+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Timeline (Through Online Portal after ECOPR)

EEMduShan

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Hello, my mother PGP application PR got approved and received an email to upload photo and mailing address bevause she is inside canada on her supervisa. She needs to travel due to family emergency. Can she travel?

Vikram_saxena

Jul 3, 2013
Hi, My mother is on super visa and in Canada now. Yesterday we uploaded foto on online portal for e-COPR. As soon as we submitted we got message that - Once information is approved, We will send PR card on mail. But what about e-COPR copy? We didn't get eCOPR yet. Will it come together? Any idea how much time now it takes to get PR card? Also can I travel to US and come back based on super visa as I didn't get PR card and eCOPR yet?

rsm0703

Jun 22, 2023
  • Landing + address & photo uploaded: July 19th
  • eCOPR: July 24th
  • PR Card (PR Portal): Address: "Approved" | Photo: "In Review"
  • PR Card (GCKey Portal): GU1 - September 19, 2023: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
VO: Etobicoke

rsm0703

Jun 22, 2023
Hi, My mother is on super visa and in Canada now. Yesterday we uploaded foto on online portal for e-COPR. As soon as we submitted we got message that - Once information is approved, We will send PR card on mail. But what about e-COPR copy? We didn't get eCOPR yet. Will it come together? Any idea how much time now it takes to get PR card? Also can I travel to US and come back based on super visa as I didn't get PR card and eCOPR yet?
Usually, eCOPR comes within 5 days after your landing and photo + address submission.
You will get an email confirming that you're a permanent resident, so you can download your eCOPR.
PR Card, you can wait around 60 days after your eCOPR.
You must wait for your PR Card to travel.

Doraemons

Star Member
May 23, 2020
Anyone in a similar situation? It's been 14 months since I uploaded my Photo to PR Portal, and it is still under review.

My first submission was not approved before the photo was not clear enough. After I uploaded it for the second time, it's been dead silent since.

rsm0703

Jun 22, 2023
eCoPR: July 24th
PR portal: Address: "approved" | Photo: "in review"
GU1: Final decision - September 19, 2023: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
GU2: Review of eligibility - September 27, 2023: Your eligibility has been reviewed. Your application was approved. We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.

VO: Etobicoke
GU2 Today! \o/

At the start

Feb 2, 2018
I got my Ecopr on 17 august 2023. How much time will it take to get PR card? I can not link my PR card application on GC key. I tried everyway but it says no application found.
Montreal VO

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I got my Ecopr on 17 august 2023. How much time will it take to get PR card? I can not link my PR card application on GC key. I tried everyway but it says no application found.
Montreal VO
How are you trying to link your PR card ? which option ? Application no. ? or with UCI and Place of Birth ?

At the start

Feb 2, 2018
How are you trying to link your PR card ? which option ? Application no. ? or with UCI and Place of Birth ?
I tried with application number as well, however, it is still not working. my application number starts with R and then 9 digits. And yes, I tried all available option to find the application. Is it possible that they might not have my application on the system yet?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I tried with application number as well, however, it is still not working. my application number starts with R and then 9 digits. And yes, I tried all available option to find the application. Is it possible that they might not have my application on the system yet?
The fact that you have PR card application number starting with letter "R" indicates your application is on system. Possibly there is some information that is incorrect and hence issue. Hope you noted down your application number correctly.

How about link using UCI and Place of Birth ? If you are from India, enter POB as CITY,(SPACE)STATE --> as per passport.

Reactions: At the start

At the start

Feb 2, 2018
The fact that you have PR card application number starting with letter "R" indicates your application is on system. Possibly there is some information that is incorrect and hence issue. Hope you noted down your application number correctly.

How about link using UCI and Place of Birth ? If you are from India, enter POB as CITY,(SPACE)STATE --> as per passport.
Thank you Brother, really appreciate your help. I finally was able to link the pr card application to GC Key. There is no progress, everything is under process. What is current timeline for it? I submitted photo and address on 16 August 2023.

Also in GC Key it says application submitted today (date when I linked my application to GC key), Does that mean they will start my process now?