+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CARD WILL EXPIRE IN 9 MONTHS BUT NOT MEET RO

rbzavarce

Jan 4, 2018
Hi experts.

This is my case:

My name is Carmen, I´m 25 years old. My PR Card will expire in Oct 2018, but I only have 150 days from 2013 when I landed in Toronto with my Parents.

I´m studying medicine in my country that´s why I decided stay there.

Right now, I'm in Canada but next week I will travel to my country. I'll finish my studies on December 2018, but how I mentioned my Pr Card expires in Oct 2018.

I'll come back to Canada in July 2018, to stay with my parents over the summer, but I need to return on Sept 2018 to finish my career.

What can I do ?

1. Can I renew my PR Card, explaining my situation ?

2.- In the case that I apply to renew my PR Card but I receive a negative response. Can I appeal if I´m outside of Canada? My Father or a Lawyer can appeal on my behalf ?

3. Any other thoughts ?

I really appreciate your kindly assistance.

Carmen.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Hi experts.

This is my case:

My name is Carmen, I´m 25 years old. My PR Card will expire in Oct 2018, but I only have 150 days from 2013 when I landed in Toronto with my Parents.

I´m studying medicine in my country that´s why I decided stay there.

Right now, I'm in Canada but next week I will travel to my country. I'll finish my studies on December 2018, but how I mentioned my Pr Card expires in Oct 2018.

I'll come back to Canada in July 2018, to stay with my parents over the summer, but I need to return on Sept 2018 to finish my career.

What can I do ?

1. Can I renew my PR Card, explaining my situation ?

2.- In the case that I apply to renew my PR Card but I receive a negative response. Can I appeal if I´m outside of Canada? My Father or a Lawyer can appeal on my behalf ?

3. Any other thoughts ?

I really appreciate your kindly assistance.

Carmen.
I'm not sure what grounds you would have to appeal this on. You left Canada as an adult and chose to study abroad, despite the fact that Canada has plenty of universities. Your best bet would be to remain in Canada until you fulfill your residency obligation; if you deliberately choose to leave again, knowing you are violating your RO, you are risking it all.

R

rish888

Seems like you are already in violation of your residency obligation. You were fortunate that you were able to enter Canada. If you leave now as others have said you are risking everything.

It's up to you how much your PR means to you, but if you leave next week be prepared to loose it. You can appeal but you will most likely loose it. A lawyer cannot help because you are leaving Canada voluntarily.

The choice you make is up to you, but you don't need to leave. If you leave it is a voluntary action, and actions come with consequences.

If you want my advice, stay in Canada.