+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

canpr2020

Star Member
Aug 5, 2020
Photos delivered to Etobicoke on 30-April, got 1st GU on 23-Sep and today PR card application approved on profile.... waiting for the cards now

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
Hello,
I received eCoPR for myself and 2 dependents (all are Inland) from Etobicoke on September 9 2021. Since then m waiting for update on PR card.
Considering the Covid 19 situation, I have few questions on the PR process:
- Do I need to link the eCoPR or portal with my CIC application?
- How does virtual Landing will process? do i need to call them for booking or ET office will call me with the appointment details.
- Approximately how much time does Etobicoke office will take to send PR Cards.
- We have TRV on our passport, do i need to submit the passport to ET office for update or change to TRV as we are PR now?

Appreciate any help with these questions.
Regards,
Alka
Depending If you are in Canada and have received the email from etobicoke office - COPR - Then just send the pictures to them. Instructions are mentioned on the letter. You do not need to send the passport. Just the document and photo. Photo back should have some info like store name/address and your name/DOB and UCI#.

Make sure to send with tracking# so that you can track when it gets delivered.

Yes link your application to know when you GU.

ECOPR means you have have already landed and you do not need to go the border etc. that was before Covid19 now everything is changed.

Not sure of the TRV call center can update you and normally TRV are linked with study permit or Work Permit. If it is just TRV then I presume you are good but still confirm Call center agent

Current processing time is 133 days. they are processing April and May 2021 PR card. So may be your wait time is 4 Months unless they increase the speed. Just to get an IDEA you can see the details in my signature.

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
yes, I'm still waiting.
COPR march 19, sent photos a couple days later, and they were received a couple days after that. Had no issues linking the application.

there was no movement at all until a GU on august 30th. I got overexcited and thought I'd have another GU a week later and approval like other people were seeing. But I got nothing since then.
i just got the email saying there's an update on my account, and got the approval and mailed confirmation. I didn't get a second GU, just the final email.

Reactions: Siva.

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
i just got the email saying there's an update on my account, and got the approval and mailed confirmation. I didn't get a second GU, just the final email.
I got it too today but my approval was yesterday when I checked online.

Let us know when you get the card

CatB

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
COPR - March 30th, 2021
Sent Photos to Etobicoke - April 22nd, 2021

Been 5 months so far, no PR card yet. Can't even call IRCC now. Called them previously, they just told me to wait. Anyone else in same boat? I don't even know what they're doing? Should I send my pictures again?
sent mine april 7 and nothing

bside229

Sep 10, 2021
Ok update guys

eCOPR May 30th via Portal
I registered my PR card application in the system a few days later
No emails / GU / updates since then
Today I logged into my CIC account and saw "Application Updated" under my PR card
Pressed it and it said "We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive."
Photo on the PR portal still showing as "In Review"
I'll update when card arrives

Reactions: remzes and chakrat

alka2378

Jul 8, 2019
Depending If you are in Canada and have received the email from etobicoke office - COPR - Then just send the pictures to them. Instructions are mentioned on the letter. You do not need to send the passport. Just the document and photo. Photo back should have some info like store name/address and your name/DOB and UCI#.

Make sure to send with tracking# so that you can track when it gets delivered.

Yes link your application to know when you GU.

ECOPR means you have have already landed and you do not need to go the border etc. that was before Covid19 now everything is changed.

Not sure of the TRV call center can update you and normally TRV are linked with study permit or Work Permit. If it is just TRV then I presume you are good but still confirm Call center agent

Current processing time is 133 days. they are processing April and May 2021 PR card. So may be your wait time is 4 Months unless they increase the speed. Just to get an IDEA you can see the details in my signature.
Thank you, but we were asked to upload the photo on the PR confirmation portal. Hence nothing has been sent to them (ET office).
I will check on the TRV.
Thanks again.
Regards,
Alka

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
Thank you, but we were asked to upload the photo on the PR confirmation portal. Hence nothing has been sent to them (ET office).
I will check on the TRV.
Thanks again.
Regards,
Alka
If you uploaded to the portal. Then you are likely to get your PR card early compared to shipping photos.

Raj2210

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Received an email back from Etobicoke IRCC today, I emailed them asking when I could expect my PR card as I needed it for travel. They just sent back a generic message saying

"At this time, IRCC has currently reduced operational capacity due to exceptional measures to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
As a result, there will be significant delays in processing the high inventory of first time PR card applications.
We are unable to provide an approximate timeline of the production and distribution of the cards. "

They went on to mention how I could use my COPR document as proof of PR for government benefits etc (But not for travel which I what I was asking about)

My question is why is Etobicoke the ONLY office having these issues? COVID has been around for almost 2 years now this is no longer an acceptable excuse. Why are other offices getting the cards produced within weeks, and why is the work not being distributed?
Hey can u plz tell to which email do you send the email ? I am still waiting for an update from june 25

chicopitoco

Sep 24, 2021
Finally received my cards today!

CoPR: April 09th
Pictures delivered to Etobicoke Office: April 22th
Cards mailed: September 16th (I was told via email from Etobicoke)
Cards received: September 28th

Odd things about my case:
- My application is still in "Submitted" status in the website.
- In the webiste, "Date Received" is "August 5, 2021" (what doesn't match with photos delivered date)

DeepImm786

Sep 28, 2021
Hello! All
Hope You all are having nice day.

I have my PR application in process. In My PR application I have my spouse as outland dependent applicant. AND My time line is as follows.

AOR : 18 JUN 2021

Dependent completed Biometrics on 17 Aug 2021, Medical completed on 01 SEPT 2021.
Dependent Medical approved 07 SEPT 2021

Portal Email for Details : 18 SEPT 2021 Replied Same day
Credential for Primary Applicant : 18 SEPT 2021
Photo and Address submitted : 18 SEPT 2021

Portal Email for Details Again : 20 SEPT 2021 Replied Same day
Waiting for eCoPR
Waiting for PR card.

Visa Office : Etobicoke

There is no updates for dependent applicant for passport request from Sept 18 2021.

Is there anyone who can help with my case?

thepharmaguy

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Photo delivery date March 31st...Although we send all the photos together; I only received PR card for my son yesterday but I and my wife are still waiting for our PR cards..my son's application was not tagged to IRCC account hence no updates there...anyone else in similar situation??