VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
Finally the Journey is nearly over!

ECOPR: 22 June 2023
Update 1 / Eligibility in Progress: 10 August 2023
Update 2 / PR Card has been Mailed: 15 August 2023

I did send an email to my MP early August requesting assistance because it had exceeded the 28 (now 33) days processing times, but don't know how much of that actually helped.

novemberrain

Sep 6, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
hi all,
I have a small doubt to people who got pr card, in the backside card in the place of landing is OTTAWA? I applied from quebec through quebec skilled worker program and i came to canada and landed in montreal for the first time.
anyone have any idea?
thanks
The place of landing is the place of the VO which sent you the portal email. In my case, place of landing is Etobicoke since they are the one who approved my application. I am residing in Toronto, btw. I don't think you should worry about this one.

arindam.d

Feb 14, 2018
NOC Code......
Finally the Journey is nearly over!

ECOPR: 22 June 2023
Update 1 / Eligibility in Progress: 10 August 2023
Update 2 / PR Card has been Mailed: 15 August 2023

I did send an email to my MP early August requesting assistance because it had exceeded the 28 (now 33) days processing times, but don't know how much of that actually helped.
Congratulations

Alejandro123

Jan 26, 2019
My eCopr shows the date of 3rd of August 2023 both in pr portal and gckey. Pr portal still shows photo and address under review but eCopr is downloadable. Gckey shows final decision on August 3rd, approved. How do I know when the card has been mailed? Where will it tell me it was mailed? Where do I receive these "updates" pr portal or gckey?

Btw, I applied within Canada. Thank you.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
My eCopr shows the date of 3rd of August 2023 both in pr portal and gckey. Pr portal still shows photo and address under review but eCopr is downloadable. Gckey shows final decision on August 3rd, approved. How do I know when the card has been mailed? Where will it tell me it was mailed? Where do I receive these "updates" pr portal or gckey?

Btw, I applied within Canada. Thank you.
You PR card application will be updated with date when the card is a mailed out

Alejandro123

Jan 26, 2019
You PR card application will be updated with date when the card is a mailed out
There are 3 parts on the PR portal.

1. Permanent residence application : it shows it was submitted and that does not show anything and has not changed since I first started the pr process

2. Permanent residence confirmation : it shows my case status in review with ircc and it's where I uploaded my address and photo and it shows in review as well. Also eCopr is available for download

3. PR card travel document : from what I understand we don't need it when it's our first pr card. Which I'm not sure about because it does show that it should be done when applying for first pr card, but when checking eligibility criteria it says new permanent residents don't need to apply for pr card just provide a physical address inside canada

On which of these 3 will the update show?

There is also my gckey account or my IRCC account where my application was linked and it says final decision has been made. Application approved and shows copr with same date of eCopr August 3rd.

This is all very hard to understand as must things are not well explained or generalized for people applying outside of canada and landing here for the first time. I have also read about people that received pr card and status on their photo and address never changed nor received a notification of pr card being mailed.

Last edited:

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
There are 3 parts on the PR portal.

1. Permanent residence application : it shows it was submitted and that does not show anything and has not changed since I first started the pr process

2. Permanent residence confirmation : it shows my case status in review with ircc and it's where I uploaded my address and photo and it shows in review as well. Also eCopr is available for download

3. PR card travel document : from what I understand we don't need it when it's our first pr card. Which I'm not sure about because it does show that it should be done when applying for first pr card, but when checking eligibility criteria it says new permanent residents don't need to apply for pr card just provide a physical address inside canada

On which of these 3 will the update show?

There is also my gckey account or my IRCC account where my application was linked and it says final decision has been made. Application approved and shows copr with same date of eCopr August 3rd.

This is all very hard to understand as must things are not well explained or generalized for people applying outside of canada and landing here for the first time. I have also read about people that received pr card and status on their photo and address never changed nor received a notification of pr card being mailed.
A PR card application doesnt show up automatically either on PR portal OR GCKey. So none of the 4 options mentioned are helpful (PR portal or GCKey)

You need to link your PR card application to your GCKey using steps mentioned here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

Once linked, you can track.

Rahal2000

Star Member
Nov 23, 2022
The place of landing is the place of the VO which sent you the portal email. In my case, place of landing is Etobicoke since they are the one who approved my application. I am residing in Toronto, btw. I don't think you should worry about this one.
Hi, in your signature you mentioned that you linked to GCKey, is there any advantage to do so. Does the PR portal not enough to track the processing status of the PR card?