+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

MooseTapeSeason

Star Member
May 19, 2021
yes, after they gave me my home town as it is written in their profile - I linked my application
I was also able to link mine after 3 months. However, the problem is with City/town of birth; if you get it right, you could link pr card application within a week from ecopr. I linked 2. One ecopr is from September 27,2021

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021

CatB

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Unfortunately, at the moment when you receive eCOPR / confirmation of permanent residence - all your permits and visas automatically cancelled, and you can't travel using them.

I didn't check this information, and planned a vacation. But after I found out this information, I had to cancel all my plans and stay in Canada. (still waiting for PR Card)
you can travel to the US and cross land border with a COPR.

CatB

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Are you sure about this? What's the source?
Immigration agents. Also they sent me this email back in July:
Permanent residents outside Canada

If you are a permanent resident outside Canada and you are planning on returning to Canada:

• On a commercial carrier(plane, boat, train or bus):
  • Aboard a private vehicle:
    • it is not necessary to have the PR card with you,
    • you can use one of the following immigration documents:
      • Record of Landing (IMM 1000), or
      • Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688).

Also, I called the borders maybe 7 times to confirm this information. But anyone can do the same and make sure they hear the same I did :)

Reactions: Beeakh

Agashi

Mar 11, 2021
Hi,
I am in inland applicant and had submitted photos on March 31st and still awaiting for my pr card. My dependent husband application was approved and he received his card today but my application is still in submitted status, Has anyone been in the same situation could you please let us know when the primary applicant card was approved.
Also I have a valid work permit visa, Is it possible to travel back with this visa after COPR.

Thanks
Only possible if you are travelling by car via US, but you also need a valid Canadian ID like a drivers license. Or you can get a prtd. My pr card is also late, I left to travel to the Philippines anyway thinking I could get a prtd straight away and boy was I wrong. It was very stressful, the prtd application took over 2 months, countless emails, and sleepless nights. I do not recommend this at all if the VAC office in your home country is not open to process prtds.

its_rohit27

Star Member
Jun 27, 2021
Hi All,

Received COPR - July 27th
Submitted photos next day - July 28th
Received email for re-submission of photos in 2 weeks- re-submitted the next day after that no updates.

Any idea what is taking them so long- everything was done through the new online portal system.

I have been trying to contact ircc to hear any updates or where my application for PR CARD is but not even able to reach them. Even web-form didn't work as their top PRIORITY IS THE AFGHANISTAN issue.

Anybody has recently spoke to IRCC regarding this? If so what is the contact number? Any advise will help please.. and Thank You.
Got eCOPR on MAy 10 new portal uploaded photo in the portal on May 12, waiting since then for PR Card. No card yet. Photo still in review in Portal. Etobicoke VO.

Reactions: Absii and remzes

its_rohit27

Star Member
Jun 27, 2021
We submitted the address and photo and got e-COPR on August 13, 2021.
status is "Address: Accepted, Photo : In review"
Since then no update on the PR card. Tried all the possible ways, to link it to the application. But the portal could not find my application.
Also, no clue about the PR card.
Got eCOPR on May 10 new portal uploaded photo in the portal on May 12, waiting since then for PR Card. No card yet. Photo still in the review in Portal. Etobicoke VO.

yasirhashmi15

Sep 19, 2019
Hi Yasir,
Could you please tell what did you wrote in the email that you sent to the Etobicoke office?
@trih

Hello Officer,

Name: XXXX
UCI: XXXX
Application number: XXXX

My photo was rejected on XXX and I have uploaded a new photo on same day.

Kindly I request you to please issue my PR card.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Regards,
XXX

Reactions: trih

cathelima

Oct 1, 2021
Hey everyone,

I received my co- PR in May 12th and I was able to link my application. I was in submitted status until now and on September 29th, my PR card application was approved. After that, should we wait until they put mailed and then, wait 2-5 business days for the card to arrive in my home?
Thanks.

its_rohit27

Star Member
Jun 27, 2021
Hey everyone,

I received my co- PR in May 12th and I was able to link my application. I was in submitted status until now and on September 29th, my PR card application was approved. After that, should we wait until they put mailed and then, wait 2-5 business days for the card to arrive in my home?
Thanks.
Hey mine is May 10 eCopr and i am still waiting for my card. Could you tell me what is the date received on your PR Card application?
When you open the application it should be there.

Reactions: cathelima

casualpunx

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
What if my application was created at OSC operation, in this case i assume that it is from Ottawa. What Email can i reach to them?