+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

Sam_19

Feb 2, 2021
What does the letter says?
This confirms that your application has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2021/01/12 . Please quote the reference numbers above when referring to this application.
When should I contact IRCC?
You must notify IRCC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes can include:
• an appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• the decision to withdraw your application
• a change of contact information: telephone number, mailing address, email
• you found your PR card that was lost
Please visit the following page to contact us: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp. Changes to your address should be made through our online service at https://www.canada.ca/en/
immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/change-address.html.
How do I check the status of my application?
You may use your unique client identifier (UCI) or the application number located on this correspondence to check the status of your application on the IRCC website. Please visit the following page: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/ check-status.html.
How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times by visiting the IRCC website at
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp.
Please be aware that answering emails takes time away from processing applications. For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
This confirms that your application has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2021/01/12 . Please quote the reference numbers above when referring to this application.
When should I contact IRCC?
You must notify IRCC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes can include:
• an appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• the decision to withdraw your application
• a change of contact information: telephone number, mailing address, email
• you found your PR card that was lost
Please visit the following page to contact us: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp. Changes to your address should be made through our online service at https://www.canada.ca/en/
immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/change-address.html.
How do I check the status of my application?
You may use your unique client identifier (UCI) or the application number located on this correspondence to check the status of your application on the IRCC website. Please visit the following page: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/ check-status.html.
How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times by visiting the IRCC website at
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp.
Please be aware that answering emails takes time away from processing applications. For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
This is something new, no one shared so far.

Reactions: rydeone

aaryas

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Yes, I am unsure about the impact of enquiry from MP office.

However, I learnt one thing that they have some different channel for enquiry from parliament and senators and they respond very quickly to those threads.
Glad you got some good news at least. But I have a question about your case. Should we believe the system here in this country is working or not working? ..:).

SUKHUGILL

Jun 23, 2020
I didn’t receive any GU or any update in account. I received webform reply.

This message is to inform you that we have received your request for the processing of your Permanent Resident Card (PR card).

We can confirm that your card has already been approved and sent for production.

Rest assured that we will make all the necessary efforts to deliver your card as quickly as possible.

SUKHUGILL

Jun 23, 2020
I didn’t receive any GU or any update in account. I received webform reply.

This message is to inform you that we have received your request for the processing of your Permanent Resident Card (PR card).

We can confirm that your card has already been approved and sent for production.

Rest assured that we will make all the necessary efforts to deliver your card as quickly as possible.
Copr- 7 Jan
Please advise

Hamsi

Mar 8, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
my status:
CEC Inland-Etobicoke
COPR 12 Jan 2021
photos recd: 15 Jan 2021
first GU: 21 May 2021

friends, how many GU's will be there for PR card application and whats the average time between each GU, please?
also how many days its taking for getting the card via mail after approval?
anybody got asked for new photos instead of the ones already sent via mail?

your replies will help ease my anxiety. i am waiting to go to india to reunite with my 3 year old daughter.

SandeepCanada

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Looking into all comments from our friends it looks like every one from December group received their PR card...Now they are processing for Jan 2021 COPR / photo received. When Feb 2021 COPR turn will come.

Reactions: Silver Star

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
my status:
CEC Inland-Etobicoke
COPR 12 Jan 2021

friends, how many GU's will be there for PR card application and whats the average time between each GU, please?

your replies will help ease my anxiety. i am waiting to go to india to reunite with my 3 year old daughter.
Usually it takes 1-2 week to receive PR in mail after approval. Hopefully you should be able to travel when they start commercial flight operations again on June 22nd.

An indicative timeline is like this :

GU1(Approved and sent for production) -> 1 week -> GU2(Printed and mailed, now its shows as approved in the portal)--> 1 week to arrive by mail from Sydney office.

Reactions: Fadros and Hamsi

Silver Star

Apr 16, 2021
my status:
CEC Inland-Etobicoke
COPR 12 Jan 2021

about 2-2,5 weeks

Reactions: shashi_b

aaryas

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
It's been 20 days since COPR and photos delivered to the Etobicoke office. I am still unable to link my PR card application online. I tried every possible combination with accurate information to link the application.
Any idea usually how long it will take to link the application? As the next step, I will have to call the IRCC agent.

Silver Star

Apr 16, 2021
It's been 20 days since COPR and photos delivered to the Etobicoke office. I am still unable to link my PR card application online. I tried every possible combination with accurate information to link the application.
Any idea usually how long it will take to link the application? As the next step, I will have to call the IRCC agent.
call them. You never know whats on your file. For me the was no space between commas

Reactions: shashi_b and aaryas