+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

Aaishah

May 26, 2021
It was a lucky Thursday for January applicants.

I did not get any ghost update. After reading the posts here i raised a webform that why I am not getting the updates when other January applicants are getting and my photos will expire in a month's time - please update me regarding my PR card.

In next 37 hours, I saw approval on gckey Alhamdulilah. It has been approved and mailed.

COPR: 7th January
Photos delivered: 13th January or a day earlier.

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Copr 18 Jan
Photos delivered 19 jan
GU1 may 20
GU2 may 26
GU3 may 27( Approved and Mailed):):):);):):)
Finally a Bonanza for Jan

All the best for Late Jan and Feb people:)
Congratulations!!!

Glad to see the number of approvals in a single day. Looks like IRCC is ramping up the processing speed.

Best wishes to the applicants for speedy approvals!

Gary010101

Apr 5, 2021
Copr 18 jan
Photos received 24 jan
Linked application to online account march 13
No update yet.
Does linking application to the account have any impact on timeline.

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Copr 18 jan
Photos received 24 jan
Linked application to online account march 13
No update yet.
Does linking application to the account have any impact on timeline.
There is no impact of linking application to online account.

From other updates it appears that they are processing Jan 22nd submission. May be you will get updates soon.

Reactions: Silver Star

neiljosh

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
There is no impact of linking application to online account.

From other updates it appears that they are processing Jan 22nd submission. May be you will get updates soon.
I has sent my application on Jan 22nd through Canada post and it reached on Feb 2nd (expedited delivery). This was due to COVID outbreak at Mississauga sorting facility.

Not sure if there are many others in between Jan 22nd to Feb 2nd delivery date. Hope they get to my application also fast !!

Last edited:

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
I has sent my application on Jan 22nd through Canada post and it reached on Feb 2nd (expedited delivery). This was due to COVID outbreak at Mississauga sorting facility.

Not sure if there are many others in between Jan 22nd to Feb 2nd delivery date. Hope they get to mine application also fast !!
Similar issue here.

Reactions: shashi_b

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Hey, I am a bit confused that what does GU mean. Could anyone help me explain it? Thank you so much.
It is a tech jargon from IRCC which means Ghost update.

Whenever you login to the CIC portal and find that any of your application shows the following status " Application/profile updated" then it means there was a GU i.e. some IRCC staff has touched your application at the back-end

aaryas

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Most of us(Indian) have City name(without state) mentioned, if our passports were issued earlier than 2014.

In case of my daughter and wife their passport have City, State so it was not an issue. However, I faced the same issue then, I came to know that IRCC agents update the Birth place to include State name as well.

It was mentioned under notes section of GCMS notes something like below :
Name on application changed : Old Values(s) Name, Last name, first name, DOB, City of birth
New Values(s) Last name, First name DOB City of birth, State name
I am able to link mine and my daughter's application. However, unable to link my wife's application.
Can I link my wife's application to my CIC account? also, Can I call IRCC for wife's application status, if I can provide security details?

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
I am able to link mine and my daughter's application. However, unable to link my wife's application.
Can I link my wife's application to my CIC account? also, Can I call IRCC for wife's application status, if I can provide security details?
Surely, You can link your wife's application to your CIC account.

You can also call for your wife's application status, but at first agent would ask to speak to her for authorization on the call. This is as per my personal experience.

Reactions: aaryas