+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

Umak2006

Dec 30, 2020
May be try to link your application online. or call ircc and agent will help to link application online. I sent my package together with family . That doesnt matter i guess. I think you and family will get updates in diferent time may be.
Thanks for responding. I'll call them to see if they can help me to link my application online.

Reactions: anusanker12

CatB

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
I called today and agent said last stage in production - That means am i get it this week? I am worried as i m flying on Monday due to emergency.
omg you sent your pictures April 12? same as me.. but no news on my side.. I had a flight for the 24 this month and just rescheduled it cause I thought i wouldn’t get the card until middle of September

Ilya127

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Toronto
Does linking the PR card application also applies to people who have applied for PR card for the first time? Thanks
Yes! This thread is all about getting first card. However linking your application is not mandatory and does not bring much value. If you mailed your photo to Etobicoke you can just wait. If you have your application linked, you will be informed that they do something on your card (like seeing GUs and seeing that application has been approved).

Reactions: Annie Chen

LeoLeoLeo

Star Member
Dec 10, 2020
I had to send my photo by letter on MARCH 20th. Still no updates. I called them 2weeks ago, they don't even know whether they have received it or not.

this is totally unfair.
Many people received a portal link with copr. Those people have received card within a month.

i received the invitation in May 2020 and submitted on June, copr was in March 2021 but I haven’t received the card yet.

On the other hand, my friend got the invitation when the score dropped 75. And COPR was issued within 3 months without background check, then now she has already received the pr card 2 weeks ago. It took less than 30days since issued COPR. I am so frustrated.

anusanker12

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
omg you sent your pictures April 12? same as me.. but no news on my side.. I had a flight for the 24 this month and just rescheduled it cause I thought i wouldn’t get the card until middle of September
You r right. I submitted on April 12. Then I submitted urgent request based on my grandama 's demice 8 weeks back . No one considers. I came and cried here, then i sent an email on Aug 9 mentioning the same to etobicoke landings email id. They replied with usual messageing like they are processing March aplicants. THen evening i got reply to send the tracking number via email or sent photos reply via email. I sent photos via email. Then got GU1 later like 6pm. After that i called yesterday and came to know that last stage in production. No update so far. I reschduled flight 3 times .

Reactions: CatB

anusanker12

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
I had to send my photo by letter on MARCH 20th. Still no updates. I called them 2weeks ago, they don't even know whether they have received it or not.

this is totally unfair.
Many people received a portal link with copr. Those people have received card within a month.

i received the invitation in May 2020 and submitted on June, copr was in March 2021 but I haven’t received the card yet.

On the other hand, my friend got the invitation when the score dropped 75. And COPR was issued within 3 months without background check, then now she has already received the pr card 2 weeks ago. It took less than 30days since issued COPR. I am so frustrated.

Very true. Me too same boat. I am in this journey 1 year 2 months. No pR card til now. My friends who applied after that got PR card, visited home country and returned as well . We are still waiting. 135 days as of now for my PR card. I cpuld not travel for grandma's demice. Could not do anything. very frustarting. I wish they can issue PR card similar to OHIP card.