24-05-2008
Passport Req..
21-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2008
LANDED..........
30-04-2009
Hi Everyone,

I am completing my 1095 days on 22nd July 2014. I was looking at the application package, one of the required documents is PR card copy. My PR card expired on April 30th 2014 and currently under renewal. The renewal processing time is around 120 days which is around 4 months. If I go by that I will not get my PR card before July 22nd. Can I apply without PR card for Citizenship?

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No. PR card is required. I would just wait to receive my renewed card and apply. There is no reason to rush now that the new law is not coming into force at least until next year

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
A copy of your expired PR card will suffice the needs.

vivek901 said:
Hi Everyone,

I am completing my 1095 days on 22nd July 2014. I was looking at the application package, one of the required documents is PR card copy. My PR card expired on April 30th 2014 and currently under renewal. The renewal processing time is around 120 days which is around 4 months. If I go by that I will not get my PR card before July 22nd. Can I apply without PR card for Citizenship?

touché

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
jujuberanch said:
A copy of your expired PR card will suffice the needs.
Agree with jujuberanch. The expired one will be just fine. If it makes you feel any better, call CIC and confirm.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goldline said:
No. PR card is required. I would just wait to receive my renewed card and apply. There is no reason to rush now that the new law is not coming into force at least until next year
You are giving him a wrong advise.

Yes you can apply with a copy of your expired PR card.

Technically you arent really required to send a copy of your PR card since it is not a requirement to possess one all together. A copy of your record of landing is definitely required. Copy of PR card is only a supporting document.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanV said:
You are giving him a wrong advise.

Yes you can apply with a copy of your expired PR card.

Technically you arent really required to send a copy of your PR card since it is not a requirement to possess one all together. A copy of your record of landing is definitely required. Copy of PR card is only a supporting document.
You mean CIC is giving wrong instructions to people right??? ???
What documents are required?

The table below outlines the documents that you need to include with your application. You must also use the Document Checklist included at the end of the form (CIT 0002) to assist you gathering the necessary documentation.

Note. If any of the required documents are missing, or photocopies are not clear, your application may be returned to you.

Note: Additional documents may be required during the processing of your application.

1. Immigration documents
•Record of Landing (IMM 1000), or
•Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688) and
•Permanent Resident Card (PRC) if you have one

Immigration documents that prove your status as a permanent resident (landed immigrant) of Canada.

Permanent Resident Card: you must provide a photocopy of both sides, if you have one.

>>>>>>>>PR card is not required for those who landed long time ago before it was introduced. They used to travel with the record of landing (IMM 1000) but now, after sept 11 they introduced the card with the confirmation of permanent residence.
that's why the istructions says:
xxxxxxxxxxxxx OR ("or" means if you landed AFTER they changed the landing documents)
xxxxxxxxxxxxx AND xxxxxxxxxxxx

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goldline said:
You mean CIC is giving wrong instructions to people right??? ???
What documents are required?

The table below outlines the documents that you need to include with your application. You must also use the Document Checklist included at the end of the form (CIT 0002) to assist you gathering the necessary documentation.

Note. If any of the required documents are missing, or photocopies are not clear, your application may be returned to you.

Note: Additional documents may be required during the processing of your application.

1. Immigration documents
•Record of Landing (IMM 1000), or
•Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688) and
•Permanent Resident Card (PRC) if you have one

Immigration documents that prove your status as a permanent resident (landed immigrant) of Canada.

Permanent Resident Card: you must provide a photocopy of both sides, if you have one.

>>>>>>>>PR card is not required for those who landed long time ago before it was introduced. They used to travel with the record of landing (IMM 1000) but now, after sept 11 they introduced the card with the confirmation of permanent residence.
that's why the istructions says:
xxxxxxxxxxxxx OR ("or" means if you landed AFTER they changed the landing documents)
xxxxxxxxxxxxx AND xxxxxxxxxxxx
Why are you making up rules? Dont interept the wording the way you "think" it means. It has nothing to do with when you landed. It clearly says, send record of landing OR the following 2. It doesnt say if you landed before then send this and if you landed after send that. Then later it says send PR card IF you have one. Again, whether it makes sense to you or not, YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO POSSESS A PR CARD WHILE IN CANADA. The only reason the card was made is for travel purposes, purely.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vivek901 said:
Hi Everyone,

Can I apply without PR card for Citizenship?
PLease read the last page of the application form, 1st paragraph of the check list then see the 3rd item in the list.

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
PR card copy even expired is okay, just you should have one. Valid PR Card is not a Condition.