+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card timeline - 2023

rmalhotra

Star Member
Jul 24, 2023
My spouse received her card today. She received Gu1 on 13th Sep. She got GU2 on 20th Sep and today (25th Sep) she received her card. My (I am the primary applicant) GU1 is also on 13th Sep and have not received GU2 yet. I have emailed IRCC and waiting for the response. Spoke to MP office too and not sure how soon they would take it up with IRCC. My ECOPR date - July 14th 2023.
Hi Can you please tell how did you approach MP office, through email or in person? And if email did you get reply back ? and in how many days,?

rmalhotra

Star Member
Jul 24, 2023
With reference to above, finally I received my PR Card too (e-COPR - July 14th 2023)!. Thanks every one, this forum is TRULY AMAZING...the experience sharing helps a lot....Good luck...
which vo ? and did you reach MP office ?

Oct 3, 2023
Hello friends,

A long thread with an intent of benefiting those who are awaiting their PR cards.

Date of e COPR (inland) : 11 July 2023
Date of card receipt: 25 September 2023 for spouse (74 Days)
Date of card receipt : 3 October 2023 for self (84 Days) , yeah imagine such a long wait.
VISA OFFICE : MONTREAL

Some of things we did.
1. We never linked GC Key simply because we thought it was another administrative effort. The linking of GC Key is only optional and not mandatory.

2. Our original processing time was 34 days as per portal. We did only two follow ups directly on IRCC call center.

3. The IRCC call center may take 30 mins time but the agents are very polite. For those who have not spoken to them even once , don't hesitate they are good people to support.

4. Cards for same family will get dispatched at different dates, so if spouse or kids gets first don't worry or feel stressed, it will be safe and arrive within one or two weeks maximum. For me my spouse card came first , I was so sad looking at empty mail box every day. But finally the card arrived after 84 days of eCopr.

5. Finally a note to all, stress and anxiety are the key things to be managed as many may have planned travel like emergency or wedding , etc. You can always take help of local MP or write to IRCC or call them up politely explaining the situation. Please don't be rude to IRCC officers they are handling many cases like you.

6. The IRCC officers told the date of dispatch of my card was separate and also gave his best wishes. They were very polite. Patience really helps.

7. For those who are waiting for cards, the above timelines can be considered as an indication, but some have got very soon. For us it was almost close to 3 months from eCopr.

Let me wish you all friends success in job and hope the Plastic card gets to your pocket soon. Peace be with you. Thanks for all forum contribution done by others, this is the only community we can share our situation.

Oct 3, 2023
When you link pr card application to GCKey - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html , you would be able to observe those updates when photo is approved and card is mailed out resp.
The term GU stands for Ghost update. Why it is called Ghost update is essentially no communication is sent like email, but a status of progress is changed hence called Ghost update. This is seen only on GC Key portal linking. PR portal status changes only after the In Review with IRCC changes to Case closed and Accepted.

Oct 3, 2023
The term GU stands for Ghost update. Why it is called Ghost update is essentially no communication is sent like email, but a status of progress is changed hence called Ghost update. This is seen only on GC Key portal linking. PR portal status changes only after the In Review with IRCC changes to Case closed and Accepted.
Thank you so much!

Rnrahman

Sep 2, 2023
I personally did this multiple times to visit US since my copr date of 28th July without any issues. The only thing they ask is signed ecopr copy to verify.
Thank you so much. Did they cause any issues or was it a simple border crossing where you just gave your copr and passport? U mentioned you had to do it multiple times and therefore was wondering if the interaction was the same everytime?

Bittu2k

Aug 15, 2023
Ecopr : 22 Sep

GU 1 : waiting

GU 2 : waiting

Pr card : waiting

VO: Montreal
Any one receive pr card recently.

mateo00

Aug 23, 2023
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
08/30/2023 - Portal 1
09/11/2023 - Portal 2
10/03/2023 - eCOPR received but without officer signature

Where will you receive the Ghost Update(GU1 and GU2)? Will you receive it from the "Permanent Residency" application or from the "Permanent Resident Card" application in GCKey?

I recently received ghost update via email in my "Permanent Residency" application saying "We updated your application status (*00*******)". Is this the GU1 or should I wait a ghost update in the Permanent Resident card application?

Here is the ghost update I received: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16_oNgRNgKLp6-xd6UA8-jmilcSBYNsVU/view?usp=drive_link

Last edited:

ciecie

Mar 9, 2023
08/30/2023 - Portal 1
09/11/2023 - Portal 2
10/03/2023 - eCOPR received but without officer signature

Where will you receive the Ghost Update(GU1 and GU2)? Will you receive it from the "Permanent Residency" application or from the "Permanent Resident Card" application in GCKey?

I recently received ghost update via email in my "Permanent Residency" application saying "We updated your application status (*00*******)". Is this the GU1 or should I wait a ghost update in the Permanent Resident card application?

Here is the ghost update I received: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16_oNgRNgKLp6-xd6UA8-jmilcSBYNsVU/view?usp=drive_link
GU1 you will see a line in GCKey something like “Final Decision - We are processing your application”

GU2 is something like “We mailed your card…”

Both are in GCKey Card application.

Reactions: mateo00

rsm0703

Jun 22, 2023
  • eCoPR: July 24th
  • PR portal: Address: "approved" | Photo: "in review"
  • GU1: Final decision - September 19, 2023: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
  • GU2: Review of eligibility - September 27, 2023: Your eligibility has been reviewed. Your application was approved. We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.
  • PR Card Arrived: October 03

VO: Etobicoke
Finally, I received my PR Card. \o/
Good luck to all of you.

Reactions: mateo00