+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

AlayMistry7

Jan 5, 2022
I contacted the Etobicoke office yesterday and they replied back to me today saying that my PR card is now in production and the status of the image remains "waiting for approval" until the card is sent to me. They also mentioned that it is going to take longer than normal for the production process due to their lower capacity of operation!
Does anyone know how long the production process suppose to take?
Since Nov 19th my card is in production.
There is no definite timeline for it i guess.
A friend of mine received his card within 25 days

G.Caio

Star Member
May 11, 2020
That is like 8 months it took to get your cards.
That is too long.
Looks like it is just with to Etobicoke IRCC only because people from other VO are getting cards within 4 weeks
yes. I called IRCC about 3 months ago and they told me that Etobicoke office is very behind and that is taking way more time than the other offices.

AlayMistry7

Jan 5, 2022
But it is not true for all cases.
Couple of my friends they had their application at Etobicoke IRCC and all of them received thier cards within a month.
I do not know why but there are some cases like these for sure and i am one of them.
It has been 3 months and i have no clue why my card is stuck.
While they say the photo was approved on nov 19th.

EdiCavani07

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
I got my invitation to apply for PR on Jan 6th 2021.
Received eCOPR on June 8th 2021.
1st picture uploaded on June 8th 2021
2nd picture uploaded on Jul 10th 2021

Since then, there are absolutely no updates. It says" In review with IRCC" in the portal.
Called IRCC, but all what they said was there has been "slight" delay due to Covid 19... This is very frustrating...
Is anyone on the same boat as me?
Hi @R06n24,
Were you able to link your PR Card application to your GCKey account?
When they reject your photo, do you get email notification or you see that in PR Portal? In case you were able to link it to GCKey, will photo rejection be notified in that application portal as well?

astacom

Star Member
Feb 3, 2018
But it is not true for all cases.
Couple of my friends they had their application at Etobicoke IRCC and all of them received thier cards within a month.
I do not know why but there are some cases like these for sure and i am one of them.
It has been 3 months and i have no clue why my card is stuck.
While they say the photo was approved on nov 19th.
Im with you as well. no cards till now. our ECOPR is June 29th.. now they say there are errors in production and covid came to slow them down again. endless misery!

astacom

Star Member
Feb 3, 2018
What does your gc key says...
I don't use GC key, I tried to signup GC key and I cant link my application for some reason. All I see is my PR portal which shows "In review" for both address and picture.

I am getting assisted by our MP in our area, they even the ones who call IRRC about the status of our cards. They said it was in production last December 20th but there were errors they said. And now covid slowed their capacities again. frustrating :(

poobathy

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Hi @R06n24,
Were you able to link your PR Card application to your GCKey account?
When they reject your photo, do you get email notification or you see that in PR Portal? In case you were able to link it to GCKey, will photo rejection be notified in that application portal as well?
Photo rejection will happen on your portal and you will get the mail to re - upload the photo

Reactions: EdiCavani07

AlayMistry7

Jan 5, 2022
While talking to one of the agents i got to know that in December there was an error in card production.
Due to that on my file (that i cant see) the agent was able to see the status as error in card.
I do not know whether this is true.
Is anyone have the same thing going on with their card??
Did anyone try and something work for them so that we can try the same??
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks