+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

PR2020

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Hi
I received CoPR document in email and they asked me to mail photos to etobicoke office, does this mean that I will have to wait for 4 plus months to get my PR card ?
Hi! If you don't me asking, what was the time frame between when you received your COPR on your CIC portal and when you received the actual COPR email/document?

I got my COPR on March 29th, but still waiting for the COPR document. My document is set to expire April 29th, so just wanted to have an idea. Thanks in advance.

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Hi! If you don't me asking, what was the time frame between when you received your COPR on your CIC portal and when you received the actual COPR email/document?

I got my COPR on March 29th, but still waiting for the COPR document. My document is set to expire April 29th, so just wanted to have an idea. Thanks in advance.
Please wait for CoPR document in email or CIC portal.

Like most of ours CoPR's, Your CoPR will also have the following line :

"You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period."

If you have the above mentioned in the CoPR then it is valid for 1 year from the of issue, irrespective of the expiry date shown on the CIC portal.

Currently,CIC portal works by old system where the applicant had to do the landing before expiry of their medical test.

I hope this clarifies.

Cannnada

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019

I received my CoPR document in email in weeks time. after the confirmation in portal.

Reactions: PR2020

Sri256706

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
I have a question. I submitted the photos on march 25th. unfortunately i have to vacate the apartment i am staying by June end.
Based on the timelines, I feel , I may not get the PR card before June end. Hence is there any option to change the address or mail forwarding.
You can call IRCC and update your address and it will be delivered to your new address.

thepharmaguy

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
My photos were delivered on Mar 30th...it seems this will be a long wait :(
quick question..my understanding is that we can switch employers only after receiving our permanent SIN..there is no need to wait for PR card..could you please confirm this..

Monkey D. Luffy

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
My photos were delivered on Mar 30th...it seems this will be a long wait :(
quick question..my understanding is that we can switch employers only after receiving our permanent SIN..there is no need to wait for PR card..could you please confirm this..
you don't need PR card for permanent SIN, eCOPR is enough!

Sadia95

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Finally Etobicoke office started working on full swimg! Got my cards today finallly!! Thanks all of the group members! My journey ends here ... good luck everyone!!! You will receive yours very sooon!
Copr : 27 october, 2020
Photos sent to etobicoke office : 3rd nov
Cards approved and sent : 29 March
Got cards in hand : 6th April ,2021!