+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card time period

ajaysinh

Aug 9, 2012
Hello friends,

I do have below questions running in my mind to get the PR card.

1) Is it for sure that I must wait for 61 days to get PR card? Can it come to mail address before such time period. ( I don't want to apply on urgency base). Whom should I contact for getting latest update about my PR Card?

2) Is it possible that my friend (with whom I am staying) can courier me on my Indian address as I am leaving Canada?

3) Does my physical attendance require to receive PR card? B'coz once I leave Canada, I could not come again without PR card.

4) Are CPR and my passport enough to get re-entry in Canada?

Thank you for reading these questions. I wish anybody could respond me.

I am eagerly waiting.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) You can't know exactly when it will come. It could be faster or slower. If this is your first card and you just landed, you can not apply on urgent basis.

2) Your friend can have it couriered to you.

3) You will get it in the mail unless there is a problem with the photo, then you may be asked to bring a new photo. If you do not get a PR card, you can still return to Canada, see below.

4) Your COPR (landing documents) and passport is enough to enter Canada but if you are not visa exempt to Canada, you may have a problem getting on a plane without a PR card. An airline will not transport you unless they are sure you can get in. If you can get to the US, you can enter with your passport and COPR on the land border. If you can not get to the US or want to fly, you can apply for a PR travel document at any Canadian embassy. They can take up to a few weeks to process, are usually valid for 6 months and grant you entry to Canada.

ajaysinh

Aug 9, 2012
Leon,

Thank You very much.

My COPR ( client copy ) would be valid to re-enter in Canada? I asked again because I am talking about the COPR which was issued to me at the time of Visa approval.

What if they ask for new photo and at that time I am in India?

What does "visa exempt to Canada" mean? How can I check that I am not visa exempt to Canada?

How long (Maximum time) it can take to receive PR Card on my mail address.. Coz I am leaving Canada and don't know when PR card would be issued.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajaysinh said:
My COPR ( client copy ) would be valid to re-enter in Canada? I asked again because I am talking about the COPR which was issued to me at the time of Visa approval.

What if they ask for new photo and at that time I am in India?

What does "visa exempt to Canada" mean? How can I check that I am not visa exempt to Canada?

How long (Maximum time) it can take to receive PR Card on my mail address.. Coz I am leaving Canada and don't know when PR card would be issued.
The PR visa is only valid for one entry. The COPR, landing papers, you get a copy of when you land as a PR. As a PR, it is your right to enter Canada. If you show up at Canada immigration either by plane or at the land border and show your passport and your landing papers that is enough for them to see that you are a PR and they will let you enter.

Your problem would be being allowed to enter that plane because the airline will not let you unless they are sure you will be allowed to enter. You are visa exempt if people from your country are able to visit Canada without getting a visa. If that is so, the airline will let you board the plane based on your passport without a visa. If people from your country need a visa, the airline will expect you to have a visa, a PR card or a travel document if they are to let you board the plane. If you are an Indian citizen, then you are not visa exempt and you will need to apply for a PR travel document at the embassy in ND if you do not have your PR card yet by the time you want to return.

If immigration asks for a new photo while you are in India, maybe they will give you a chance to mail it. If not, then get a travel document when you want to return and get your PR card when you are back in Canada. It is not a big deal.

There is no maximum time to receive the PR card. If it got lost in the mail, you may never get it. If the photo is a problem, you will not get it until that has been resolved.

ajaysinh

Aug 9, 2012
Hi Leon,

Just read your reply !!!

Thank you very much for providing information.
I just have simple question that COPR through which I landed in Canada with PR visa would be valid for re-entry or Not?If NO then Why?This is just a case in which if I could not get the PR Card within time period.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajaysinh said:
Hi Leon,

Just read your reply !!!

Thank you very much for providing information.
I just have simple question that COPR through which I landed in Canada with PR visa would be valid for re-entry or Not?If NO then Why?This is just a case in which if I could not get the PR Card within time period.
The COPR is valid for re-entry towards immigration but not towards the airline. You ask why not. The why not is because they want you to have a PR card because it is a lot harder to fake. Before PR cards, every PR just travelled with their COPR folded up inside their passport and the airlines would have to figure out if the person holding that document is allowed to enter Canada or not.

Zed1

Apr 7, 2012
I have been refused my renewed PR Card although I have given enough proof eg 5 years
of Visa Credit Card statements, Notice of Assessments, 2 job letters, Bank letter ans 3
years of statements from Citifinancial Loan.

Now I have been told that the immigration offer will decide. I is wise to have a lawyer?