+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

lunaneiko

Dec 8, 2020
Wow! It was "fast" for a photo delivered on April 13. Mine was delivered on April 6 and no news, so far... No GU, no emails... I hope they are really going faster, because I have a trip scheduled for Oct 2. Congratulations!
I have the same photo deliver date and fail to connect the PR card application to my account. So, no GU, no email notification. I am really in a blind situation. Hopefully we can get good news soon.

Reactions: CatB
Jul 23, 2020
HI all,

I need your advise regarding my application. My photos were delivered on April 7th and since there I havent gotten any update.

I didnt receive any application no. of acknowledgement email from IRCC about the PR card processing. Did anyone get an email from their photos were delivered?

I have been trying to link my application but no access as it always says no application found. Anyone else in the same boat?

I called them and they said all the resources are allocated to Afghanistan situation. I understand why but allocating ALL resources would be poor management decision leaving the existing applications in dark.

Anybody else in the same situation?

lunaneiko

Dec 8, 2020
HI all,

I need your advise regarding my application. My photos were delivered on April 7th and since there I havent gotten any update.

I didnt receive any application no. of acknowledgement email from IRCC about the PR card processing. Did anyone get an email from their photos were delivered?

I have been trying to link my application but no access as it always says no application found. Anyone else in the same boat?

I called them and they said all the resources are allocated to Afghanistan situation. I understand why but allocating ALL resources would be poor management decision leaving the existing applications in dark.

Me

CatB

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
HI all,

I have the same timeline, more or less. I didn’t get no email saying photos were delivered and I don’t think anyone does.. what you can do is track with canada post to see if they got there, but if you didn’t have a tracking number, you just gotta hope it did..

I also cannot link my application but in my case it’s because I have a representative.
Im hoping I’ll get my card next week but it’s just a game of luck out here

Mahi23

Feb 17, 2021
Today PR card approved and emailed for my self and daughter. No updates yet on Wife’s application.
Yesterday received PR card for my daughter.. I still did not receive the card. They mailed both the cards at same time but not sure why my card did not come yet. My daughter’s PR card was processed in Sydney office. Still no updates on my spouse PR card application.

kaursukz

Aug 28, 2021
hi, I am new to this thread.
I linked my application. When i signed in for very first time it said pending registration but signing in second time it showed as submitted.
should i consider it GU? nd what it mean by pending registration.

shub2020

Sep 10, 2020
hi, I am new to this thread.
I linked my application. When i signed in for very first time it said pending registration but signing in second time it showed as submitted.
should i consider it GU? nd what it mean by pending registration.
This is expected, its not a GU

shub2020

Sep 10, 2020
HI all,

I was in the same situation and raised a webform specifically asking the question if my photos has been received and i got that acknowledgment in response. You can also try the same.

Reactions: sunnykalotra121

lej7465

Apr 7, 2020
Hi, please advise if anyone is on the same boat here.

CoPR on May 14 and photos mailed on May 17 for both primary and spouse in one envelope.
After photos mailed, we received the portal link so photos uploaded for both.
The primary applicant received a PR card early July with the photo uploaded to portal but the spouse’ card is still no ghost update. What happened to the spouse pr card?

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
Finally the journey of Permanent Residence comes to an end today after the receipt of my PR card.

My timeline is as below:
  • 24 March 2021 - Received CoPR via email attachment. 1 Year validity.
  • 25 March 2021 - Mailed pictures for PR
  • 26 March 2021 - Pictures delivered to Etobicoke IRCC
  • 19 August 2021 - GU1 (No email notification though)
  • 26 August 2021 - GU2 (No email notification though) - “We mailed your permanent resident card to you”
  • 27 August 2021 - Email notification of account update. Probably for GU2.
  • 31 August 2021 - Received PR Cards in mailbox
Forums on this website have been very helpful. It was my source for latest information, guidance and motivation.

I hope all of you receive your cards soon.

I will see you guys in couple of years in the citizen forum.

• Love
Reactions: CatB

Mikey g

May 20, 2021
Hi am alway here but didn't say much
Copr July 6, 2021
Pr card approved and mailed Aug 28 2021
Pr card in the mailed Aug 30,2021 wish you guys all the best as my long journey comes to on end

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: CatB and Gypsy_Q

toronto849

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
how did you come to know Canada post lost it did you sent it with registered post?
I used speedpost. From brampton it only takes 1 day. But they didn't deliver it in 1 week. I waited for 1 week becoz at that time canadapost distribution center was closed due to covid. Then i called them, they said we need another week then have to see whats next step. So i sent another photo to ircc.