+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

ShanikaR

Mar 6, 2021
You r right. I submitted on April 12. Then I submitted urgent request based on my grandama 's demice 8 weeks back . No one considers. I came and cried here, then i sent an email on Aug 9 mentioning the same to etobicoke landings email id. They replied with usual messageing like they are processing March aplicants. THen evening i got reply to send the tracking number via email or sent photos reply via email. I sent photos via email. Then got GU1 later like 6pm. After that i called yesterday and came to know that last stage in production. No update so far. I reschduled flight 3 times .
Could you please send me the email address you use? I have an emergency situation too. Please help

CatB

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
You r right. I submitted on April 12. Then I submitted urgent request based on my grandama 's demice 8 weeks back . No one considers. I came and cried here, then i sent an email on Aug 9 mentioning the same to etobicoke landings email id. They replied with usual messageing like they are processing March aplicants. THen evening i got reply to send the tracking number via email or sent photos reply via email. I sent photos via email. Then got GU1 later like 6pm. After that i called yesterday and came to know that last stage in production. No update so far. I reschduled flight 3 times .
I guess someone had empathy.. I'm glad! Hopefully you'll get the card soon. Please keep us updated

LeoLeoLeo

Star Member
Dec 10, 2020
Very true. Me too same boat. I am in this journey 1 year 2 months. No pR card til now. My friends who applied after that got PR card, visited home country and returned as well . We are still waiting. 135 days as of now for my PR card. I cpuld not travel for grandma's demice. Could not do anything. very frustarting. I wish they can issue PR card similar to OHIP card.
Oh I am so sorry. I am totally on the same page. This is totally joke. Why we could not get the portal link with COPR...this is INSANE!

anusanker12

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
I sent email to same email id in last week , so far no reply .. my photos delivered on 26th March. Yesterday spoke with agent and he gave general reply saying they are processing the application.
They dont reply mostly. I mailed many times with death certificate of my grandma, ari ticket etc. I dont know on AUg 9, i got reply .

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
I sent email to same email id in last week , so far no reply .. my photos delivered on 26th March. Yesterday spoke with agent and he gave general reply saying they are processing the application.
My photos were delivered on 26th March as well. I have just spoken to the IRCC agent and she could only tell me that my application is under processing and my pictures are under review. o_O

Reactions: Mahi23 and Ilya127

Bhull11b

Star Member
May 30, 2021
finally the Canadian dream came true.......
AOR: 7 APR 2021
E-COPR: 15-jul-2021 Etobicoke office
PR card received: 9-aug-2021

hope everyone gets it soon. see you guys next time in citizenship forum......
Did you get any update while pr card application was processing?

dactoan.nguyen

Dec 5, 2018
Just received respond from Etobicoke office:
"Please note, once you have been granted Permanent Resident Status, your COPR document does not expire.
The COPR document is not valid for travel.

At this time, IRCC has currently reduced operational capacity due to exceptional measures to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
As a result, there will be significant delays in processing the high inventory of first time PR card applications.
Applications received in March 2021 are now in process.
We are unable to provide an approximate timeline of the production and distribution of the cards."

your COPR document does not expire => Is it true? Mine says it is valid for one year since COPR date.

Ilya127

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Toronto
Just received respond from Etobicoke office:
"Please note, once you have been granted Permanent Resident Status, your COPR document does not expire.
The COPR document is not valid for travel.

At this time, IRCC has currently reduced operational capacity due to exceptional measures to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
As a result, there will be significant delays in processing the high inventory of first time PR card applications.
Applications received in March 2021 are now in process.
We are unable to provide an approximate timeline of the production and distribution of the cards."

your COPR document does not expire => Is it true?
It is written in COPR letter itself that you can use it for 1 year. After 1 year, you must have a plastic PR card.