+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

Temitee002

Jan 26, 2021
Hi everyone! I have finally received the PR card!

Here's my detailed timeline for everyone:
January 21 - CoPR
January 24 - Photo mailed. No idea when the photo was delivered, sent via regular mail. I assume it was delivered on or around February 1st.
March 12 - Application linked to the IRCC account
May 26 - IRCC Web Form submitted
May 31 - Called IRCC, was advised that they can't see any updates on my application.
May 31 - Sent an email to Etobicoke IRCC office directly (no response to date)
June 1 - first GU
June 3 - received a response from IRCC Web Form advising that my photo was approved on June 1 and sent to Nova Scotia
June 3 - second GU
June 5 - received an email that my PR card application was updated. Status changed from "submitted" to "approved". Was provided with some card details (number, expiry date)
June 9 - received the PR card!

Thanks everyone for your help and I hope you get your PR cards very soon!
Congratulations

Tanvirshaikh

Jan 2, 2018
Try the below steps- posted by someone else in a different forum

Linking PR Card application;
1. Login into your CIC account as you usually do.
2. Reach the page where you click "Check full application status" to view your application and messages
3. But do not click on that rather click on " Add (link) your application to your account"
4. Select the "Category" from the dropdown as "Permanent Resident Card"
5. Under Application Details, from "Please select one" select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
6. Put your UCI as it is NO SPACES and NO HYPHES
7. Put your Family Name as on you CoPR - UPPER and LOWER CASE matter here
8. The tricky one, Place of Birth Section. Here "City/town of birth" is very very crucial. Copy it as it is on your CoPR, any commas, upper/lower case, spaces, just copy it here.
9. Select your "Country/territory of birth" from the drop down
10. Next section is pretty easy as you just select your "Date you became a permanent resident" from dropdown. This is the day you did your landing by either flagpole or landing interview
11. Put "Country of Citizenship" and "Current marital status" from dropdowns.
12. Click "Search for my application", if all the inputs are correct then it will show you that the system has found your application. You just have to click Link my application to account and it will now be shown on "View the applications you submitted" page with your Permanent Residency application.
13. If after clicking "Search for my application" it show no application found, click Try again and try to input all the values carefully again. Each day it allows you 5 attempts. It it still doesn't find your application, you can try again the next day.
Hi,if i am an inland applicant then the answer for the date you became a permanent residence is the date i got my approval? Thanks in advance.

JoVanGirl

Mar 3, 2021
**Applicant from Vancouver, BC here**

AOR - June 20, 2020
COPR - April 6, 2021 [9 months later]!
Photos received by Etobicoke [according to Canada Post] - April 20, 2021
It is June 9 today, and there are no updates!!!

I have been stuck in Canada for 2+ years [since Sept 2019] due to expired TRV, couldn't apply to Bridging WP since I got the invitation for EE after the expiration of my work permit.

IRCC has driven me crazy this past year, with their covid delays and long processing. I lost 2 family members due to covid, and I couldn't go back to be with family. I want to go see my family ASAP I desperately need it.

The processing for Etobicoke according to this thread is 5 months for PR CARD . This has really been affecting me psychologically. I'm depressed big time. Is there any way I can make it quicker? What if I mail a new set of photos to the local office here in Vancouver with an explanation letter, would that work? My friends here have been getting their cards in 3 weeks' time. How is this fair? Also, why was my file assigned to Etobicoke if I live in Vancouver, BC????

HEEEEELPPPP PLEASEEEE! ANYTHING IS APPRECIATED.

THANKSSSS

yellowbellow

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
Try the below steps- posted by someone else in a different forum

Linking PR Card application;
1. Login into your CIC account as you usually do.
2. Reach the page where you click "Check full application status" to view your application and messages
3. But do not click on that rather click on " Add (link) your application to your account"
4. Select the "Category" from the dropdown as "Permanent Resident Card"
5. Under Application Details, from "Please select one" select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
6. Put your UCI as it is NO SPACES and NO HYPHES
7. Put your Family Name as on you CoPR - UPPER and LOWER CASE matter here
8. The tricky one, Place of Birth Section. Here "City/town of birth" is very very crucial. Copy it as it is on your CoPR, any commas, upper/lower case, spaces, just copy it here.
9. Select your "Country/territory of birth" from the drop down
10. Next section is pretty easy as you just select your "Date you became a permanent resident" from dropdown. This is the day you did your landing by either flagpole or landing interview
11. Put "Country of Citizenship" and "Current marital status" from dropdowns.
12. Click "Search for my application", if all the inputs are correct then it will show you that the system has found your application. You just have to click Link my application to account and it will now be shown on "View the applications you submitted" page with your Permanent Residency application.
13. If after clicking "Search for my application" it show no application found, click Try again and try to input all the values carefully again. Each day it allows you 5 attempts. It it still doesn't find your application, you can try again the next day.
Hey, I submitted my photos back in April! Quick question- I linked my application today only (June 9th), does that mean that they received my PR card application today or back in April? I’m confused

yellowbellow

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
Hello friends i got a reply from cic etobicoke after i have mailed them for asking how much time will it take.

My copr date is 20th jan
Photo delivered no idea.
1st GU on 3rd or 4th not sure.

Good Day,

Your PR card is currently under production. Once complete, the card will be mailed to the address on record.

Thank you for your continued patience.
What does GU mean?

Temitee002

Jan 26, 2021
Hey, I submitted my photos back in April! Quick question- I linked my application today only (June 9th), does that mean that they received my PR card application today or back in April? I’m confused
Hey there, your photo was received back in April. You are only seeing June 9 because it’s the day you linked your PR card application…..

Reactions: Silver Star