+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

Tontonmaru

Oct 7, 2021
Hi! I received eCoPR on January 17th. It is almost 2 months and I am still waiting for my initial PR card. I sent webforms and called IRCC but my application is still in the process. A guy at client support centre said IRCC understood it is beyond processing time so they will work on my card as soon as possible...

Rangi97

Mar 9, 2023
Hi! I received eCoPR on January 17th. It is almost 2 months and I am still waiting for my initial PR card. I sent webforms and called IRCC but my application is still in the process. A guy at client support centre said IRCC understood it is beyond processing time so they will work on my card as soon as possible...
Same ecopr date. No update on my file since 18 jan. Let me know if u get any update.

Tontonmaru

Oct 7, 2021
Same ecopr date. No update on my file since 18 jan. Let me know if u get any update.
This is so frustrating... I start thinking of contacting local MP if there is no update this week.

I am planning to go back to my country this June so I have to have the card before I leave. I asked IRCC whether I am eligible to send an urgent request and they said first PR cards are already considered urgent so there is no urgent procedure for new PRs.

prsoonest

Jan 27, 2023
eCOPR: Feb 28
GU: Mar 21

Does the GU mean that the card has been approved?
From what I've picked up from this forum, I think it means your photo is approved and your card has been sent for production. The trend I observed was that most people received the final approved & mailed update for the pr card 7-10 days after that first GU. That was my case as well. I received that first GU on the 14th and the approved and mailed today, and many people above in the forum seem to follow a similar pattern

Reactions: Anna828

Jaikisan Vaswani

Dec 12, 2020

When you get the first GU, it means the card is sent for production(this will happen only when it is approved), the status on gc key still shows submitted.

When you get the second GU, the status on gc key also changes to Approved and you see the message - pr cards mailed.

The next day you get an email as well, that your application has changes.

Card receipt time is not seen to be consistent, it varies from 2 days to 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: yenice and Anna828

Allan.hom

Mar 9, 2023

What's this PR card approval? We are still in approval or rejection after we get the eCoPR again? Isn't it if we get the eCoPR we are all set and just need to wait to receive the card??

Jaikisan Vaswani

Dec 12, 2020
What's this PR card approval? We are still in approval or rejection after we get the eCoPR again? Isn't it if we get the eCoPR we are all set and just need to wait to receive the card??
Usually they give multiple attempts to re-upload the photos in the portal if the photo is rejected. I am not sure about the No of attempts before they reject the PR card application and a new PR card application has to be raised.

Jax fan

Dec 29, 2022
eCOPR means you are now Permanent resident of Canada.
PR card is required for an individual to travel outside and return back to Canada.
PR card application approval depends on photo upload and should be as per IRCC specifications to be approved.

lbszzz

Mar 22, 2023
Have been ghosting in the forum for months and think i'd better off with my first and last contribution with my timeline:

AOR: Oct 1, 2022
---
Portal 1: Feb 17 (replied the same day)
Portal 2: Feb 18 (replied the same day)
ECOPR: Feb 23
GU: Mar 15
PR Card Approval in GCKey: Mar 22: (We mailed your permanent resident card to you)
VO: Etobicoke

Good luck to everyone.

Sasha909

Feb 23, 2023
Hello everyone!!
I sent my declaration and photo on March 17,2023. Its March 23rd today and I still haven’t received my ecopr yet. Should I wait few more days or should I email them( if yes, can anyone please share the email address ETOBICOKE VO) or contact them? Any suggestions please, thank you in advance :)

Jaikisan Vaswani

Dec 12, 2020
Hello everyone!!
I sent my declaration and photo on March 17,2023. Its March 23rd today and I still haven’t received my ecopr yet. Should I wait few more days or should I email them( if yes, can anyone please share the email address ETOBICOKE VO) or contact them? Any suggestions please, thank you in advance :)
For me it took 12 days, post upload, I suggest waiting for a week more. If it is urgent, you can reach out to them with travel plans on the same email id that you received the credentials from.

Reactions: Sasha909

Chilesanchez

Jun 25, 2021
Hello Everyone,

can you suggest what’s the best way to get Photographs as per IRCC guidelines? We did everything as per instructions but today got a note that photo is of incorrect size and/or facial area too small/big.
Is it better to get it done by a professional or is there a software that you used and it worked?

Ananya9101

Star Member
Mar 13, 2023
Hello Everyone,

can you suggest what’s the best way to get Photographs as per IRCC guidelines? We did everything as per instructions but today got a note that photo is of incorrect size and/or facial area too small/big.
Is it better to get it done by a professional or is there a software that you used and it worked?
Get it done by a professional who are well aware of how crucial it is to get a correct photograph. Tell them that it's for PR process and they will help u through

Reactions: Allan.hom