+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

sbastola

Star Member
May 24, 2020
@sbastola you're right, and that's my whole point. It's not about how much time is being taken, it's about being inconsistent and unfair to few applicants versus the others. Also, when some people call, they answer and give updates on the application. When others call, they say they are prioritizing Afghan applications.

@rathin, @Applicant777 not 100% sure. I'm not active on Twitter much. If there's a bunch of people here, maybe then we can post something - and maybe message ministers as well. There's power in numbers, so maybe that helps!

Again, my goal is to not complain about why it's taking so much time for my application, it's just to ask for a consistent timeline for all and make it just for people waiting for months.
FYI: I just checked the processing times in CIC and it reads that it takes 139 days to process the first time PR Card. For some of us they might get away with that excuse that it is still within the processing time indicated in the IRCC website. For many of us whose processing time has lapsed, it does makes sense to adopt the resolution brought forward by @chawlaabhinav13. In my case i will join the pack once the processing time i.e. 139 days will lapse.

Reactions: Sam_12

aaryas

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
I wish we could start a rally on Twitter pinging Immigration just to ask for a fair process. There are people getting PR approved and their cards within a month, and there is another group of people waiting for months. Worse is, people first couldn't travel due to Covid, and now can't travel due to PR cards even after their PR being approved - and have not met the family for more than 2 years. You could just allow people with active TRV or other visas to travel if card production is backlogged, which also can't be the case since they are printing quickly for applicants with the new portal access.

It's fine if the process takes time, be it 4 months or 8, but it should be equitable and just for everyone. That's all I ask for at this point, so at least people can plan their travels accordingly and also don't feel unlucky why they weren't chosen for the online process and crib about it! I wouldn't expect Canadian immigration of all to be so unfair to a certain bunch of applicants.
It should be brought to the attention of the IRCC or concerned authorities. A fair processing policy will at least give some hope to applicants waiting for PR cards for months.

CatB

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
When you click on “Check full application status” - does it say there that your card was mailed or anything like that or is it still says your application is in progress?
Ohhh ! Just checked. It says they mailed it to me! Thank you!
but it says it can take up to 6 weeks to arrive lol Im hoping it takes only some days .. what do you think?

CatB

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Hey
I think they didnt just update it. It takes 3-7 business days to arrive in mail.
Yea! Just checked and it says on the messages that it was mailed to me !
They say it can take up to 6 weeks to get to me lol I really hope not lol

jbvk

Feb 8, 2021
I wish we could start a rally on Twitter pinging Immigration just to ask for a fair process. There are people getting PR approved and their cards within a month, and there is another group of people waiting for months. Worse is, people first couldn't travel due to Covid, and now can't travel due to PR cards even after their PR being approved - and have not met the family for more than 2 years. You could just allow people with active TRV or other visas to travel if card production is backlogged, which also can't be the case since they are printing quickly for applicants with the new portal access.

It's fine if the process takes time, be it 4 months or 8, but it should be equitable and just for everyone. That's all I ask for at this point, so at least people can plan their travels accordingly and also don't feel unlucky why they weren't chosen for the online process and crib about it! I wouldn't expect Canadian immigration of all to be so unfair to a certain bunch of applicants.
Agree ...I'm in IN. How to approach immigration regarding this delay

chawlaabhinav13

Jul 24, 2020
Hey guys, I saw a bunch of people 'liked' my previous post. Maybe reach out to me on Twitter (@abhinavchawla13). I barely use it, but I'll get on it and we can form a group or something and discuss it out!
And again to reiterate, we are not going on war against immigration, LOL! We'll just let them know that the current system doesn't feel fair to certain applicants when compared to others, and we should look to normalize it ASAP.

Reactions: Absii and sbastola