+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card use

Janette1977

Mar 9, 2020
Hi All,

I have landed and have my PR card. I am going to open an online shop in one of the biggest ecommerce platform and they asked for ID verification. It has to be a government issued ID within country of residence (Canada) or passport. Since my passport is of my original country, seems like I have to use my PR Card. Is it safe/wise to send scan copy of such document online or to a platform like that?
Thanks!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I have landed and have my PR card. I am going to open an online shop in one of the biggest ecommerce platform and they asked for ID verification. It has to be a government issued ID within country of residence (Canada) or passport. Since my passport is of my original country, seems like I have to use my PR Card. Is it safe/wise to send scan copy of such document online or to a platform like that?
Thanks!
Can they not accept a Provincial issued DL?

I'm not sure that I would be comfortable using my PR Card for an e-commerce platform...no matter how big/small it is.

Janette1977

Mar 9, 2020
Can they not accept a Provincial issued DL?

I'm not sure that I would be comfortable using my PR Card for an e-commerce platform...no matter how big/small it is.
I think they will accept provincial issued ID. Maybe I should try to get that.