+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

Vessela

Jan 17, 2019
Hi guys,

Looks like my journey finally came to an end.
My timeline is as follows:
COPR received in email: March 23
Photo delivered to Etobicoke: March 25
GU1: August 16
Application approved and card mailed: August 24
Card in mailbox: August 27

I do not have words, I am literally crying. It was so hard for us. I came to Canada in 2018 on work permit. I came through so many things since then. My dependents were refused 2 times to get open WP and just to visit me. Then I applied for province nomination and received it. It turned out that processing time for paper based PNP application was too long, so I applied to PNP paper stream and then decided to go with EE CEC after one full year in Canada. My first CEC file was refused because of stupid error, then covid came and I applied for CEC second time. Then I applied for WP extension and visitor visa. Both were approved with huge delays due to covid. There were a couple of weeks when I was in implied status with unknown future and after 3 refusals. Actually my second CEC file never came to an end. March 2020 CEC applicants know how hard it was. After 17 months of processing my second CEC application was withdrawn (just a couple weeks ago), as I became permanent resident in March 2021. Just withrawal of application took about 4 months. Finally I got my family in Canada. It was almost 3 years without them, it was so hard. Now I am back to normal.

I wish everybody good luck! This forum has been very helpful in difficult times of waiting.
Do not deal with immigration consultants! They leaded me to troubles. Rely on yourself, do everything yourself!
Man, I understand you very well! Our journey took more than 4 years, two of them in Canada, lots of nerves and uncertainty.
You deserve your PR and I wish you and your family all the best! May the success and happiness be with you! See you in the citizenship forum in two years ☺

• Love
Reactions: Ilya127 and CatB

CatB

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Hi guys,

Looks like my journey finally came to an end.
My timeline is as follows:
COPR received in email: March 23
Photo delivered to Etobicoke: March 25
GU1: August 16
Application approved and card mailed: August 24
Card in mailbox: August 27

I do not have words, I am literally crying. It was so hard for us. I came to Canada in 2018 on work permit. I came through so many things since then. My dependents were refused 2 times to get open WP and just to visit me. Then I applied for province nomination and received it. It turned out that processing time for paper based PNP application was too long, so I applied to PNP paper stream and then decided to go with EE CEC after one full year in Canada. My first CEC file was refused because of stupid error, then covid came and I applied for CEC second time. Then I applied for WP extension and visitor visa. Both were approved with huge delays due to covid. There were a couple of weeks when I was in implied status with unknown future and after 3 refusals. Actually my second CEC file never came to an end. March 2020 CEC applicants know how hard it was. After 17 months of processing my second CEC application was withdrawn (just a couple weeks ago), as I became permanent resident in March 2021. Just withrawal of application took about 4 months. Finally I got my family in Canada. It was almost 3 years without them, it was so hard. Now I am back to normal.

I wish everybody good luck! This forum has been very helpful in difficult times of waiting.
Do not deal with immigration consultants! They leaded me to troubles. Rely on yourself, do everything yourself!
Congratulations! You went through a lot, now it’s time to enjoy your family in peace. I wish you all the best! I’m very happy for you.

ehjan

Sep 30, 2018
Copr: 5 mar
Photos sent with no tracking: Mar 20
No updates yet :(
Calls didn't help as I don't have tracking number and currently Afghanistan situation.

blueinkredink

Aug 19, 2021
We are 2 applicants
Photos Delivered- March 26 2021
GU for both - August 19 2021
GU2 for spouse - August 26 2021 (PR card mailed)
But nothing for me. Anyone in similar situation?

ShanikaR

Mar 6, 2021
We are 2 applicants
Photos Delivered- March 26 2021
GU for both - August 19 2021
GU2 for spouse - August 26 2021 (PR card mailed)
But nothing for me. Anyone in similar situation?
yes I have the same situation. we are two applicants and photos delivered on 6th of April, to Etobicoke. We both got the GU on 19th August and my card approved on 24th , but my husband's statues did not change yet. waiting and hopefully this week we all will get a response.

blueinkredink

Aug 19, 2021
yes I have the same situation. we are two applicants and photos delivered on 6th of April, to Etobicoke. We both got the GU on 19th August and my card approved on 24th , but my husband's statues did not change yet. waiting and hopefully this week we all will get a response.
Thanks for the response… Hopefully this week…

sarbpreet

May 16, 2021
Hello Folks, I really need your suggestions.
I got ECOPR on 19 July and on the new PR portal its showing my mailing address approved but the photo is still in review on there but on my GC key account its still showing submitted with last update of medical approval. Now on August 13 when I called Ircc they said the PR card is production, I haven't received any GU yet, is it possible I can receive pr card in the mail without getting any change on my GC account?

mars26

Apr 20, 2020
Hello Folks, I really need your suggestions.
I got ECOPR on 19 July and on the new PR portal its showing my mailing address approved but the photo is still in review on there but on my GC key account its still showing submitted with last update of medical approval. Now on August 13 when I called Ircc they said the PR card is production, I haven't received any GU yet, is it possible I can receive pr card in the mail without getting any change on my GC account?
Hello! Can you share the link of the portal to check the status of the application? I’ve been checking it on the GC key account but there’s always showing the same.
thanks!

kaursukz

Aug 28, 2021
Hi, yesterday i linked my pr card application to my account. when i first signed in my account my status was showing as pending registration. But, when I signed in second time it showed as submitted. What does this mean? Is it GU?

Tamiou

Feb 5, 2021
Hello Guys, I received COPR through Portal from Etobicoke Office yesterday. Yesterday my cic account was updated and today my ecas shows complete. My question : Was it the same for everyone who is waiting for PR Card? My photo is still in review, my adress accepted by IRCC through Portal.