+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card timeline - 2023

Rukundo jean

Star Member
Aug 15, 2023
Hello everyone,
I received my ecopr on 22nd August, 2023. My processing office is in Montreal and I am located in BC.
However, there has been no update from IRCC since then - no GU or any other thing.
Does anyone know if there is a process to check the status? The pr portal says that it is in review with ircc

Also, we have travel plans for three weeks starting in the middle of December.
I am wondering if that will be a concern? Are we allowed to travel without receiving the first PR card?

Thanks in advance!
You can travel with no issue at all, however, you will need to apply for PRTD before coming back to Canada without your PR card.

Reactions: itispris

At the start

Feb 2, 2018
ECoPR - 17 August 2023
GU 1 - 24 October 2023 (Primary + 1 Dependent)
GU 2 - 7 November 2023 (Primary + 1 Dependent)
Card - 9 November 203 (Primary + 1 Dependent)

Finally, my journey ends here. Wish you guys all the luck in your processes and we may meet here again after 3 years for citizenship process.

Also, I am always available here to share the knowledge I learned in my process from IELTS to PR card, just ask me.

Thank you everyone for the support and information without which this would have been a long and stressful journey.

SarahPart

Star Member
Jul 4, 2023
What happens if the PRTD does not get approved before the 3 weeks?
That's why I cancelled my plans.
You can run into issues not being allowed to re-enter Canada without the PRTD.
Not sure how long it takes to get that PRTD done.

In my case, I would have needed to send my passport to Mexiko City (once arrived in Guatemala, as this is the assigned IRCC office for PRTD Guatemala). I wasn't sure how long that would take, nor if my passport gets lost anywhere.

To me the risk was not worth it in the end.

Reactions: geraldolvn

emtee98

Nov 7, 2023
I didn't get it today either mate. Do you think it's worth going personally to the local post office and enquiring the status? Challenge is we don't even have a tracking number.
Didn’t receive it today either.. don’t think it’s possible to check with Canada Post but it’s almost certainly lost at this point

Nov 10, 2023
Time line, I'm almost having an heart attack , we have a lot of things to solve, and no updates.

CEC
ITA: May 28, 2023
AOR: Jun 16,2023
portal 1:Oct 05, 2023
Portal 2: Oct 06, 2023
upload pic and address same day

E-COPR: Waiting...

#VO: Etobicoke

Anyone else on the same similar dates that already got the copr?

ravi1925

Oct 24, 2023
Time line, I'm almost having an heart attack , we have a lot of things to solve, and no updates.

CEC
ITA: May 28, 2023
AOR: Jun 16,2023
portal 1:Oct 05, 2023
Portal 2: Oct 06, 2023
upload pic and address same day

E-COPR: Waiting...

#VO: Etobicoke

Anyone else on the same similar dates that already got the copr?
Waiting from Oct 3rd after photo/address submission .. CEC program and having similar timelines with one week difference
#VO - Etobicoke

ravi1925

Oct 24, 2023
do you know how long is taking the situation as ours? like average or each date they are sending?
Earlier, Ecopr were generally available within 1-2 weeks after details submission, but now-a-days no defined timelines for it. Some people are getting within weeks, and there are people waiting since September as well.

athomsonk

Apr 18, 2023
Didn’t receive it today either.. don’t think it’s possible to check with Canada Post but it’s almost certainly lost at this point
Did you try calling IRCC to verify if they sent it to the right address? Also, does your address have a unit number?