+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

Applicant777

Sep 23, 2021
I am waiting 251 days since submitting photos by mail to IRCC Etobicoke, while everyone else already received a card or at least some kind of communication. I have tried raisin webform with no luck, calling IRCC and agents refuse to review my application and provide update, sending e-mail to all the addresses mentioned by others and they never respond. I am literally can't understand this anymore and not sure if I will ever receive my card.

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
I have a ticket for tomorrow afternoon. I got an email that they sent my PR card on Thursday from ETO to Ottawa but I did not receive it. I don't know how I know where is my card and when receive it. It is urgent, please.
When did you receive your eCoPR?

remzes

Sep 1, 2021
I am waiting 251 days since submitting photos by mail to IRCC Etobicoke, while everyone else already received a card or at least some kind of communication. I have tried raisin webform with no luck, calling IRCC and agents refuse to review my application and provide update, sending e-mail to all the addresses mentioned by others and they never respond. I am literally can't understand this anymore and not sure if I will ever receive my card.
As well, I'm waiting for roughly 200 days, had to travel outside without a PR Card because my parent had a COVID - no updates, no info, refuses to help from agents, need to follow a difficult process to get PRTD right now.

I feel the same, you're not alone here - hope it helps you feel better a bit.

Reactions: Applicant777

Prcan21

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Did you submit a solemn declaration? I'm waiting for 166 days and sent it on Friday.

RD1991

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Portal email, portal Credentials, submitted photo and address: 29 Oct VO: Etobicoke office Info still "under review" Haven't received eCOPR

I called IRCC again this morning. The lady this time was nice enough to actual open and look at my profile. She said everything is in order and just to wait. She mentioned that Etobicoke office is issuing them and they're really slow and she can't provide a timeline. Also how since my date is 29 Oct it's *very* recent so could take time.
Basically no additional info different from what we already know. I now have to go spend money on medicals to reinstate my status as a visitor because I haven't received my eCOPR yet and don't know when it'll arrive, which is what she also suggested so as to avoid any complications later.

I wish they had waited a few days and sent me that email in November since most of those lucky people have already received their COPRs.

Prcan21

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
I received the following emails but nothing happened on my GCKey account, no GU, no updates. Can I have hope?

Saturday from CIC-Etobicoke-Immigration@cic.gc.ca at 3:00pm

Good Day,

Thank you for contacting us concerning your application.

Our records indicate that the photo submitted has been processed recently and sent for PR card production. Once the photo has been accepted, the card will be mailed out.

Best Regards,

Etobicoke IRCC

Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Today from IRCC.ClientPortalPrairies-PrairiesClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca at 11:47am

Hello,

The PR card has been sent to our Card Production Centre, after the card processing we will delivery to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (my address)

The process will take 6-8 weeks.

CEC_Applicant

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Portal email, portal Credentials, submitted photo and address: 29 Oct VO: Etobicoke office Info still "under review" Haven't received eCOPR

I called IRCC again this morning. The lady this time was nice enough to actual open and look at my profile. She said everything is in order and just to wait. She mentioned that Etobicoke office is issuing them and they're really slow and she can't provide a timeline. Also how since my date is 29 Oct it's *very* recent so could take time.
Basically no additional info different from what we already know. I now have to go spend money on medicals to reinstate my status as a visitor because I haven't received my eCOPR yet and don't know when it'll arrive, which is what she also suggested so as to avoid any complications later.

I wish they had waited a few days and sent me that email in November since most of those lucky people have already received their COPRs.
I could be wrong, but the issue date on my COPR is the day when my PR application was approved, not the day when I actually received COPR. This means that even though you haven't received the COPR yet, you are already a Permanent Resident in their system.
Obviously, don't rely just on my words. But it's worth asking around. Maybe you don't need a visitor visa.

@legalfalcon any thoughts?

CEC_Applicant

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
I received the following emails but nothing happened on my GCKey account, no GU, no updates. Can I have hope?

Saturday from CIC-Etobicoke-Immigration@cic.gc.ca at 3:00pm

Good Day,

Thank you for contacting us concerning your application.

Our records indicate that the photo submitted has been processed recently and sent for PR card production. Once the photo has been accepted, the card will be mailed out.

Best Regards,

Etobicoke IRCC

Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Today from IRCC.ClientPortalPrairies-PrairiesClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca at 11:47am

Hello,

The PR card has been sent to our Card Production Centre, after the card processing we will delivery to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (my address)

The process will take 6-8 weeks.
I received the same email from CIC-Etobicoke-Immigration@cic.gc.ca the day my pr card was approved and mailed

Prcan21

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
I could be wrong, but the issue date on my COPR is the day when my PR application was approved, not the day when I actually received COPR. This means that even though you haven't received the COPR yet, you are already a Permanent Resident in their system.
Obviously, don't rely just on my words. But it's worth asking around. Maybe you don't need a visitor visa.

Actually you only become a Permanent Resident once the CoPR is issued and it's the same day you receive it. On CoPR has the information "Became PR on:.....)

until then, your application was approved but you're not PR yet.

RD1991

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020

I had tagged him once before but he missed it. Hope he sees it this time. Thank you in advance @legalfalcon

RD1991

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Actually you only become a Permanent Resident once the CoPR is issued and it's the same day you receive it. On CoPR has the information "Became PR on:.....)

This is what the agent on the phone was implying as well that till I receive the COPR, my profile is still under review of sorts. It's just sad that I'm literally wasting time and money on another medical. I'll book it towards the end just in case my stars decide to shine in the next 2 weeks.

CEC_Applicant

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021

Interesting, maybe their template changed, but I don't have "Became PR on.." phrase in my COPR. The only date there is the date at the top (above UCI number) and it's the date when my application was approved. I received COPR a week later

Prcan21

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Interesting, maybe their template changed, but I don't have "Became PR on.." phrase in my COPR. The only date there is the date at the top (above UCI number) and it's the date when my application was approved. I received COPR a week later
Look at the PERSONAL DETAILS

Marital status: Place of birth:
Height (cm): Eye color:
Last entry date: Last entry date
Became P.R. on: Became P.R. on:

I never see a different COPR, all I've seen, and it was a lot, have this information.