+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
You won't believe it but I just got off the call with the call center agent and she told me my photos passed the requirements a couple of hours ago and she said it should be mailed soon as well. Once I saw your message I got curious and decided to check my GCKey again (3rd time today) and the status changed to APPROVED. IT'S MAILED NOW :D
Many congratulations :):):)

Reactions: CEC_Applicant

CEC_Applicant

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Yea exactly. This is what I mean.
Oh well, it's a mystery to me why November people are getting PR cards so fast and the rest are still waiting. I used to think mine was taking longer because I sent my original photos by mail, but now I see a lot of people who applied through the portal and still waiting god knows how many months

Last edited:
Reactions: Mill4one

RD1991

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
You won't believe it but I just got off the call with the call center agent and she told me my photos passed the requirements a couple of hours ago and she said it should be mailed soon as well. Once I saw your message I got curious and decided to check my GCKey again (3rd time today) and the status changed to APPROVED. IT'S MAILED NOW :D
That's awesome! Congratulations! Where did you get your pictures clicked from the third time then?

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
Thank you! Waiting to hear good news from you, it's your turn now :)
Thank you! I was so curious to call IRCC after I heard you got it. Lol. I was on the call with IRCC. It is so weird that after I pressed 0, after a long ring, it connected to an agent immediately (usually we wait for longer times). And the agent he didn't ask me anything related to security. he straight away asked the purpose of my call. Anyways, he said he cannot look into the file as the photo needs to be analyzed first and then it will be sent to production and he is not even ready to ask my name & other security details. Wondering if the person I spoke to is the real agent or someone hacked my call. LOL

Adebola1

Oct 14, 2018
Hello, I have also been waiting for my PR card since August 25th- etobicoke. I sent an email to Calgary IRcc on Monday and received a response on Wednesday that card was sent to production but I should allow for 4 to 6 weeks.
I got 2 GU's yesterday. 1 in the morning showing application updated and the 2nd at night showing that a correspondence letter has been uploaded to my PR card application which acknowledges receipt on Aug 25th. Has anyone received this? And how long after this does it take to receive the card? Thank you.
Anyone in similar shoes?

CEC_Applicant

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Basically, PR card can be done in 3 days. If I am not taking into consideration all those months of waiting and retaking photos multiple times, It took them only 3 days from receiving my photo to mailing it

CEC_Applicant

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Thank you! I was so curious to call IRCC after I heard you got it. Lol. I was on the call with IRCC. It is so weird that after I pressed 0, after a long ring, it connected to an agent immediately (usually we wait for longer times). And the agent he didn't ask me anything related to security. he straight away asked the purpose of my call. Anyways, he said he cannot look into the file as the photo needs to be analyzed first and then it will be sent to production and he is not even ready to ask my name & other security details. Wondering if the person I spoke to is the real agent or someone hacked my call. LOL
Call again! I had an agent like that this morning too. Then I called an hour ago and got a nicer one lol

Reactions: amala1611