+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CARD WITH NO MIDDLE NAME. CAN I TRAVEL??

filipina311

Apr 3, 2013
hi. I got my PR Card a week ago, and noticed that it doesnt have my middle name on it. it has only my 1st name and surname... in my philippine passport i have first name middle name and surname. im travelling on september to the philippines.

question: can i come back using that pr card or should i request for amendment? my copr states the same, no middle name. im wondering if its because my 1st name and middle name are already 15 characters long, 16 if u include space...

help pls. the processing for a pr card amendment is 6 months plus reissuance of pr card which may takes a month or two. i already have a confirmed plane ticket.

p.s. i dont mind changing all my canadian ids reflecting only my 1st name and surname, just concerned with travel requirements. thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

filipina311 said:
hi. I got my PR Card a week ago, and noticed that it doesnt have my middle name on it. it has only my 1st name and surname... in my philippine passport i have first name middle name and surname. im travelling on september to the philippines.

question: can i come back using that pr card or should i request for amendment? my copr states the same, no middle name. im wondering if its because my 1st name and middle name are already 15 characters long, 16 if u include space...

help pls. the processing for a pr card amendment is 6 months plus reissuance of pr card which may takes a month or two. i already have a confirmed plane ticket.

p.s. i dont mind changing all my canadian ids reflecting only my 1st name and surname, just concerned with travel requirements. thank you
1, You will be fine. The PR card can only hold some many letters. The remarks on y our COPR will show your complete name also the GCMS has your f ull name as your passport.

filipina311

Apr 3, 2013
Thanks. I just called canada border agency and they told me that i may be subject to identity verification but not refusal so impt to bring all my ids with me when i travel. However i need to check with the philippine bprder if they would allow me to leave with my name incomplete on the pr card.

Rowee

May 9, 2018

Hello sis i have the same problem right now my pr card doesnt have my middle name but copr have it but when i did my renewal i didnt include it for some honest mistake..

Just wondering did you got any problema travelling in our home country phils? Dis they hold you from coming back in canada in phil border? Please let know about your expirience i was book a plane tiket this year in december i dont know what to do at the moment..

Thank you o

canada_2018

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
hey everyone!

i need some advice pleaseeee. did anyone of you figure out what happened with the name section in your COPR?

got our COPR a few months ago, but didnt really pay much attention to it till now that we are planning to travel to canada soon....

my husband has 2 passports and in only one of them he has 2 given names (one of them being the middle name that he doesnt actually use on every day basis).

when submitting passports for COPR issuance we sent out both of them and the visa office 'picked' the passport with 2 given names (even thouhg they are both european passports, so there should not be any advantage in one passport over the other).

now the COPR states only one name (the main name that appears on both of his passports) in the section 'given names'.

i emailed the visa office, but not sure how long it will take them to reply now given the holiday period in europe.

we are due to travel at the end of January, so i am panicking here a little.

many thanks in advance!