+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card timeline - 2023

cedieidia

May 29, 2023
Asking for advice:
So, we just finished confirming in the PR Portal last week, and on Friday last week, I learned that one cannot re-enter Canada without their PR card or PRTD. We have a pre-arranged trip to Japan to meet family from Oct 11-21. I haven't received my eCOPR yet but in the tracker, there is already a Document number. I have already emailed the IRCC email that they used to give instructions for the portal about it and asked for the delay in the processing on my eCOPR or if they have any better option for us. What are your thoughts?

Ghassan Mahmood

Jun 15, 2018
Asking for advice:
So, we just finished confirming in the PR Portal last week, and on Friday last week, I learned that one cannot re-enter Canada without their PR card or PRTD. We have a pre-arranged trip to Japan to meet family from Oct 11-21. I haven't received my eCOPR yet but in the tracker, there is already a Document number. I have already emailed the IRCC email that they used to give instructions for the portal about it and asked for the delay in the processing on my eCOPR or if they have any better option for us. What are your thoughts?
Keep this in mind: after the EcoPR, you would need to wait for at least two months to have your PR card processed.

Kasumi714

Jul 14, 2022
I got GU2 today
Latest update: Review of eligibility - September 19, 2023:Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.

Status
We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.

My VO: Montreal

I hope I can get my card in my pocket next week

In short,
eCoPR: Aug 1
GU1: Sep 13
GU2: Sep 19(mailed out)

VO: Montreal
Today card arrived

eCoPR: Aug 1
GU1: Sep 13
GU2: Sep 19
Arrive my card: Sep 25

VO: Montreal

Bye all you guys

Reactions: rean1 and rmalhotra

MVRAO1

Jul 14, 2023
Thanks for sharing , useful info. My GU1 was 13th Sep. I have not yet received GU2 - I just sent email to the address above. (By the way, my spouse got GU1 on 13th Sep, and GU2 on 20th)
My spouse received her card today. She received Gu1 on 13th Sep. She got GU2 on 20th Sep and today (25th Sep) she received her card. My (I am the primary applicant) GU1 is also on 13th Sep and have not received GU2 yet. I have emailed IRCC and waiting for the response. Spoke to MP office too and not sure how soon they would take it up with IRCC. My ECOPR date - July 14th 2023.

faheem_88

Sep 26, 2023
eCOPR: 31st July
VO: Etobicoke

No updates at all. Can someone provide me IRCC number and the extension numbers so i can directly speak with someone there?

Thanks for your help

rmalhotra

Star Member
Jul 24, 2023
eCOPR: 31st July
VO: Etobicoke

No updates at all. Can someone provide me IRCC number and the extension numbers so i can directly speak with someone there?

Thanks for your help
"Call IRCC at 1 (888) 242-2100 .When you call IRCC, It will ask you for the UCI , press 2 i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the message for Afghanistan and Ukraine refugees start playing press 3 3 0 in quick succession you will be able to reach them. Ask them your PR card application number and use the same to link"

Found this in one of the comments added in this thread, you can give it a try.

Reactions: faheem_88

quatummm

Jun 28, 2021
My eCOPR day is September 13th
GU1 is September 19th

Is there an average processing time from GU1 to GU2 ? or is it totally random?

I waited 55 days from portal1 to portal2, I don't want to wait anymore, I need to travel outside of the country...

arsh0016

Apr 17, 2023
Hii everyone I have question I got update 1 on sept 18 for pr card final decision and today I got update that application approved is it mailed or not yet ? I am confuse is anyone know about this.