cards.

I hope that the above information helps.
Thanks S_J for update

chinis

Dec 13, 2009
my husband and I landed Aug 16, I received my card the first week of October, but we haven't received my husband's yet. We were both under the same application; has anyone experienced something like this... any idea of how much do we need to wait before we raise the flag to immigration?

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Call right now. You are way beyond the normal processing times.

chinis said:
my husband and I landed Aug 16, I received my card the first week of October, but we haven't received my husband's yet. We were both under the same application; has anyone experienced something like this... any idea of how much do we need to wait before we raise the flag to immigration?