+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

Ilya127

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Toronto
Hi everyone!
email says: "Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. You do not need to sign the letter nor the photo."
does it mean the previous requirement:
"
The back of one photo must include:
  • the subject’s name and date of birth
  • the name and complete address of the photography studio
  • the date the photograph was taken
The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.

" is waived?
I think it is not waived. I had photographer stamp and date on my picture and also included there my UCI and name. I think it should be fine.

rami3332

Jun 15, 2020
I have sent our photos on March 2th, and today ( April 20) i can not link the application to my CIC. it says you " Based on the information you entered, we found no applications. "
Is that ok? or it means the photos are lost? or they make it online once they actually use the photos and currently they are in the storage room?

Ilya127

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Toronto
I have sent our photos on March 2th, and today ( April 20) i can not link the application to my CIC. it says you " Based on the information you entered, we found no applications. "
Is that ok? or it means the photos are lost? or they make it online once they actually use the photos and currently they are in the storage room?
This was discussed many time before in this thread. Linkage of application does not correlate with photo. It is even possible to do before you send out your photo. The most likely that problem is in right spelling of your place of birth. Many people have difficulties with that. Some people here were successful calling IRCC agent and obtaining PR card application number, that helps to link your application.

stanley81

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
I agree with @Ilya127 - I personally was able to link applications even before receiving copr pdfs in emails lol.
Check that every field you enter is identical of what they have in their system. Country of Birth (COB) is mentioned on your CoPR. City of Birth can be obtained easily if you have GCMS notes on hands. IRCC can change spelling of City\Country you entered in application according to their system. E.g. in my case for US city: they changed town to state.
Call them and get the freshest info.

Silver Star

Apr 16, 2021
This was discussed many time before in this thread. Linkage of application does not correlate with photo. It is even possible to do before you send out your photo. The most likely that problem is in right spelling of your place of birth. Many people have difficulties with that. Some people here were successful calling IRCC agent and obtaining PR card application number, that helps to link your application.
Hi Ilya. Im from Russia as well, have a question about your birthplace. Were you born in USSR or Russia? Did the Immigration department put the same place of birth in your Copr?

Ilya127

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Toronto
Hi Ilya. Im from Russia as well, have a question about your birthplace. Were you born in USSR or Russia? Did the Immigration department put the same place of birth in your Copr?
I still have not resolved this issue. My copr says I was born in Russia, my wife's copr says she was born in USSR, despite she is younger and both our passports indicate USSR. So they mixed up everything. I was born in small city in one republic. Tried to use the name how it is written in my passport and it did not work, also tried how it was in application form and it also did not work. I am about to call them tomorrow and obtain an application number.

Reactions: Silver Star

Silver Star

Apr 16, 2021
I still have not resolved this issue. My copr says I was born in Russia, my wife's copr says she was born in USSR, despite she is younger and both our passports indicate USSR. So they mixed up everything. I was born in small city in one republic. Tried to use the name how it is written in my passport and it did not work, also tried how it was in application form and it also did not work. I am about to call them tomorrow and obtain an application number.
Thanks, please post an update about your situation.
I was born in USSR but IRCC put Russia in my COPR. Called 3 times to IRCC and keep getting different answers. I sent the letter for amendment to the Processing centre on Ottawa, they are verifying my place of birth right now, so Im just waiting.