+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

unnipbvr

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
People are waiting from November for PR Card?
Crap.. my travel plans go out of the window then..

Submitted photos to Etobicoke only mid Feb :(

birwin91

Star Member
Jan 20, 2020
Hi All,

Quick question, how long of a wait have people been experiencing between seeing their PR approved with a document number in the portal and actually receiving COPR/email about next steps to submit a photo?

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
Another Ontario stay at home order will be implemented from today midnight. Hopefully that wouldn't stop the slight progress we've seen the last two weeks.

d13

Jun 9, 2020
Another Ontario stay at home order will be implemented from today midnight. Hopefully that wouldn't stop the slight progress we've seen the last two weeks.
Yeah.hope they work continues.i am tired of this all things.. waiting for 3 months for PR card.no updates.

tinomar

Mar 29, 2021
hi folks, a quick question a little bit OOT here.. since i'm still waiting for my PR card (since Nov 2020, duh!), can I start applying spouse sponsorship for my wife? in the application package, it's said that i need to attach the copy of my PR card.. that's why i'm not sure with this.. thanks in advance for any responses to this question!

PR2020

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Hi All,

Quick question, how long of a wait have people been experiencing between seeing their PR approved with a document number in the portal and actually receiving COPR/email about next steps to submit a photo?
I got my COPR March 29th and just received an email from Etobicoke office for next steps a few moments ago.

Reactions: birwin91

birwin91

Star Member
Jan 20, 2020
I got my COPR March 29th and just received an email from Etobicoke office for next steps a few moments ago.
Hahahaha my COPR was also the 29th of March and I also JUST got my email from Etobicoke!! They must be doing something by date?? Thanks so much for the reply though!! Taking it as a sign to get them done before the province wide shutdown!

For the photos, does it have to be like a Photography Studio who does them, do we know? My local Shoppers does passport photos, and wondering if I can just get it done there once it's right size and specifications? The instructions say the back of one photo must have the "name and complete address of the photography studio", but I wouldn't call Shoppers a photography studio.....what do we think?

Reactions: Ilya127 and PR2020

CEC_Applicant

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
People are waiting from November for PR Card?
Crap.. my travel plans go out of the window then..

Submitted photos to Etobicoke only mid Feb :(
I am also shocked by their tardiness. I haven't received my COPR yet (it's been 8 months of waiting), but I hoped I could go back home in August or September. Even if I get COPR right now, I will not be able to make it :confused:

PR2020

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Hahahaha my COPR was also the 29th of March and I also JUST got my email from Etobicoke!! They must be doing something by date?? Thanks so much for the reply though!! Taking it as a sign to get them done before the province wide shutdown!

For the photos, does it have to be like a Photography Studio who does them, do we know? My local Shoppers does passport photos, and wondering if I can just get it done there once it's right size and specifications? The instructions say the back of one photo must have the "name and complete address of the photography studio", but I wouldn't call Shoppers a photography studio.....what do we think?
Hahah very nice! Was worried they would take forever to email us.

Also, I think shoppers is just fine tbh. As far as they follow the specifications.

I believe they specified ‘Photography studio’ because they don’t want people taking photos on their iPhone or even asking their random friend/family who happens to be a free lance photographer to take the photos lol.

So any officially recognized photography business (shoppers, Costco, Walmart etc) will be just fine. Heading to Walmart today incase they shut everything down with the stay home order in horizon.

Reactions: birwin91

birwin91

Star Member
Jan 20, 2020
Hahah very nice! Was worried they would take forever to email us.

Also, I think shoppers is just fine tbh. As far as they follow the specifications.

I believe they specified ‘Photography studio’ because they don’t want people taking photos on their iPhone or even asking their random friend/family who happens to be a free lance photographer to take the photos lol.

So any officially recognized photography business (shoppers, Costco, Walmart etc) will be just fine. Heading to Walmart today incase they shut everything down with the stay home order in horizon.
Yeah honestly I was the exact same, I was worried they would take so long to send the email out! I know we still have so long to wait to actually GET the cards, but I feel better that at least the official letter confirming PR has actually been sent out!!

I think I'm going to do the same, get the photos done today and off and posted ASAP, especially when I heard about the shutdown! Thanks for the feedback about Shoppers, makes me feel much better! With everything happening with these PR delays, thought it was better to just reach out and check! So thanks for the positive reply!! :)

Reactions: PR2020

veesharma93

Feb 11, 2021
Hi,

I mailed my copr with photos on 6 April, 2021.

Does anybody knows how to track the progress of card processing?

danir

Dec 9, 2020
Hi, Guys so I saw there is no forum to track it. so I have created a Google Form.
it doesn't collect personal information '

Name/nickname.
date when the photo was received.
and if it has been approved.

I have added myself and 2 more that was delivered in Nov 2020

Link to forum
https://forms.gle/D9ZqVuxRoubed23m6

The excel sheet to view
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ih2CCYy5aPWTLnCOpjgvLNqkOW2_z00tuQygmoAgEaA/edit?usp=sharing

hopefully, we will have enough information to get a meaningful insight into the office.

Reactions: Faru123 and tinomar

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
I'm next in line and, sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if I don't see any progress till the end of the new lockdown. :confused:

• Sad
Reactions: Fadros