+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
My Friend, you still have faith on their processing calculator? Lol
I don’t trust these numbers.
seems fairly accurate. Also, the calculators have never guaranteed that 100% will be done, even before the pandemic. it’s always been “estimated 80%”. Those are the key words.

$$harsh$$

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
seems fairly accurate. Also, the calculators have never guaranteed that 100% will be done, even before the pandemic. it’s always been “estimated 80%”. Those are the key words.
I know right! That’s an “average” processing time.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
I know right! That’s an “average” processing time.
Exactly.
My PR application took 6 months and 3 weeks, in a pandemic, and far from a straight forward application. I’m not the slightest bit disappointed that it went over the estimated 6 months at all. I’m happy I got it and in no rush getting my Pr card. I have no travel plans at all.

Reactions: Monkey D. Luffy

student777

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Exactly.
My PR application took 6 months and 3 weeks, in a pandemic, and far from a straight forward application. I’m not the slightest bit disappointed that it went over the estimated 6 months at all. I’m happy I got it and in no rush getting my Pr card. I have no travel plans at all.
Omg, please we all know you are positive. Calculator isn’t accurate at all as per IRCC agents. We all are happy for you.

Reactions: Fadros

jackychang

Sep 11, 2019
From Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Still waiting: 138 days .Or 4 months, 18 days

Anyone whom applying after Nov 4 got your PR cards?

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
Exactly.
Usually I scroll down when I see irrelevant posts, however I have to admit it man, you are SPECIAL.
You have said over and over again: You're happy ( great, although it's off topic, but it's ok), BUT you keep repeating that you're in NO RUSH and has NO TRAVEL PLANS. I saw this over 10 times the last couple of weeks. Could you be kind enough to answer my my friendly question:

1. How this is relevant here? it's your personal life bro. Obviously people are here for a reason, and the reason is that they want their cards, to travel or just put it in their wallet, whatever personal reasons they have, why you keep repeating this mate? are you teasing your fellow members here or something? :D:D:D:D

What you doing here ( repeatedly ) is the same like you getting dressed , drive to an office, meet an interviewer for a job, just to tell him you're not interested :eek:

plus, if you are in no rush, why you're here? daily. Read the topic's name: PR Cards Timeline. The weird thing is that you dis people who want to go home saying that you're glad to be here and that you achieved your dream. I am personally happy for you, but what people got to do with this?

What you are trying to prove to the world ?

I promise you I won't interact with you again, for life is short and we are all busy, just found your case a bit strange to be honest. I peace out.

Last edited:

askele

Star Member
Feb 10, 2020
Might not be relevant, but recently it took 10 days for Etobicoke office to issue the COPR document to me after getting my application approved on CIC, which shows the amount of backlog they have even for just issuing COPRs. It is a very slow office unfortunately.

Reactions: Nousernamesadface

rami3332

Jun 15, 2020
We sent our photos on March 2. So I should expect them in July. Like some I also have urgent matter back home :((

Kva

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
Can you check the date submitted and date received of the application? Mine are 2 days apart. When you login to your account, where you see all the applications you see date submitted, and when you click on PR card application, at the bottom, you see date received. Im wondering why mine is 2 days apart. Anyone else has this?
Mine is date received on March 4th the day I got my PR approved. Date submitted is March 19th the day I linked the application. I guess date received is what matters here.

• Love

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
We sent our photos on March 2. So I should expect them in July. Like some I also have urgent matter back home :((
If it is very urgent then you could look for other option to apply for PRTD.

I have received the following response to my webform query :

"Furthermore, if you are (or plan to be) outside Canada without a valid permanent resident card (PR card) and you need to return to Canada on a commercial vehicle (e.g., plane, train, boat or bus), you may be able to obtain a Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) to travel back to Canada by following the steps below."

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Can you check the date submitted and date received of the application? Mine are 2 days apart. When you login to your account, where you see all the applications you see date submitted, and when you click on PR card application, at the bottom, you see date received. Im wondering why mine is 2 days apart. Anyone else has this?
Mine are 4 days apart and here is my understanding :

Date Submitted : It is showing the date on which I was able to link my PR card application.

Date received : It is showing the date of approval for my PR application, may be while approving the officer has option to create a PR card application.

• Love