+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card timeline - 2023

nazanintb

Dec 26, 2020
Hello Everyone, I got my CoPR on March 7th but no PR card yet. I see you guys talking about the date it was mailed to you, how do you know that ? I have linked my PR to GCkey but there is no update. Do you think since it's almost two month I should send a webform ?

Reactions: Patty molina

Patty molina

Aug 13, 2022
Hello Everyone, I got my CoPR on March 7th but no PR card yet. I see you guys talking about the date it was mailed to you, how do you know that ? I have linked my PR to GCkey but there is no update. Do you think since it's almost two month I should send a webform ?
Hey! I got my ecopr on January 17. My pr card was sent to me April 3. I found out when I called Ircc and asked them for an update. I suggest you call them and find out if your pr card was printed and sent out to you! Sometimes it doesnt show updates on the accounts so its better to call them and find out.

245east84

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-04-2017
I am applying for PR card renewal (not a new card) from inside Canada. My registered application for renewal was received on 28 March 2023. I have not yet gotten any email or anything, I just have the tracked mail package getting there at the end of March. Anyone in similar boat?

I suspect the government official strikes will impact the timelines.

Henry99

Oct 24, 2019
I am applying for PR card renewal (not a new card) from inside Canada. My registered application for renewal was received on 28 March 2023. I have not yet gotten any email or anything, I just have the tracked mail package getting there at the end of March. Anyone in similar boat?

I suspect the government official strikes will impact the timelines.
They are not on strike anymore , also for card renewal it takes at least 70 days as per current processing time. In addition, this thread we all talk about ecopr and first pr card fyi. best you can do is call ircc to get an update.

alianjum87

Jan 14, 2023
Hey! I got my ecopr on January 17. My pr card was sent to me April 3. I found out when I called Ircc and asked them for an update. I suggest you call them and find out if your pr card was printed and sent out to you! Sometimes it doesnt show updates on the accounts so its better to call them and find out.
I am in a similar situation. I had received an email on 30th march stating that the PR card of my wife has been approved and mailed but even after 5 weeks we have not received it. Any update from your side? Did you raised any web form or tried reaching out to IRCC?

Patty molina

Aug 13, 2022
I am in a similar situation. I had received an email on 30th march stating that the PR card of my wife has been approved and mailed but even after 5 weeks we have not received it. Any update from your side? Did you raised any web form or tried reaching out to IRCC?
Hello. No update here. I am feeling very stressed because I wanted to travel to my homecountry. I call IRCC every week and ask but they keep saying that it will come before the 6 weeks. I never got an email saying that my pr card was sent out to me. They just told me over the phone. I still have 11 days until my 6 weeks are over. I havnt raised any webform but I might just do that today… let me know if you receive your card .

deniseavg

May 8, 2023
did you get any update?

same here ecopr : march 13
called ircc agent said there is no status /update on your application , not sure what this means
I also received my ecopr on March 13 but until now I’m still waiting for my PR card. Processing office is Etobicoke. I just linked my PR to my GC key over the weekend. I’m worried cos I’ll be moving at the end of June and the address that I declared on the portal is my current address. Did you get your PR card already?

Henry99

Oct 24, 2019
I also received my ecopr on March 13 but until now I’m still waiting for my PR card. Processing office is Etobicoke. I just linked my PR to my GC key over the weekend. I’m worried cos I’ll be moving at the end of June and the address that I declared on the portal is my current address. Did you get your PR card already?
So I sent two emails that I have travel plans soon and after one week I got a reply that they sent my photo to production team bla bla and then last Thursday my gc application approved and mailed and still no card , I suggest you do the same also call ircc and say it's been way passed the processing time and ask to put a note , you just need to insist and push them to work , If you say you are moving they might ask you to provide new address and might be different case not sure

deniseavg

May 8, 2023
So I sent two emails that I have travel plans soon and after one week I got a reply that they sent my photo to production team bla bla and then last Thursday my gc application approved and mailed and still no card , I suggest you do the same also call ircc and say it's been way passed the processing time and ask to put a note , you just need to insist and push them to work , If you say you are moving they might ask you to provide new address and might be different case not sure
Okay, I might as well do that. Also in the PR portal my photo is still in review so it’s worrisome and I can’t help but over think about it. What is the best time to call IRCC and how long did you wait or how long did they put you on hold?

parulanu

May 9, 2023
Guys, I had my COPR on 14th March. Total 4 applicants we are. We got the PR card for three of us on 29th March itself and for one we are still waiting. I am calling the customer care almost twice a week but no success. I raised the web form once two weeks before and have raised one more today to see if any moevement.

It's tough to have any answer but still awaiting as we have tickets booked for travel to India next week. Only option seems like if don't get PR card, then enter via Land to Canada from US using COPR.

Has anyone tried this?

Henry99

Oct 24, 2019
Okay, I might as well do that. Also in the PR portal my photo is still in review so it’s worrisome and I can’t help but over think about it. What is the best time to call IRCC and how long did you wait or how long did they put you on hold?
forget about pr portal, i was calling around 11 am, after couple tries i got it and had to wait 30 minutes

alianjum87

Jan 14, 2023
Hello. No update here. I am feeling very stressed because I wanted to travel to my homecountry. I call IRCC every week and ask but they keep saying that it will come before the 6 weeks. I never got an email saying that my pr card was sent out to me. They just told me over the phone. I still have 11 days until my 6 weeks are over. I havnt raised any webform but I might just do that today… let me know if you receive your card .
I also have not heard back anything from them. I am out of country and have tried to raise a couple of webforms but they are sending very generic and template emails that " Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible. Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed. While your application is being processed, we recommend consulting the Check your application status page to learn how we are processing applications during the pandemic and how to check the status of your application.................."

In my case my 6 weeks have already passed. I am not sure what should be the course of action from here. I am not sure what has happened? Whether the cards have been misplaced ? or have gone back to them or what has happened. I absolutely have no idea. In case there is an update in your case, please let me know.

Rupesh353

Oct 27, 2017
Hi All ,

Do I have to be physically present to receive PR card ? Or they just leave it in our mail box . Reason I ask is that my wife might have to travel back to India before we receive our PR cards and does that allow me to receive her card ? Also Is there a way for her to re-enter canada without PR card or Do I have to get her PR card delivered to her in India before she travels ? Just wondering ,if anyone had been in similar situation earlier and what did they do overcome it ?