+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Urgent Renewal for Children

Harryhere101

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
I have applied to renew the PR Cards of my children, one is 17 years old and the other one is 16 years old. Their case, however, has been sent to the local office. Both of them have lived in Canada for 4+ years and all the schools records etc are present.
Below is the timeline:
App recieved: July 19 2019
Processing: July 19 2019
Asked for passport pages photocopies by CIC Sydney: September 18 2019
Sent those by: October 18 2018
Called agents and found out that the case was referred to the local office on October 21 2019.

My wife (the children's mother) was visiting back home for the last 2 months where she fell extremely sick and is now admitted at a hospital with a serious sickness. She wants the children to visit her, so my question how can I apply to process the childrens' PR Card urgently. The doctor has provided us with a note that describes the serious illness of her and I am soon going to buy the tickets. Please, guide me with the process to apply for urgent processing.
Thanks in advance.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
I have applied to renew the PR Cards of my children, one is 17 years old and the other one is 16 years old. Their case, however, has been sent to the local office. Both of them have lived in Canada for 4+ years and all the schools records etc are present.
Below is the timeline:
App recieved: July 19 2019
Processing: July 19 2019
Asked for passport pages photocopies by CIC Sydney: September 18 2019
Sent those by: October 18 2018
Called agents and found out that the case was referred to the local office on October 21 2019.

My wife (the children's mother) was visiting back home for the last 2 months where she fell extremely sick and is now admitted at a hospital with a serious sickness. She wants the children to visit her, so my question how can I apply to process the childrens' PR Card urgently. The doctor has provided us with a note that describes the serious illness of her and I am soon going to buy the tickets. Please, guide me with the process to apply for urgent processing.
Thanks in advance.
IRCC website has clear instructions for making urgent processing requests. Follow the instructions. Which may require proof of purchase of tickets for the travel.

NOTE, however, almost all indications are that IRCC will rarely expedite processing for applications subject to non-routine processing. This appears to be especially true for PR card applications since a PR can travel abroad without being issued a new PR card, and then apply for a PR Travel Document to facilitate travel back to Canada.

Reactions: scylla

Harryhere101

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
IRCC website has clear instructions for making urgent processing requests. Follow the instructions. Which may require proof of purchase of tickets for the travel.

NOTE, however, almost all indications are that IRCC will rarely expedite processing for applications subject to non-routine processing. This appears to be especially true for PR card applications since a PR can travel abroad without being issued a new PR card, and then apply for a PR Travel Document to facilitate travel back to Canada.
Thank you for your quick response!
Anyone else, if has been through the same process, please share your experience.
Once again, thank you!

Harryhere101

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019

I was just curious if there are any specific requirements for minors, under 18?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I was just curious if there are any specific requirements for minors, under 18?
Really only one. If you are under 14 - your parent has to sign the application for you.

Harryhere101

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Really only one. If you are under 14 - your parent has to sign the application for you.
The applications are already sent. The files for both my children are in the local office, and I want to apply urgent processing because their mother is sick outside Canada. Any precautions in that case?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The applications are already sent. The files for both my children are in the local office, and I want to apply urgent processing because their mother is sick outside Canada. Any precautions in that case?
I'm not sure what you mean by precautions.

FYI - they don't need valid PR cards to leave Canada. If leaving Canada is a priority, they should go and you can apply for PRTDs to bring them home.