+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Timeline (Through Online Portal after ECOPR)

Aalab

Apr 30, 2022
Journey finally over! Received PR card today.
Ecopr: April 20th
PR card mailed: May 3rd
Received: May 6th
Etobicoke VO
Also we live right beside (literally) of the VO so it's annoying it even took 3 days

Reactions: Timbits and Naz786

Naz786

Oct 23, 2019
Hi Guys,
Wondering if someone can cliarify the next steps for me?
Monday the 2nd i recieved an email stating "Your application for permanent residence has been approved"and about the PR portal and PR card details.
I created and logged into the PR portal to provided my address and upload a photo, this was done on either monday or tuesday too, The photo pixel size not matter how i tried was not to their standard but i dont have the right softwear to to really change it too much and it was a Passport photo i had done at london Drugs so its to their standard (clearly not size wise) and the message when uploading did say and IRCC worker can possibly still use this and change its size
My questions:
1. Has anyone had experienced the same issue with the photo and actually had the IRCC able to use it still as they themselves changes the size?
2. On my PR tracker i see now there is a COPR number and expiry date of 2029, is this ECOPR or just the tracker updating before actual email confirmation?
3. should I buckle in for a long wait on the "in review" process with the photo and PR card from Vancouver?

size the matter
Your photo should be under 4 mb and no dark background or t-shirt
You need go to professional studio I did mine cuz like you London drugs took my money for no reason if you didn’t give them actual photo it will delay your PR card

Sarahmc89

Dec 24, 2017
size the matter
Your photo should be under 4 mb and no dark background or t-shirt
You need go to professional studio I did mine cuz like you London drugs took my money for no reason if you didn’t give them actual photo it will delay your PR card
Thanks for your reply
it was under that size and there was not dark backgroud, the size that mentioned was the pixel size issue not MB size. I already uploaded it anyway as it mentioned the (IRCC) can resize once uploaded, so i guess ill wait and see.

should I be expecting another email with my actual ECOPR with the details of it or is is just one email saying my application is approved?
when i try to link my PR card to GCkey it asked me for the date i became PR... i dont know that date as nothing given so farhas that date on it.

Timbits

Feb 5, 2021
Journey finally over! Received PR card today.
Ecopr: April 20th
PR card mailed: May 3rd
Received: May 6th
Etobicoke VO
Also we live right beside (literally) of the VO so it's annoying it even took 3 days
When did you receive notification on PR card approval and delivery?
mine just says submitted, interested in knowing next updates as I have to travel in June.

Aalab

Apr 30, 2022
When did you receive notification on PR card approval and delivery?
mine just says submitted, interested in knowing next updates as I have to travel in June.
I received an update through Gckey on May 3rd that application has been approved and mailed. That's when the application switched from submitted to approve. I've also noticed that most people get an update 15-20 days after ecopr. In my case it was 13

Reactions: Timbits

Naz786

Oct 23, 2019
Thanks for your reply
it was under that size and there was not dark backgroud, the size that mentioned was the pixel size issue not MB size. I already uploaded it anyway as it mentioned the (IRCC) can resize once uploaded, so i guess ill wait and see.

should I be expecting another email with my actual ECOPR with the details of it or is is just one email saying my application is approved?
when i try to link my PR card to GCkey it asked me for the date i became PR... i dont know that date as nothing given so farhas that date on it.
you put E-copr date of issue in Gckey
Link your pr card
Now the process very swiftly
My cousin e-copr she got email pr card mail on May 6 it’s about nine days

Sarahmc89

Dec 24, 2017
you put E-copr date of issue in Gckey
Link your pr card
Now the process very swiftly
My cousin e-copr she got email pr card mail on May 6 it’s about nine days
Thanks again for your reply, Im not sure what date you are refering to as i am unsure what actually is the official ECOPR date.
I recieved an email saying my application has been approved and to do the portal but i havent actually recieved anything with an ECOPR number or explicit date on it as such yet.
every time i try to link my card to GCKEY is says is cannot find it and things like my application number (assume my PR application number?)it says "The application number you entered does not match the category you selected or is not valid for the transaction you are performing"

Kalikali

Nov 5, 2021
Category........
Other
LANDED..........
17-03-2022
Thanks again for your reply, Im not sure what date you are refering to as i am unsure what actually is the official ECOPR date.
I recieved an email saying my application has been approved and to do the portal but i havent actually recieved anything with an ECOPR number or explicit date on it as such yet.
every time i try to link my card to GCKEY is says is cannot find it and things like my application number (assume my PR application number?)it says "The application number you entered does not match the category you selected or is not valid for the transaction you are performing"
Until you have received the eCOPR in the portal (they should also email you about it), the PR card application can't be linked in GCKey because IRCC hasn't created it yet. The information about your eCOPR will also appear in GCKey under your PR application.
The date you receive your eCOPR is the day you become a PR, and from what I can see from mine, they created the PR card application at the same time as the eCOPR.

Sarahmc89

Dec 24, 2017
Until you have received the eCOPR in the portal (they should also email you about it), the PR card application can't be linked in GCKey because IRCC hasn't created it yet. The information about your eCOPR will also appear in GCKey under your PR application.
The date you receive your eCOPR is the day you become a PR, and from what I can see from mine, they created the PR card application at the same time as the eCOPR.
ahh i thought so, thanks so much for the reply!

aashishleo

Jun 13, 2020
Hi All,

I received incorrect photo on the PR card for my dependent child. Has anyone faced such issue and any idea what needs to be done to get the PR card replaced with the correct photo?

rashi1101

Dec 4, 2019
Hello guys,

is there any email ID I cant send an email to to expediate PR card process? It has been more than a month and the status is still Submitted.

Roopnarain

Jul 6, 2017
Hello guys,

is there any email ID I cant send an email to to expediate PR card process? It has been more than a month and the status is still Submitted.
Hi, me to in same situation, i got ecopr in March but did not get any updates . Status in Gckey still submitted from last month. I have to go to India end of this month.no idea how long it takes.