+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Timeline (Through Online Portal after ECOPR)

rajpotula

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2020
Hey guys,

PR card mailed! :) Saw a ghost update when I checked my application, went in and saw the message that the final decision is taken and is approved and the PR card is mailed! The status then changed to "Approved" from submitted. Now to receive the card, the last leg of the journey :)

Just one question: When they say the PR card is mailed, do they mean just me or also all the dependents who are here in in Canada? Thanks!

JamCan56

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Hi I'm trying to understand this whole process of waiting for the permanent resident cards. Which site will give us updates? Permanent resident portal or GC Key? eCoPR was received on Jan 21st. Permanent Resident Portal says photo is in review with IRCC. GC Key says status is "Submitted" with no other updates. Does anyone know what steps or clues either of those sites give to figure out if I'll get my card soon?
Well, if you linked your pr card application to gc key, the chances of you seeing updates on pr portal are low. My pr portal has yet to be updated despite having my pr card approved and mailed. Others have also stated they never had their pr portal updated. You'll see ghost updates on gc key and eventually you'll see the application approved. If you dont link, you should see your pr portal update once your application gets approved.

JamCan56

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
That's great! Hopefully I should be in the same status too since our dates are so close. Let us know when you get the card, I am assuming it wouldn't take more than 10 days for Canada post to reach your mailbox (but that's just a theory).
Thank you!! Yes, I will update folks once I get the card. I don't anticipate it taking too long either. Maybe the end of this week?
And you should hear something soon!

crazymak

Jan 16, 2019
Well, if you linked your pr card application to gc key, the chances of you seeing updates on pr portal are low. My pr portal has yet to be updated despite having my pr card approved and mailed. Others have also stated they never had their pr portal updated. You'll see ghost updates on gc key and eventually you'll see the application approved. If you dont link, you should see your pr portal update once your application gets approved.
Ok thanks for the explanation! I'll check GCKey once in a while.

Reactions: JamCan56

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Hey guys,

PR card mailed! :) Saw a ghost update when I checked my application, went in and saw the message that the final decision is taken and is approved and the PR card is mailed! The status then changed to "Approved" from submitted. Now to receive the card, the last leg of the journey :)

Just one question: When they say the PR card is mailed, do they mean just me or also all the dependents who are here in in Canada? Thanks!
Congratulations! Hi did your Outland dependents got their stamped passport back with COPR letters?

artsh0914

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Finally, this now concludes our Student to PR journey. I wish everyone success in their applications. Congratulations to all of us!

Background:
CEC inland with 2 dependents
1 - Inland dependent
1 - Outland dependent

Timeline:
AOR - July 10, 2021
Medical Passed - August 9, 2021
Biometrics - Completed last 2019
PR portal email - August 30, 2021
Reminder email (We missed the first PR portal email) - September 5, 2021
PR Portal Credentials - September 6, 2021
Uploaded Photo and Address - September 9, 2021
eCOPR - December 1, 2021
PPR for outland dependent - December 6, 2021
PR card - February 3, 2022

rajpotula

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2020
Congratulations! Hi did your Outland dependents got their stamped passport back with COPR letters?
Thank you! :) Not yet, we have just sent their passports yesterday, so should mostly get them back by this weekend or early next week.

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Thank you so much.. i tried calling this number multiple times (at different times) but the call is getting ended stating "all the agents are busy at this moment"
keep trying one after the another without stopping. you might get lucky in 4th or 5th attempt. best time to call is 11-2PM Toronto time.

Ms.21200

Feb 9, 2022
I got portal registration email jan 13 then repeatedly got the same email for 3 weeks. After 3 weeks, I got the portal credentials and submitted the photo and address the same day. Any idea how much time does it take for E-COPR, address and photo approval?

sonusweetie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Finally got the update that my card was shipped yesterday!! Had received an update on 2nd Feb that my info was sent for printing - so it took 6 days between card production and mailing it. So ready for a #happydance :)

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Finally got the update that my card was shipped yesterday!! Had received an update on 2nd Feb that my info was sent for printing - so it took 6 days between card production and mailing it. So ready for a #happydance :)
So you got a ghost update on 2nd Feb when it was sent to production?

sonusweetie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
So you got a ghost update on 2nd Feb when it was sent to production?
Not exactly - I had been email-spamming them to get updates as my GC key account is with my lawyer who's been MIA since I got eCoPR, so there was no way for me to know what they were doing. They emailed me last week and today as well. I do have to put the disclaimer that emailing them didn't help speed up my case - based on what i've seen so far, i think they've just been picking up pending cases in batches to approve and forward for printing and then shipping.

By the way, your eCoPR of 28th Jan is very very recent compared to mine (Dec 11). Apparently some folks here said there was some printing issue back in Nov-Dec, but since Jan they've picked up speed. You will probably get some kind of update later this month, assuming all goes well.

Reactions: arunesh.vikram

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Not exactly - I had been email-spamming them to get updates as my GC key account is with my lawyer who's been MIA since I got eCoPR, so there was no way for me to know what they were doing. They emailed me last week and today as well. I do have to put the disclaimer that emailing them didn't help speed up my case - based on what i've seen so far, i think they've just been picking up pending cases in batches to approve and forward for printing and then shipping.

By the way, your eCoPR of 28th Jan is very very recent compared to mine (Dec 11). Apparently some folks here said there was some printing issue back in Nov-Dec, but since Jan they've picked up speed. You will probably get some kind of update later this month, assuming all goes well.
yeah hopefully thanks. Enjoy now.