+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card timeline - 2023

tavanpreet

Oct 4, 2023
I personally did this multiple times to visit US since my copr date of 28th July without any issues. The only thing they ask is signed ecopr copy to verify.
Hi,

PR Inland application.

My ecopr is expiring in Nov and still waiting for PR card.

I've a week long travel coming up in Dec. Does anyway know if I'll be allowed to enter Canada via US- Canada land border on expired ecopr?

Thanks

rmalhotra

Star Member
Jul 24, 2023
Hi,

PR Inland application.

My ecopr is expiring in Nov and still waiting for PR card.

I've a week long travel coming up in Dec. Does anyway know if I'll be allowed to enter Canada via US- Canada land border on expired ecopr?

Thanks
Yes, you will be. COPR is just a document for them to show which verifies your status in Canada. Expiry doesn't matter.

Reactions: tavanpreet

vp2727

Oct 1, 2022
eCoPR: July 24th
PR portal: Address: "approved" | Photo: "in review"
GU1: Final decision - September 21, 2023: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
GU2: Review of eligibility - September 28, 2023: Your eligibility has been reviewed. Your application was approved. We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.
PR Card Arrived: October 04

VO: Montreal office

I have a flight tomorrow to US, got card just in time!

rmalhotra

Star Member
Jul 24, 2023
eCoPR: July 24th
PR portal: Address: "approved" | Photo: "in review"
GU1: Final decision - September 21, 2023: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
GU2: Review of eligibility - September 28, 2023: Your eligibility has been reviewed. Your application was approved. We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.
PR Card Arrived: October 04

Montreal office

I have a flight tomorrow to US, got card just in time!
Which VO ?

SarahPart

Star Member
Jul 4, 2023
Hi,
Does anyone have a clue how long it takes to get the eCoPR after having uploaded the necessary info/photo?
I received the portal Email 9/25 and confirmed everything, including photo-upload on 9/26. No eCoPR since then..

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi,
Does anyone have a clue how long it takes to get the eCoPR after having uploaded the necessary info/photo?
I received the portal Email 9/25 and confirmed everything, including photo-upload on 9/26. No eCoPR since then..
Which Visa Office?

If Montreal it can take 4-6 weeks unless lucky

Reactions: SarahPart

t6e4m8

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
Alberta, Canada
CEC inland - Single without dependents

Sep 15, 2023: Portal 1. Replied to email the next day.
Sep 18: Portal 2. Uploaded address & photo on the same day
Sep 19: eCoPR
Sep 26: GCKey message “We mailed your card. It can take up to 6 weeks for PR card to arrive”
Oct 3: Received PR card

Last edited:

VKR123

Jan 2, 2021
Hi Can you please tell how did you approach MP office, through email or in person? And if email did you get reply back ? and in how many days,?
Found the MP online and called them. They asked me to email the form (with request, and name& address and signature) and then they reached out to IRCC...they reverted in 4 days or so (before that I waited for 10 days and then came to know that the person left MP office and new person took my case and I got the update in 4 days) - VO - Etobicoke

Reactions: Chaan and SarahPart

VKR123

Jan 2, 2021
Hi Can you please tell how did you approach MP office, through email or in person? And if email did you get reply back ? and in how many days,?
which vo ? and did you reach MP office ?
Yes, reached MP office. Found the MP online and called them. They asked me to email the form (with request, and name& address and signature) and then they reached out to IRCC...they reverted in 4 days or so (before that I waited for 10 days and then came to know that the person left MP office and new person took my case and I got the update in 4 days) - VO - Etobicoke