+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Timeline (Through Online Portal after ECOPR)

UAEng123

Jun 9, 2020
When you first get the email asking for information. How many days does it give you to reply? Can you reply after 3 weeks?

If you receive this email while outside Canada, can you come back with your Work Permit(TRV) and then reply and start the eCOPR process? Basically in this new process when does your TRV become invalid? After replying to the email or aftersending your photo or after actually receiving the eCOPR?

ee_nougat

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
When you first get the email asking for information. How many days does it give you to reply? Can you reply after 3 weeks?

If you receive this email while outside Canada, can you come back with your Work Permit(TRV) and then reply and start the eCOPR process? Basically in this new process when does your TRV become invalid? After replying to the email or aftersending your photo or after actually receiving the eCOPR?
You can reply at any time without jeopardizing your current status. It's only after going through the portal process to land that it gets tricky. Until you land (get your eCOPR), your work permit and TRV are still valid. But once you get your eCOPR, both your work permit and TRV are invalidated and the only way you can return is over the US-Canada land border or with a PR travel document ($50).

Why not tell them in the reply that you are returning after 3 weeks? It's one of the things they ask you for. Then when you come back you write the email address and tell them you've returned. That's what I did. I was in Canada when I got the email but I was leaving a few days later so when I told them this, they put the process on hold until I came back, emailed them, and the process started again the next day, and I was landed a few days later.

The point is, reply.

Reactions: UAEng123

UAEng123

Jun 9, 2020
You can reply at any time without jeopardizing your current status. It's only after going through the portal process to land that it gets tricky. Until you land (get your eCOPR), your work permit and TRV are still valid. But once you get your eCOPR, both your work permit and TRV are invalidated and the only way you can return is over the US-Canada land border or with a PR travel document ($50).

Why not tell them in the reply that you are returning after 3 weeks? It's one of the things they ask you for. Then when you come back you write the email address and tell them you've returned. That's what I did. I was in Canada when I got the email but I was leaving a few days later so when I told them this, they put the process on hold until I came back, emailed them, and the process started again the next day, and I was landed a few days later.

The point is, reply.
Makes sense. Thanks for the feedback!

filtyfox

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Dubai
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
First Landing on July 23 and waiting for my first PR card.
Got a Ghost update on Sep 16. Does it means that it has been approved or photo resubmission ?

chlo.eee

Mar 18, 2016
Hello, this may seem like a silly question. So I received my eCOPR in July, after I had submitted my photo, confirmed my address etc. On that same page, I read that my PR card would be mailed to me -- so I assumed that's the final step to take.

I did not apply for a PR card until today. There's this separate application on the PR portal where you pay $50 for the PR card. So my question is, did I completely mess up in this process, and waited since July for nothing? :O Help!

KylHanas

Jul 13, 2022
Hello, this may seem like a silly question. So I received my eCOPR in July, after I had submitted my photo, confirmed my address etc. On that same page, I read that my PR card would be mailed to me -- so I assumed that's the final step to take.

I did not apply for a PR card until today. There's this separate application on the PR portal where you pay $50 for the PR card. So my question is, did I completely mess up in this process, and waited since July for nothing? :O Help!
Nope, you didn't mess it up. After uploading the photo and address, you received the eCoPR, then the application for first PR card is automatically submitted. The only thing you need to do is wait. After about 70 days (according to the official site), if you don't get any update, you could call them. You could also link the PR card application with your GCkey account, it is different than your PR application

chlo.eee

Mar 18, 2016
Nope, you didn't mess it up. After uploading the photo and address, you received the eCoPR, then the application for first PR card is automatically submitted. The only thing you need to do is wait. After about 70 days (according to the official site), if you don't get any update, you could call them. You could also link the PR card application with your GCkey account, it is different than your PR application
thanks! I guess it's time to give them a call, especially since I haven't been able to link the pr card application.

beyourownak

Jan 5, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-11-2020
Med's Done....
12-12-2020
Anyone for calgary Visa office ?? What's the wait time for PR card after eCOPR of this office ??

calguy99

Sep 24, 2020
Is anyone experiencing delays in their PR photos mailed to Sydney processing center in NS for a new PR card? It seems like there is no proper system in place of how they're processing the PR applications. Some folks are receiving new PR card much faster than expected while others have been waiting for months.

Status: Landed in Canada on June 3rd, 2022 at YVR, became PR and received landing papers at the airport
Photos: Mailed two new photos to Sydney processing center in NS which were received on August 3rd, 2022
IRCC online account: After logging to online account, cannot find an option to (link) an application to the account, can anyone point to what could be wrong in my case and why am I not seeing an option to link the account?

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Last edited: