+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Timeline (Through Online Portal after ECOPR)

calguy99

Sep 24, 2020
PR Card (or as I call it "Long IRCC").

"Landing" date: 24th Feb 2022
PR Card "Mailed" : 4th March 2022
"Called" IRCC: Way too many times to remember now. Nothing useful. After almost 6 months they say, just file solmn declartion and BTW, we are processing Solmn decls from Feb (I do not know if it is 1922 or its 2022 or whatever year)
Faxxed "Solemn Declaration": 1st Aug 2022.

No PR Card Nothing. If they send it again, Fuckken Canada Post will misplace it again! FUCK THIS COUNTRY! Even my 3rd world country like India has enough sense to use a courier for important documents.
Anything related with govt is long process and often test our patience!

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Anything related with govt is long process and often test our patience!
The funny feeling when India issues much more complex documents (passport) faster and delivers it in a more traceable manner.

vvicky06

Star Member
Apr 27, 2021
Hi guys,

I landed (first landing) on 24 June 2022.

For people with their first landing in 2022,
1) How much time did it take to receive the PR card?
2) Was it delivered to your mail box? or you had to show some ID to the delivery person?

Thank you!
Mind sharing your landing experience? what all documents are required (passport, copr letter and ?)
What questions does the immigration officer ask? how much time it took?

pankajsoni

Star Member
Jan 8, 2019
Mind sharing your landing experience? what all documents are required (passport, copr letter and ?)
What questions does the immigration officer ask? how much time it took?
Document: PASSPORT and COPR
Immigration took us (along with my wife) around 15 mins. The immigration officer was nice, she asked just one question - how much funds do you have? Didn't ask for any evidence. Had to provide a local address where PR card will be delivered. My experience - Funds are the most important part of immigration process for PR Applicants, and make sure you have the physical evidence to prove the funds (just in case the officer asks for it).

vvicky06

Star Member
Apr 27, 2021
Document: PASSPORT and COPR
Immigration took us (along with my wife) around 15 mins. The immigration officer was nice, she asked just one question - how much funds do you have? Didn't ask for any evidence. Had to provide a local address where PR card will be delivered. My experience - Funds are the most important part of immigration process for PR Applicants, and make sure you have the physical evidence to prove the funds (just in case the officer asks for it).
Thank you for sharing..!

urvishpatel1996

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
The funny feeling when India issues much more complex documents (passport) faster and delivers it in a more traceable manner.
Hey man. I used to think I would have to wait for my card just like you, surprisingly it came in 3 weeks. And it still shows that it has not even been mailed yet on the PR portal.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hey man. I used to think I would have to wait for my card just like you, surprisingly it came in 3 weeks. And it still shows that it has not even been mailed yet on the PR portal.
Thanks for positivity man! Mine is rather a weird case. Its taking now almost 6 months and I expect it will take 6 more. Weird.

lethaltaurus

Star Member
Oct 27, 2021
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
17-09-2021
Thanks for positivity man! Mine is rather a weird case. Its taking now almost 6 months and I expect it will take 6 more. Weird.
Mine also took almost 6 months...received card just before my ecopr date expiry date :)

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

UAEng123

Jun 9, 2020
When you first get the email asking for information. How many days does it give you to reply? Can you reply after 3 weeks?

If you receive this email while outside Canada, can you come back with your Work Permit(TRV) and then reply and start the eCOPR process? Basically in this new process when does your TRV become invalid? After replying to the email or aftersending your photo or after actually receiving the eCOPR?

ee_nougat

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
When you first get the email asking for information. How many days does it give you to reply? Can you reply after 3 weeks?

If you receive this email while outside Canada, can you come back with your Work Permit(TRV) and then reply and start the eCOPR process? Basically in this new process when does your TRV become invalid? After replying to the email or aftersending your photo or after actually receiving the eCOPR?
You can reply at any time without jeopardizing your current status. It's only after going through the portal process to land that it gets tricky. Until you land (get your eCOPR), your work permit and TRV are still valid. But once you get your eCOPR, both your work permit and TRV are invalidated and the only way you can return is over the US-Canada land border or with a PR travel document ($50).

Why not tell them in the reply that you are returning after 3 weeks? It's one of the things they ask you for. Then when you come back you write the email address and tell them you've returned. That's what I did. I was in Canada when I got the email but I was leaving a few days later so when I told them this, they put the process on hold until I came back, emailed them, and the process started again the next day, and I was landed a few days later.

The point is, reply.

Reactions: UAEng123

UAEng123

Jun 9, 2020
You can reply at any time without jeopardizing your current status. It's only after going through the portal process to land that it gets tricky. Until you land (get your eCOPR), your work permit and TRV are still valid. But once you get your eCOPR, both your work permit and TRV are invalidated and the only way you can return is over the US-Canada land border or with a PR travel document ($50).

Why not tell them in the reply that you are returning after 3 weeks? It's one of the things they ask you for. Then when you come back you write the email address and tell them you've returned. That's what I did. I was in Canada when I got the email but I was leaving a few days later so when I told them this, they put the process on hold until I came back, emailed them, and the process started again the next day, and I was landed a few days later.

The point is, reply.
Makes sense. Thanks for the feedback!

filtyfox

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Dubai
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
First Landing on July 23 and waiting for my first PR card.
Got a Ghost update on Sep 16. Does it means that it has been approved or photo resubmission ?

chlo.eee

Mar 18, 2016
Hello, this may seem like a silly question. So I received my eCOPR in July, after I had submitted my photo, confirmed my address etc. On that same page, I read that my PR card would be mailed to me -- so I assumed that's the final step to take.

I did not apply for a PR card until today. There's this separate application on the PR portal where you pay $50 for the PR card. So my question is, did I completely mess up in this process, and waited since July for nothing? :O Help!