+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card timeline - 2023

var2494

May 13, 2020
Same here ecopr:13 march
Im still waiting for the card.gc account shows submitted. Raised a webform but there is no reply yet.
Any update from anyone who got their eCOPR during the week of March 13th? My eCOPR is 16th March and I havent heard anything. I have friends who have received their PR cards last week even though their eCOPR was later. I have travel in less than 3 weeks and am getting concerned.

Reactions: Patty molina

Patty molina

Aug 13, 2022
Hi guys. Heres my timeline
COPR Jan 17.
PR mailed April 3

im still waiting…

this is a very frustrating time for me. Can anyone tell me if they recieve their pr card when their copr was in January. im afraid mine got lost in the mail or something. How long does it usually take?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
I meant that what is the timeline for getting a PR card after landing for FW who got their COPR while they are outside Canada.
Your guess is as good as anyone else here . I'm inland and still waiting on my PR card since January. At minimum, 1-2 months after completing it when you land.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Any update from anyone who got their eCOPR during the week of March 13th? My eCOPR is 16th March and I havent heard anything. I have friends who have received their PR cards last week even though their eCOPR was later. I have travel in less than 3 weeks and am getting concerned.
You should be concerned because I highly doubt you will get it in 3 weeks. Especially since the strike has slowed things down even further.

Reactions: cz999

Patty molina

Aug 13, 2022
You should be concerned because I highly doubt you will get it in 3 weeks. Especially since the strike has slowed things down even further.
I need to travel soon too. But I read somewhere that PR cards are not affected by the strike. Especially if they had already been “sent”. We will keep on praying though. I really wanted to travel soon but everything seems to be off.

lcp1234

Jan 6, 2022
did you get any update?

same here ecopr : march 13
called ircc agent said there is no status /update on your application , not sure what this means
Same here! :( eCOPR March 10 and still waiting for PR card. Meanwhile, I see people with eCOPR after March 20 getting their cards in the mail. Any updates on your end? @Kikk, @Henry99 @var2494 @diptimo2001 looks like we are all in the same sad boat lol

Reactions: var2494

tiwana777

Apr 6, 2023
Can anyone tell me how PR card in process can affect my travel plans? If my Pr card is not issued yet (I have ECoPr) can I not travel on my current Trv/docs?

mrleveling

Apr 14, 2023
Can anyone tell me how PR card in process can affect my travel plans? If my Pr card is not issued yet (I have ECoPr) can I not travel on my current Trv/docs?
You can travel outside of canada bu would need either PR card or PRTD to be able to get back into canada and your TRVs are all void as soon as you receive ecopr. So no, you can't use them.

tiwana777

Apr 6, 2023
You can travel outside of canada bu would need either PR card or PRTD to be able to get back into canada and your TRVs are all void as soon as you receive ecopr. So no, you can't use them.
I had no idea about my TRVs being invalidated, and I assume PRTD waiting times are going to be longer lmao I’m just gonna hope I can get Pr card before or someone can ship it to me to my travel destination, that works too right?

mrleveling

Apr 14, 2023
I had no idea about my TRVs being invalidated, and I assume PRTD waiting times are going to be longer lmao I’m just gonna hope I can get Pr card before or someone can ship it to me to my travel destination, that works too right?
I'm in the same boat. I'm waiting for PR card so I could go back to india for a vacation but I wouldn't do anything like having it shipped to me. Even though there aren't any legal restrictions as far as I can tell, there's an element of risk. For example if the courier loses the PR card then it would be a big hassle. I'd advise on waiting for some more time and travel with peace of mind.