+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

MisterBlister

Dec 6, 2021
Guys, if your card processing is taking way beyond time and have plans to travel, my suggestion is to send a solemn declaration via mail to Case Processing Centre in Sydney. Yes, the website mentions it is only applicable for those whose cards have been sent but not received. But I still sent them anyway through Xpresspost with a letter of explanation and itinerary (if applicable). They received it on the 6th, got my PR Card approved on the 7th and received my card yesterday.

Also, emailing ircc.clientportalprairies-prairiesclientportail.ircc@cic.gc.ca helped in terms of speeding up.
are you able to share here what kind of explanation did you provide them. Would benefit a lot of users here. Thanks

G.Caio

Star Member
May 11, 2020
Waiting PR CARD since 05/19.
I emailed IRCC today and they replied that my photo has been rejected.
7 months waiting for nothing

CEC_Applicant

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Guys, if your card processing is taking way beyond time and have plans to travel, my suggestion is to send a solemn declaration via mail to Case Processing Centre in Sydney. Yes, the website mentions it is only applicable for those whose cards have been sent but not received. But I still sent them anyway through Xpresspost with a letter of explanation and itinerary (if applicable). They received it on the 6th, got my PR Card approved on the 7th and received my card yesterday.

Also, emailing ircc.clientportalprairies-prairiesclientportail.ircc@cic.gc.ca helped in terms of speeding up.
Don't you need to cancel your solemn declaration now? I have a fear that if I submit one, after receiving the pr card it will turn out to be invalid

jananicmouli

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
are you able to share here what kind of explanation did you provide them. Would benefit a lot of users here. Thanks
Absolutely:

Subject Line was: PR CARD APPLICATION # R00000000: URGENT PROCESSING REQUEST

I am _________ (Express Entry # E00000000 and UCI # 00000000). I received my eCoPR on August 24th, 2021 and I have been waiting for my PR card since. I have a trip booked to _______ on ______ (Mention reason if applicable). Enclosed is my itinerary with payment details. I would be extremely grateful if I could get my PR Card by the end of this year as it has already been an extremely long wait.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
_______

Reactions: CEC_Applicant

Prcan21

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021

Prcan21

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Someone here already used the Solemn Declaration to ask about the card?

This package includes:

Use this form if:

• you have waited six weeks longer than the normal processing time and you still have not received your PR card; or
  • your PR card was lost, stolen or destroyed but you don’t want to reapply for a new one right now.
never mind, think and received the answer at the same time.

Reactions: jananicmouli

jananicmouli

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
Someone here already used the Solemn Declaration to ask about the card?

This package includes:

Use this form if:

• you have waited six weeks longer than the normal processing time and you still have not received your PR card; or
  • your PR card was lost, stolen or destroyed but you don’t want to reapply for a new one right now.
I waited for over 3 months, so sent a declaration in December.

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
I submitted a new photo on Dec 3, it got rejected on Dec 7 (I suspect it had wrong dimensions and/or glare). I submitted another new photo the same day - Dec 7. Now waiting.

We do in fact have very similar timelines
Did you get any update after that? It's been 3 days and not sure if we can assume they accepted the photo? And I saw a ghost update on my husband's profile, but nothing changed.

RD1991

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Portal email, portal Credentials, submitted photo and address: 29 Oct VO: Etobicoke office Info still "under review" Haven't received eCOPR

I sent emails to all the pr portal addresses that everyone mentioned here last Friday, no update. I emailed my MP as well last Friday. They sent me a consent form to fill out which I sent back the same day. I just got a call from their office and they said there is everything on file but no update. You just have to wait it out. I've sent out emails again today.

CEC_Applicant

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Did you get any update after that? It's been 3 days and not sure if we can assume they accepted the photo? And I saw a ghost update on my husband's profile, but nothing changed.
You won't believe it but I just got off the call with the call center agent and she told me my photos passed the requirements a couple of hours ago and she said it should be mailed soon as well. Once I saw your message I got curious and decided to check my GCKey again (3rd time today) and the status changed to APPROVED. IT'S MAILED NOW :D

jananicmouli

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
You won't believe it but I just got off the call with the call center agent and she told me my photos passed the requirements a couple of hours ago and she said it should be mailed soon as well. Once I saw your message I got curious and decided to check my GCKey again (3rd time today) and the status changed to APPROVED. IT'S MAILED NOW :D
WOW Congrats!!!

• Love
Reactions: CEC_Applicant

MisterBlister

Dec 6, 2021
But how is this even possible? they approve photos that are submitted in recent days but dont approve photos from 3-4 months ago?