+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

CEC_Applicant

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
COPR April 16, 2021

Just called IRCC, the agent told me my card is still waiting to be printed. There was a rare mechanical issue in printing. They haven't touched it since early September and god knows when they will open it again. My only option is to just wait :confused:

Meanwhile, I was going to fly back home in December, haven't seen my family in 3.5 years. Now not sure what to do

Navny

Jan 27, 2021
COPR April 16, 2021

Just called IRCC, the agent told me my card is still waiting to be printed. There was a rare mechanical issue in printing. They haven't touched it since early September and god knows when they will open it again. My only option is to just wait :confused:

Meanwhile, I was going to fly back home in December, haven't seen my family in 3.5 years. Now not sure what to do
I am more or less in the same situation. Its about 3 years for me by this December! :(

TorStart

Nov 8, 2021
Sharing my timeline here-

CoPR received: April 10 (via email)
Photos reached Etobicoke: June 22 (via Canada Post)
No updates at all.

Spoke to a IRCC agent. Got an application number as one user advised here but it isn't useful if it is your initial PR card. The agent said it is not always easy to link the application no. she gave me to GC key with a 1st PR card. The wait continues ...

Peter0070

Apr 1, 2021
COPR 28 April
Photos sent 4 May
GU1 8 Nov
GU2 9 Nov
& We mailed your pr card.

Does anyone know how long it will take for the card to get in the mailbox?? I m in etobicoke area and l m flying on 24 nov

Reactions: JamTur

Navny

Jan 27, 2021
Sharing my timeline here-

CoPR received: April 10 (via email)
Photos reached Etobicoke: June 22 (via Canada Post)
No updates at all.

Spoke to a IRCC agent. Got an application number as one user advised here but it isn't useful if it is your initial PR card. The agent said it is not always easy to link the application no. she gave me to GC key with a 1st PR card. The wait continues ...

I don't know why do they change our status when they cant process the PR card in a short timeline. At least with the previous temporary status, we will have our valid visa to travel in case of emergency or meet our family! This COPR is now so useless, like floating in between! Horrible procedures.

Navny

Jan 27, 2021
COPR 28 April
Photos sent 4 May
GU1 8 Nov
GU2 9 Nov
& We mailed your pr card.

Does anyone know how long it will take for the card to get in the mailbox?? I m in etobicoke area and l m flying on 24 nov
I guess its 15 days max after they said it is mailed out.

Prcan21

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Yesterday I checked the processing time and it was 105 days. Today they are saying 89 days. I'm waiting since June 30th, sent by portal, which means 134 days. I need to travel on Dec 15th, so I'm still in toxic relationship with IRCC.:mad:

sohant.4

Oct 21, 2021
I would like to share my experience:
eCOPR - April 14
Photos sent by mail - April 20
Photo rejected and request to upload new photo by email - Nov 1
Sent new photo - Nov 1
Portal notification - Application approval and PR card mailed - Nov 4

Waiting for PR card in mail. Hopefully no further delays.

Good luck!
Further update - Received PR card today (3 business days)

Reactions: joaliriano