+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

shiv.immigrant

May 1, 2020
I think the Etobicoke IRCC is a total Chaos, they don't know what they are doing, I am waiting for 140 days too but people are getting it in 15-40 days now and IRCC has no explanation. I have sent them an email on below email ID and this is the response I got today.

IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

"
Thank you for your inquiry regarding your PR cards. Your cards are currently at card production.

The status of your Photo in the portal will remain at In Review with IRCC until the PR Card status is updated to Sent to Client or sent to IRCC.

At this time, IRCC has currently reduced operational capacity due to exceptional measures to curb the spread of the COVID-19.

As a result, there will be significant delays in processing the high volume of first time PR card applications.

Therefore, we are unable to provide an approximate timeline of the production and distribution of the cards.

However, please be assured that we are doing everything possible to complete the PR card process for our clients.

For further inquires, please contact the Client Service Center at 1-888-242-2100.

Thank you for your patience,

Calgary IRCC
"
I am in the same boat - "PR card has been sent to production." Any idea how long it will take for them to mail the PR card?

Applicant777

Sep 23, 2021
Guys, I finally received a response from IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca confirming the delay was caused due to an error at production. Now, they are saying I need to have Online PR Portal to be created to upload new photos and confirm address in order to have my PR card produced. I am very happy to see some movement, but at the same time I am afraid that the process for me may start again from scratch and I will have to wait for a long time. Fingers crossed its is not the case and they will take into consideration that I am waiting since April 6th (251 days).

Thank you all for suggesting IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca e-mail address, as it was the only thing that worked for me to make some movement with my case and hopefully expedite the process.

Prcan21

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Hey, I am not an expert on SD but I was reading it only applies if you received a confirmation the card was mailed but never received after 6 weeks. And I was reading people were waiting for 3+ months to get the after faxing SD. I was just hoping that the card production is around the corner…
you can use SD for nor received card, as per the first option below. I don't know if it works, but I'm using all the sources to get my card :)

I just wanted to have the email address of Sydney office so I could confirm the fax reception and push them. :)

(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/solemn-declaration-lost-stolen-destroyed-never-received-permanent-resident-card.html)

Use this form if:

• you have waited six weeks longer than the normal processing time and you still have not received your PR card; or
  • your PR card was lost, stolen or destroyed but you don’t want to reapply for a new one right now.

Reactions: Applicant777

Don2019

Aug 26, 2019
Received my ecopr 21 Jul 2021, completed everything the following day thru the portal etobicoke, no update until last month saying photo and address accepted, linked in gckey but no update, i sent a few email follow ups last week using the emails mentioned here. Today I received an email from Calgary office saying my file was transferred to them and asking me to create a new portal account. Seriously dont know what on earth is happening.

Acharya9099

Jul 26, 2021
Received my ecopr 21 Jul 2021, completed everything the following day thru the portal etobicoke, no update until last month saying photo and address accepted, linked in gckey but no update, i sent a few email follow ups last week using the emails mentioned here. Today I received an email from Calgary office saying my file was transferred to them and asking me to create a new portal account. Seriously dont know what on earth is happening.
I have the same eCOPR date, did you get any earlier email with any update? I recently followed up and they noted that the card is currently at card production.