+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

anna_

Aug 30, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I am waiting for ECOPR. My VO is Etobicoke . I got my portal confirmation on Sep9 and have updated address and photo on same day. They ask for update of address on Sep13 and I did on same day. Waiting since than for ECOPR. Called IRCC they refused to provide any information and said they are just taking Priority calls for Afghanistan. Anyone in same situation.
Yes. I am waiting for my ecopr. Let me know once you get your ecopr/ pr card. I am waiting since September 24th.

chawlaabhinav13

Jul 24, 2020
I wish we could start a rally on Twitter pinging Immigration just to ask for a fair process. There are people getting PR approved and their cards within a month, and there is another group of people waiting for months. Worse is, people first couldn't travel due to Covid, and now can't travel due to PR cards even after their PR being approved - and have not met the family for more than 2 years. You could just allow people with active TRV or other visas to travel if card production is backlogged, which also can't be the case since they are printing quickly for applicants with the new portal access.

It's fine if the process takes time, be it 4 months or 8, but it should be equitable and just for everyone. That's all I ask for at this point, so at least people can plan their travels accordingly and also don't feel unlucky why they weren't chosen for the online process and crib about it! I wouldn't expect Canadian immigration of all to be so unfair to a certain bunch of applicants.

Applicant777

Sep 23, 2021
I wish we could start a rally on Twitter pinging Immigration just to ask for a fair process. There are people getting PR approved and their cards within a month, and there is another group of people waiting for months. Worse is, people first couldn't travel due to Covid, and now can't travel due to PR cards even after their PR being approved - and have not met the family for more than 2 years. You could just allow people with active TRV or other visas to travel if card production is backlogged, which also can't be the case since they are printing quickly for applicants with the new portal access.

It's fine if the process takes time, be it 4 months or 8, but it should be equitable and just for everyone. That's all I ask for at this point, so at least people can plan their travels accordingly and also don't feel unlucky why they weren't chosen for the online process and crib about it! I wouldn't expect Canadian immigration of all to be so unfair to a certain bunch of applicants.
Great post and I agree 100%. Unfortunately, I am in the unlucky category of people who were told to sent photo by mail and as a result I been waiting for my PR Card since April 6th with no updates. At the same time I see people who submitted photo online from May - July already receiving updates and cards. This is so unfair and painful. I wish we could really gather and start approaching them together, otherwise we are helpless.

CatB

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Today I got a second GU saying "Application/Profile updated" and I decided to call them and the lady told me the card was mail to me today! Does anyone have an idea how long it usually takes until the card gets to my mailbox?
Also.. It's weird because on my profile doesn't say "mailed" but she definitely told me it was today

I have a flight at the end of the month and I'm crossing my fingers to get it before I leave..

sbastola

Star Member
May 24, 2020
Great post and I agree 100%. Unfortunately, I am in the unlucky category of people who were told to sent photo by mail and as a result I been waiting for my PR Card since April 6th with no updates. At the same time I see people who submitted photo online from May - July already receiving updates and cards. This is so unfair and painful. I wish we could really gather and start approaching them together, otherwise we are helpless.
I agree with the post but I have not received any updates after the photo submission either even though I submitted my photos via PR portal. So it is not really consistent with the eCOPR timeline. My wife wants to visit her parents. frustrating.

rathin

May 6, 2021

HOW WE GONNA GET TO GATHER AND TELL THEM ABOUT OUR ISSUE ?? YOU GUYS WANNA GO TO TWItter creat a group ??

Reactions: aideepak

CaliChunks

Star Member
Jun 3, 2021
Joining this forum. ECOPR received from Etobicoke VO on Oct 5 and waiting for PR card.

I have travel plans in early December for the holiday season I hope I don't get stuck because of PR card.

I really hope that IRCC can see that people want to spend Xmas/NYE with their families and so speeds up the PR card mailing process for people with approved PR's/ECOPR

chawlaabhinav13

Jul 24, 2020
@sbastola you're right, and that's my whole point. It's not about how much time is being taken, it's about being inconsistent and unfair to few applicants versus the others. Also, when some people call, they answer and give updates on the application. When others call, they say they are prioritizing Afghan applications.

@rathin, @Applicant777 not 100% sure. I'm not active on Twitter much. If there's a bunch of people here, maybe then we can post something - and maybe message ministers as well. There's power in numbers, so maybe that helps!

Again, my goal is to not complain about why it's taking so much time for my application, it's just to ask for a consistent timeline for all and make it just for people waiting for months.

Applicant777

Sep 23, 2021
Today I got a second GU saying "Application/Profile updated" and I decided to call them and the lady told me the card was mail to me today! Does anyone have an idea how long it usually takes until the card gets to my mailbox?
Also.. It's weird because on my profile doesn't say "mailed" but she definitely told me it was today

I have a flight at the end of the month and I'm crossing my fingers to get it before I leave..
When you click on “Check full application status” - does it say there that your card was mailed or anything like that or is it still says your application is in progress?

Raj2210

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020

Hey
I think they didnt just update it. It takes 3-7 business days to arrive in mail.

Reactions: CatB