+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

aaryas

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
COPR-28th April

I called IRCC today they told my card send to production yesterday.

How long it take for production guys please anyone see 1st GU and after how long card got mailed ??
Cool. I have similar timeline. Did you get any GUs? Is it a natural progression or did you do something to get it moving?

Poesia99

Oct 28, 2021
Please let me know how did you link the PR card application to your profile. Or please share the URL of specific thread.
Thanks.
After so many calls I finally got a nice agent over the phone to tell me my application number (because I sent my photo by regular mail) it starts with the letter R. With that and your UCI you can link your application to your profile there is a list of your previous application and below you will see the link “Add (link) an application to your profile”

vi5nnu

May 3, 2021
I received an email from Etobicoke about the PR confirmation portal creation. My portal was created and I uploaded my address and photo. While the status says "In review with IRCC" for both address and photo, three days later, I got the same email again about the PR confirmation portal. Does this mean I have to respond to that email again and let them create another portal login?

Last edited:

G.Caio

Star Member
May 11, 2020
Called immigration today. I was on the line for 20 minutes with a very nice agent.
Unfortunately she told me that no one touched my application since my photo was submitted on May 19th.
So my card was not event sent to production yet. She also told me that the Etobicoke office is by far the worst and most delayed.
Bad luck I guess. In the meantime a friend of mine sent her photo and received PR card within a month

Reactions: dszjkzjk
Nov 3, 2021
I have to travel to India and planning to stay there for a duration longer than the expiry date of my COPR.
My COPR is expiring in January 2022 and I am planning to travel next week.
Do we need valid COPR to get the PRTD or we can apply with expired one as well?
Thanks

axay_amin

Jan 3, 2020
I have to travel to India and planning to stay there for a duration longer than the expiry date of my COPR.
My COPR is expiring in January 2022 and I am planning to travel next week.
Do we need valid COPR to get the PRTD or we can apply with expired one as well?
Thanks
COPR Never expired, once you received and signed then you are officially a virtual landed immigrant of Canada.

axay_amin

Jan 3, 2020
Thanks for the information but
It has a column in it which says valid to?
That date is used for non-Canadian residents to travel to Canada within that time period to obtain permanent residency status by completing a physical landing. but you are already in canada i guess and once you signed you finished that virtual landing process

Reactions: klein
Nov 3, 2021
That date is used for non-Canadian residents to travel to Canada within that time period to obtain permanent residency status by completing a physical landing. but you are already in canada i guess and once you signed you finished that virtual landing process
Perfect.
You have given me relief from great stress as I was in confusion whether to travel or not.
Appreciate your help!

aaryas

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
29th April COPR. Seems I got first GU today. Anybody with the same timeline got GU this week? How long does it usually take from 1st GU till the PR card in the mailbox?

Reactions: joaliriano

Poesia99

Oct 28, 2021
I got a GU October 28 (I checked the website, no email)
I got an email today saying that my status has changed and now it is Approved. What does it means? Will they send my card soon?

axay_amin

Jan 3, 2020
I got a GU October 28 (I checked the website, no email)
I got an email today saying that my status has changed and now it is Approved. What does it means? Will they send my card soon?
You might receive your card soon. You can call and confirm with agent whether it’s shipped or not.

Far1995

Nov 4, 2021
Hi everyone, I received my ecopr early July but have not received my PR card yet. The portal says my photo is still in review. It looks like my ecopr is expiring in January 2022 (when my passport expires) - does that mean that after my ecopr expires I am no longer legally allowed to stay in Canada? I am also planning to travel out of the country end of January next year. Any suggestions? I tried emailing and calling IRCC but no luck.

Thank you, any help is appreciated.

alexbb

Oct 2, 2021
Is there anyone photo sent in April still waiting for their card? Mine was delivered on April 14. I am desperate now. I emailed so many times, but no replies at all.

aaryas

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
29th April COPR. Seems I got first GU today. Anybody with the same timeline got GU this week? How long does it usually take from 1st GU till the PR card in the mailbox?
The agent said the card was sent to production yesterday i.e 4th Nov. That's why I got GU yesterday. How long does it take to get the card in my mailbox?