+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
Finally some movement on my case!

Background: eCoPR Apr 16, sent my photos by mail. Had an error in the printing back in September, but unlike for most people here, they didn't reprint it for me. I've called and emailed IRCC multiple times, contacted MP etc - pointless.

This is what actually helped me: asking the call center agent to put a note on my case asking for an update (yes, they can do it!). The processing center takes up to 20 business days to respond. In my case note was placed on my case on Nov 08, they replied on Dec 01. You have to call to find out if they replied though.

So I called yesterday, found out that they replied the day before yesterday that they started processing my card again. And today I got an email from CIC-Etobicoke-Immigration@cic.gc.ca asking me to send them a new photo by email. Going to Shoppers right now to take a photo and praying I will get my card before Dec 18, the day I am flying back to my home country.

@Applicant777 tagging you as you asked for an update from me
Same happened to us. I contacted IRCC and MP multiple times. IRCC agent said he will put a note on my file that why the processing is delayed and I've been waiting for 7+ months. On Dec 7, we got an email from CIC-Etobicoke-Immigration@cic.gc.ca asking us to send the photos via email as the photos we mailed were not as per their specification. And we rushed to the nearby photo center and e-mailed the agent on the same day. No updates then. Have to wait again. Please let me know if you have got any updates, as our file's processing timelines seems to be closer.

CEC_Applicant

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Same happened to us. I contacted IRCC and MP multiple times. IRCC agent said he will put a note on my file that why the processing is delayed and I've been waiting for 7+ months. On Dec 7, we got an email from CIC-Etobicoke-Immigration@cic.gc.ca asking us to send the photos via email as the photos we mailed were not as per their specification. And we rushed to the nearby photo center and e-mailed the agent on the same day. No updates then. Have to wait again. Please let me know if you have got any updates, as our file's processing timelines seems to be closer.
I submitted a new photo on Dec 3, it got rejected on Dec 7 (I suspect it had wrong dimensions and/or glare). I submitted another new photo the same day - Dec 7. Now waiting.

We do in fact have very similar timelines

Reactions: amala1611

jananicmouli

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
Wait officially over.. Received my PR card in mail today. Card processing was done in Sydney, NS.

Wishing everyone a good luck and hoping that you all get yours soon.

Reactions: Belle16

MisterBlister

Dec 6, 2021
ECOPR- July 28th, 2021
still waiting for PR card..
EOCPR July 29th, 2021 here. I just don't understand how some folks get their PR card in 2-4 weeks, and we wait like 140 days???. Like how? Explain? Clearly is not first come first serve system... Why Is NO one answering to this questions and HOW is the Afghanistan or COVID situation still the excuse they have for certain delays for some users.???

Reactions: Mill4one and Pariya

CEC_Applicant

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
I will call IRCC tomorrow and get mental. I swear I have enough of this lying straight to our faces. 140 days to PRINT one CARD. 1 card.
I feel your frustration. I am at a point that it takes them longer to print my PR card than it took to approve my express entry PR application

Last edited:
Reactions: Pariya

Prcan21

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
I will call IRCC tomorrow and get mental. I swear I have enough of this lying straight to our faces. 140 days to PRINT one CARD. 1 card.
I'm at the same situation, my eCoPR is from Jun 30th and we cannot get an answer . only excuses. I've sent so many emails and webforms, asking for GCnotes and NOTHING. No explanations, no ghost updates, no progress. Meanwhile a lot of people receiving their card within 15 days.

I also received the email from an agent asking for my third photo and complete silent after that.

I'll travel on Wednesday and don't know what to do.

CEC_Applicant

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
I'm at the same situation, my eCoPR is from Jun 30th and we cannot get an answer . only excuses. I've sent so many emails and webforms, asking for GCnotes and NOTHING. No explanations, no ghost updates, no progress. Meanwhile a lot of people receiving their card within 15 days.

I also received the email from an agent asking for my third photo and complete silent after that.

I'll travel on Wednesday and don't know what to do.
when did you submit your third photo?