+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Timeline (Through Online Portal after ECOPR)

KylHanas

Jul 13, 2022
Hello, this may seem like a silly question. So I received my eCOPR in July, after I had submitted my photo, confirmed my address etc. On that same page, I read that my PR card would be mailed to me -- so I assumed that's the final step to take.

I did not apply for a PR card until today. There's this separate application on the PR portal where you pay $50 for the PR card. So my question is, did I completely mess up in this process, and waited since July for nothing? :O Help!
Nope, you didn't mess it up. After uploading the photo and address, you received the eCoPR, then the application for first PR card is automatically submitted. The only thing you need to do is wait. After about 70 days (according to the official site), if you don't get any update, you could call them. You could also link the PR card application with your GCkey account, it is different than your PR application

chlo.eee

Mar 18, 2016
Nope, you didn't mess it up. After uploading the photo and address, you received the eCoPR, then the application for first PR card is automatically submitted. The only thing you need to do is wait. After about 70 days (according to the official site), if you don't get any update, you could call them. You could also link the PR card application with your GCkey account, it is different than your PR application
thanks! I guess it's time to give them a call, especially since I haven't been able to link the pr card application.

beyourownak

Jan 5, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-11-2020
Med's Done....
12-12-2020
Anyone for calgary Visa office ?? What's the wait time for PR card after eCOPR of this office ??

calguy99

Sep 24, 2020
Is anyone experiencing delays in their PR photos mailed to Sydney processing center in NS for a new PR card? It seems like there is no proper system in place of how they're processing the PR applications. Some folks are receiving new PR card much faster than expected while others have been waiting for months.

Status: Landed in Canada on June 3rd, 2022 at YVR, became PR and received landing papers at the airport
Photos: Mailed two new photos to Sydney processing center in NS which were received on August 3rd, 2022
IRCC online account: After logging to online account, cannot find an option to (link) an application to the account, can anyone point to what could be wrong in my case and why am I not seeing an option to link the account?

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Last edited:

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Is anyone experiencing delays in their PR photos mailed to Sydney processing center in NS for a new PR card? It seems like there is no proper system in place of how they're processing the PR applications. Some folks are receiving new PR card much faster than expected while others have been waiting for months.

Status: Landed in Canada on June 3rd, 2022 at YVR, became PR and received a paper COPR at the airport
Photos: Mailed two new photos to Sydney processing center in NS which were received on August 3rd, 2022
IRCC online account: After logging to online account, cannot find an option to (link) an application to the account, can anyone point to what could be wrong in my case and why am I not seeing an option to link the account?

Any feedback is much appreciated.
Did IRCC ask you to submit photos?

To link.pr card, follow - https://askkubeir.com/pr-card-application/

calguy99

Sep 24, 2020
Did IRCC ask you to submit photos?

To link.pr card, follow - https://askkubeir.com/pr-card-application/
Yes, our lawyer received a letter stating to submit two new photos to be mailed to Sydney processing center in NS which is why we mailed two new photos.

I went through the process of linking PR application with a GCkey however after logging to an online account, I do not see an option for step 2 - "Go to the section “Link an existing application to this account”. Click on the “Link application to this account” button."

Our local MP office contacted the IRCC and found out that IRCC is still processing photos received from May 9th, 2022 and there will be delays, wondering if this is for people who applied for PR from outside the Canada like us as we applied for PR from US.

Aqua1

Feb 20, 2021
Hi everyone I just have a question if someone knows after eCORp can we leave the job and find new one in the meantime we wait for the PR card ? Please if someone knows let me know

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi everyone I just have a question if someone knows after eCORp can we leave the job and find new one in the meantime we wait for the PR card ? Please if someone knows let me know
Once you get your ECopr , you are officially Permanent resident. You can do whatever job you like or move wherever you want.

Aqua1

Feb 20, 2021
Once you get your ECopr , you are officially Permanent resident. You can do whatever job you like or move wherever you want.
Perfect thank you so much. I see that after it says my card it’s mailed my Gckey account it doesn’t work anymore it logs me out directly it’s that normal?