+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card was send back to CIC by mistake

SandiaKaktus

Jan 16, 2018
Dear Community,

following problem arose:

We landed in October 2017, spend couple of weeks in Canada and returned back home to wrap up all our obligations and move permanently to Canada in about one year.

When we landed we gave an Canadian address of a friend of my where the PR Cards should be send.

She received the cards for me and my wife, however at the time of receiving she was at hospital stay, so her sister took care of her mail issues and send the envolope for my wife back to CIC by mistake. Mine envolope she kept, since she remembered my name.
So I received the card, my wife not.

What is the right procedure now - do we need to apply for a new PR Card for my wife new or do we need to fill in just the Solemn Declaration Concerning a Lost, Stolen, Destroyed or Never-Received Permanent Resident Card Form?

Is there a phone number from outside Canada that we can consult? What is the best option in this case?
Please advice!

Thanks a lot for your help, guys!
Greetings

SandiaKaktus

Jan 16, 2018
thanks for your replay, buletruck. however, when should we apply for PRTD then? now? or when wen are going to move permanent in one year?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Not sure where you are, but I would apply about 3-4 months before you plan to return. Seems some office can take a while to process them.

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
22-Apr-2016, Additional Doc Request 13-July-2016
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
22 August, further tests 18 Sep, 11 Oct Meds passed
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
Similar situation as yours,PR card sent back to CIC. I had to wait for 6 weeks after which I sent solemn declaration form for card never received. Got a new card issued and delivered in three weeks.
Solemn declaration should work, however do call CIC, as in my case the process of reissuance was initiated by CIC.
You can call on the following numbers
- toll free Canada number 18882422100 - USA number 1 6139444000

The other way is as listed above, apply for a PR travel document. One usually gets PRTD with 6 months validity and single entry. So, just check what are the processing times for PRTD in your country and apply accordingly.

SandiaKaktus

Jan 16, 2018
Thanks guys. We are from Germany, so is the USA number then sufficient for us or any other number that we should call?
rockytg - You called and explained your situation to CIC, right? Did you reside in Canada at that time or where also abroad like us?

Thanks indeed!

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
Thanks guys. We are from Germany, so is the USA number then sufficient for us or any other number that we should call?
rockytg - You called and explained your situation to CIC, right? Did you reside in Canada at that time or where also abroad like us?

Thanks indeed!
Not in Canada at that time.

SandiaKaktus

Jan 16, 2018
Not in Canada at that time.
Thanks a lot!
May I ask you additional question: Did you put the address of your friend in Canada where the new PR card was send or your home country address?
And what should we write in the explanation section - "The PR card was send back to CIC by mistake" - should be sufficient?

The number seems not to work, is there an email that I can contact - any ideas?

Cheers!

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
Thanks a lot!
May I ask you additional question: Did you put the address of your friend in Canada where the new PR card was send or your home country address?

Canadian address. Out of Canada address would not work.

And what should we write in the explanation section - "The PR card was send back to CIC by mistake" - should be sufficient?

Elaborate a wee bit more, explaining about the mistake that happened.

The number seems not to work, is there an email that I can contact - any ideas?

Phone
is the best option. Emails, case specific query at times are overlooked. The address for PR card delivery, my case was never updated inspite of raising two CSEs. These numbers worked in November last year.
Also, one has six months to get the card re-issued without any charge after which there is a fee(would like some one to confirm, my assumption not is)

Cheers!

a_P12345

Sep 30, 2019
In my case, the PR card was sent to CIC. However, when I call IRCC helpline, the agent asked me not to submit any solemn declaration as it is with them. She said it will be mailed back but doesnt say when.
Do you have any idea about the timeline it will be sent?